We really need a grassroots campaign about this, Are you listening?

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Good and formerly solid American jobs are being sold out to foriegn countries with the excuse given that it's competitive. What a crock!!!!! Americans have proven time and time again that we are the most productive of all the peoples and societies in the world. So, wherein lies the major problem? Are the loss of our jobs in the interest of competition or merely related to corporate market manipulation? As many of you already know, the powers that be don't always tell the truth and the media certainly can't be relied upon for accurate information. American workers are now in a dilemma that they have not created.

Commercial/Industrial/Residential projects are forecast based on current criterion. Even then the profit is substantial and verifiably so. Shipping manufacturing off shore has never produced any reduction of price in hard goods for Americans. But it has worked to reduce wages for already almost destitute Americans, placed many on the roles of unemployment, sent some to their graves and caused others to plainly give up in total despair. It's a wage reduction thing and to hell with our economy thing is all I can come up with, can you dig it?

Americans are willing to work and work hard. To say otherwise is just ignorance in action. And self serving short-sighted corporate decisions that cause them to view their work as un-important and thus their lives rendered practically useless is not simply but much more a MAJOR CRIME. Even local contractors that hire illegals to do their bidding forecast their projects on predominate wage rates and profit enourmously when their forecast and winning bid can be achieved with cheaper labor. But don't for one second intimate to me that common Americans are overpaid while the corporate CEO jerks are making millions per hour and some millions per minute. Labor cost is just another sham orchestrated by the benefactors of the proclamators of such nonsense, from a macro sense. But now we're getting deep.

Considering that I don't give working class Republicans much credit for "deep thought", I'll stop here and give you some space to respond. I'll consider a non-response as verification, can you dig it?

Originally posted by Psychoblues
Considering that I don't give working class Republicans much credit for "deep thought". . . .

Since you feel this way, there is no need for any of us to reply as you already are convinced that you are right and that we are wrong.

BTW: Your partner NYCFLASHER exibits the level of "deep thought" proffered by the left.....

where the hell were you guys when I was raising hell about this in january?

its too late now guys. these jobs are gone, more are leaving. It's been proven that these companies would rather lose productivity than to pay a high labor costs.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
where the hell were you guys when I was raising hell about this in january?

its too late now guys. these jobs are gone, more are leaving. It's been proven that these companies would rather lose productivity than to pay a high labor costs.

Some are coming back.
Some.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Since you feel this way, there is no need for any of us to reply as you already are convinced that you are right and that we are wrong.

BTW: Your partner NYCFLASHER exibits the level of "deep thought" proffered by the left.....

I'm sure you can make a point without bringing me into it.
Well, maybe.

We cannot cripple every corporation in america by forcing them to use overpaid american workers. Someone WILL use the Indians and chinese, and their companies will defeat ours if we don't do the same. Will it force americans to be innovative? yes. will it be hard? Yes. Is it necessary? yes. Must we change our attitudes about the world and our lives? yes.

Psychoblues, go rally the U.N. for a international living wage. I hope that'll keep your garbage off our board for awhile.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
We cannot cripple every corporation in america by forcing them to use overpaid american workers.

Overpaid how? Compared to the $5 a week some workers get in other countries?

Just wonderingwhat you mean. DO you mean US workers should be paid less?

If we don't either 1) export jobs or 2) import low cost workers, we cannot compete in the world market.

Our only real recourse is to become Isolationsists.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
If we don't either 1) export jobs or 2) import low cost workers, we cannot compete in the world market.

Our only real recourse is to become Isolationsists.

Ah...

Yours is gospel while in your opinion mine is garbage? Is that what you're saying, Rtwngventure? The UN is being petitioned as we speak, this is a subject that deserves serious debate and commentary and you suck. There's no debate about that.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Overpaid how? Compared to the $5 a week some workers get in other countries?

Just wonderingwhat you mean. DO you mean US workers should be paid less?

american workers will only get paid what a corporation is willing to pay. That means that now, with globalization, if a corporation can pay 1 person in india 25% of what they would pay 1 american to do the same job, thats what they'll do.

That also means that if they can pay 5 chinese workers the same they would pay 1 american, thats what they'll do.

Whats still stupefying to me is that so far the majority of corporations that have offshored to reduce labor costs have continually missed project deadlines, gone over budget for their reduced estimations, and lost contracts due to this ineptness of offshoring but are still willing to deal with the negatives instead of paying the high salary demands of american workers.

