We really need a grassroots campaign about this, Are you listening?

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Great Psycho. Since you are the economics professor on these boards, why don't you tell me what, specifically, we should do about the national 5.6% unemployment rate?

Please note that since I challenged him, Psychoblues ignored my invitation to post a specific policy, instead of generalizations and asking whether or not we Dig It. However, he did post six different other times. So I'm concluding that Psychoblues has no policy recommendation and is just complaining about how EEEEEEEEEVIL Republicans are. Typical.

In the words of Sir Evil "get used to it" GOP. Psycho is incapable of directly addressing anyone's pt w/o some form of cop out. It's happened to me. He would rather respond to the name callers than be forced to defend his view.

Anywho, my two cents on outsourcing.
Over half a million jobs have been created in this country in the last two months, so I don't think what outsourcing is taking place is that big a deal. Secondly it is not that there aren't jobs in the U.S. There simply aren't jobs that Americans are willing to do for the pay corps are offering.

Take me for example. I currently work at a low pay job ($7/hr) at a promotion company to answer phones. Would I like to make more? Sure. But, quite frankly the job doesn't warrant much higher pay, if any. The fact that McDonalds pays 12/hr some places to flip burgers is outrageous. Guess it's kinda one of those jobs you can't outsource though.

Finally if outsourcing really is bad (which it's not) the market will take care of it. If productivity goes down too much (and in some cases it has) corp's will respond by moving jobs back here because the cost of higher wages is less than what the company may be losing in productivity. Outsourcing, while it has been going for some time is only now starting to get attention. If it is something that needs to be corrected, it will be by the market. There is nothing that the gov't can provide or produce that the free market can't do better. The correction, if neccessary, is not going to happen over night. If we decide to let the gov't fix it, they would like to fix it over night, but it will cost more in the long run than if we let the market fix itself.

In the meantime we are providing high paying job, relatively speaking, to people of other countries. You can't have it both ways, libs. You complain about how destitute people in some countries are and when we do something like provide jobs that improve people lives you complain. You would rather us just give them fish then teach them how to fish.

There is a grassroots campaign to create new jobs in America. Its called using our tax returns and hard earned cash to buy the goods and services we like thereby creating demands which the market economy will fulfill by creating new jobs.

Forum List

Back