We need to decentralize our military.

I officially nominate the OP's post for stupidest post of 2010. I have a feeling it will be tough to top the OP.

He could have said that each county in the United States should have their own military.

That would be even more stupiderer.

That would not make any sense because counties are not independent political bodies. They exist because of the state but the federal government exist because of the constitution which was created by the states. If you don't believe me then dissolve the constitution and ask what right the federal government would have to exists.

It wouldn't have any becuase the constitution creates the federal government and without it it would not have any legal power whatsoever.

I don't think it is since that it is stated in the constitution that the federal government shall provide a navy. Who do you think was suppose to provide everything else?

"Everything else" costs money. Or did you think the "military fairy" was going to magically produce these things for the states?

They obviosly produced a good enough military to fight a bloody civil war between the states. A war the rivaled wars fought in Europe.

How'd that war turn out again?

Nothing in there about a single federal army.

There is a reason why the always called it a war between the states.

No shit. It's because the war pitted NORTHERN states against SOUTHERN states....get it?

I get it but how can a state fight a war if it has no army? And if northern army was completely composed of a federal army (one that does not belong to the northern states) then how the hell was the south allowed to have their own army that was ready to fight?

Which is as stupid as calling it the War of Northern Agression.

But, tell us truthfully. You're a DU plant here to make Righties look stupid, aren't you?

If you are interested in something that is looking stupid try looking at a mirror then you will be looking stupid right in the eye.

No shit. It's because the war pitted NORTHERN states against SOUTHERN states....get it?

I get it but how can a state fight a war if it has no army? And if northern army was completely composed of a federal army (one that does not belong to the northern states) then how the hell was the south allowed to have their own army that was ready to fight?

They weren't "allowed". The south seceded from the United States of America. Am I going to have to school you on EVERYTHING about the Civil War?

That would not make any sense because counties are not independent political bodies. They exist because of the state but the federal government exist because of the constitution which was created by the states. If you don't believe me then dissolve the constitution and ask what right the federal government would have to exists.

It wouldn't have any becuase the constitution creates the federal government and without it it would not have any legal power whatsoever.
Oh my. This is going to get all theological.

Really I'm against anything that could give Arizonians the idea they can go to war with Coloradians, or New Mexicans the idea they can invade Mexico on their own. Folks divide themselves too easily.

Wars need declared in Congress. If it doesn't seem like a good idea to the country on the whole after a bit of debate then we don't need to get into the war. Even a couple in the past we "shouldn't" have been in.

Forum List

Back