Therefore, RWA's creed of being innovative and things being harder isn't far off the mark. just kind of backwards due to illogical cost analysis by executives.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
american workers will only get paid what a corporation is willing to pay. That means that now, with globalization, if a corporation can pay 1 person in india 25% of what they would pay 1 american to do the same job, thats what they'll do.

That also means that if they can pay 5 chinese workers the same they would pay 1 american, thats what they'll do.

Whats still stupefying to me is that so far the majority of corporations that have offshored to reduce labor costs have continually missed project deadlines, gone over budget for their reduced estimations, and lost contracts due to this ineptness of offshoring but are still willing to deal with the negatives instead of paying the high salary demands of american workers.

Therefore, RWA's creed of being innovative and things being harder isn't far off the mark. just kind of backwards due to illogical cost analysis by executives.

Hmm.
Well, I can think of harm that comes from companies doing whatever they can to reduce overhead. Aside from the obvious.

For instance, many companies will continue to pay fines for years instead of adapting to new enviromental standards for discharge and such.

When will the government finally say enough is enough?
Probably not while Bush is in office, huh?

On another note, in a humanitarian sense, is it right to pay someone overseas an unliveable wage for work performed just because we can?

On another note, in a humanitarian sense, is it right to pay someone overseas an unliveable wage for work performed just because we can?

Have you ever travelled to a third or even 2nd world country? If so, you would know that $5 and hour over there is like $50 an hour here. So that comment makes no sense at all.

Hmm.
Well, I can think of harm that comes from companies doing whatever they can to reduce overhead. Aside from the obvious.

Forinstance, many companies will continue to pay fines for years insteadof adapting to new enviromental standars for discharge and such.

not if they are able to produce in these other countries that exempt them from environmental laws.

When will the government finally say enough is enough?
Probably not while Bush is in office, huh?

what can bush, or any other president do, if these companies move their companies and all to another country?

sucks doesn't it, but theres nothing that says the worker has to work for that little.

DK, you are really a right winger in a cheap disquise, correct? American workers are not overpaid in any estimation other than very shallow and poorly reflective corporate estimations and reports. That's understandable as they also poorly reflect American standards and expectations, post positive American productivity results yet continue to diminish American living wages, blame everything on the you and me and most all of us that post here on USMB, even eliminate us but still it's American? Sorry, pal, I think you unequipped to even marginally discuss any of that.

But I love you anyway. Get an education. The government sure as hell will prevent it but a Democrat with an education can be usefull to our American society. Big-headedness will be our downfall. :) I just gave the jerks a fiery opportunity!!!!!!!!!!

Define a living wage.

Does that mean making enough to sustain their lives or having enough to:

Own two cars, three TV's, and a vacation home while eating out at least twice a week?

Even the poor in America tend to own more than one telephone, TV and car. Therefore, how bad off can we really be as a nation?

Doesn't the Heinze Corporation employ something like 60% of their workforce overseas?

Originally posted by Psychoblues
DK, you are really a right winger in a cheap disquise, correct? American workers are not overpaid in any estimation other than very shallow and poorly reflective corporate estimations and reports. That's understandable as they also poorly reflect American standards and expectations, post positive American productivity results yet continue to diminish American living wages, blame everything on the you and me and most all of us that post here on USMB, even eliminate us but still it's American? Sorry, pal, I think you unequipped to even marginally discuss any of that.

But I love you anyway. Get an education. The government sure as hell will prevent it but a Democrat with an education can be usefull to our American society. Big-headedness will be our downfall. :) I just gave the jerks a fiery opportunity!!!!!!!!!!

first off, I never said that american workers were overpaid. I personally feel I'm not paid enough for some of the things that I do, however, I don't own or run the company so I don't really get to make that final decision except to say I'll work for that little or not.

second, I'm telling you how the game is played, not that I agree with the rules. Thats what I mean by 'sucks, doesn't it'. I know that you've noticed it but every study or report out there is skewed to big business. The poverty line is a joke yet its validated by our government representatives, including your precious democrats.

Our unemployment insurance was originally designed to assist workers that were displaced due to the downsizing or closing of iindustries that were proven unprofittable, illegal, bankrupt or were otherwise forced to close or downsize due to no fault of their employees. Times have changed. Now ALL AMERICANS are expected to pitch in and assist those that have lost their gigs due to an international move that is counter-productive to our economy and certainly detrimental to the workers that have been displaced due to that move.

Once again, I don't expect many of the reich-wing indoctrination to be able to intelligently discuss any of this. But that's what an education might get you, ain't it?

Forum List

Back