we need to allow military members to carry firearms on bases & at recruiting centers

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
our current policies leave our military members and their families defenseless on their own bases. they can be sitting ducks for one crazy person with a machine gun.

Trump tells a story of 5 tough guys who didn't have a gun and a guy came in and killed them all. "he wouldn't have stood a chance if they had guns!"

Politicians are good at one thing, getting people killed.

our current policies leave our military members and their families defenseless on their own bases. they can be sitting ducks for one crazy person with a machine gun.

Trump tells a story of 5 tough guys who didn't have a gun and a guy came in and killed them all. "he wouldn't have stood a chance if they had guns!"

Yeah, because US military personnel are exemplary....

The US military has lowered the requirements for mental health in new recruits

Army lifts ban on waivers for recruits with history of some mental health issues

"
Army lifts ban on waivers for recruits with history of some mental health issues"

Then you have the problem of soldiers being sent to war zones and coming back fucked up.

Study: Rates of many mental disorders much higher in soldiers - CNN

"Study: Rates of many mental disorders much higher in soldiers than in civilians"

"According to a Harvard Medical School professor, "The rate of major depression is five times as high among soldiers as civilians, intermittent explosive disorder six times as high, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) nearly 15 times as high.""

And you want these people walking around with guns?

Army lifts ban on waivers for recruits with history of some mental health issues

"
Army lifts ban on waivers for recruits with history of some mental health issues"

Then you have the problem of soldiers being sent to war zones and coming back fucked up.

"Study: Rates of many mental disorders much higher in soldiers than in civilians"

"According to a Harvard Medical School professor, "The rate of major depression is five times as high among soldiers as civilians, intermittent explosive disorder six times as high, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) nearly 15 times as high.""

"And you want these people walking around with guns? "

Isn't that what we pay them to do?

"

No, generally you pay them to be cannon fodder for large multi-national companies.

They do their fighting ABROAD... it makes the populace happier when those being killed are Iraqis or Afghanis and not Americans civilians.

Apparently the Bush administration or the Obama administration disarmed the Military Police (MP's) before the jihad major Hasan opened fire on his own Troops at Ft. Hood so they had to call 9-11 while the carnage was going on. Can't we even arm MP's on military bases?

Apparently the Bush administration or the Obama administration disarmed the Military Police (MP's) before the jihad major Hasan opened fire on his own Troops at Ft. Hood so they had to call 9-11 while the carnage was going on. Can't we even arm MP's on military bases?

Like the SPs, the MPs ARE armed. What makes you think they aren't. If they are duty, they are armed.

..they shouldn't have their own weapons.....they should be and are issued to guards on duty
..these are really kids just out of high school
...they live in very close quarters--especially on ship--making these young males very volatile
...lots of ''bullying''/etc
..they usually go the the EClubs/bars after duty and get drunk--as soon as they get off duty
..we would start drinking at around 9 am and drink all day and night
...we had ''many'' problems of fights/incidents/etc....between USMC and USMC/Navy
..one time I heard some crap in the passageway and came out to see WTF was going on
...I was standing at a door talking to a 'pissed off 'bootcamper'' and this other Marine comes swinging a knife......
...the Marine inside had a bat and said no one better get near him
...when I was in South America most of us did not have rounds.....some of the non-coms did....I didn't feel safe so one of my buddies ''stole'' some rounds and gave them to me
...we had our weapons on ship and one night they kicked me out of a bar in South America..I was pissed and said I was going to get my pistol.....I didn't have rounds then--luckily.....I don't think I would've done anything though
...I agree there should be more armed guards around the barracks/etc ...maybe there are now
...the bases are guarded and a patrolled .....they have guards at the entrances and should have auxiliary/reaction teams
...sure--when on exercises/training/etc they can be, should be and are armed/etc...
..we had 1 armed guard and armed SOG at every barracks 24/7 if I recall correctly
plus the OOD

funny ---one time in the morning some Navy came over to our barracks...we guarded the base...they said ''we need firepower''...we asked why? they said there was a warthog running loose in base housing! hahahahahah
..we had M1911A1s and nightsticks....we usually handled everything with the sticks
...that wasn't our duty we told them

Last edited:

"

No, generally you pay them to be cannon fodder for large multi-national companies.

They do their fighting ABROAD... it makes the populace happier when those being killed are Iraqis or Afghanis and not Americans civilians.

Stop with the worn-out idiotic taking-points and Bush-era World Trade Center protest rhetoric already. Geez dude, 2002 called. They want their taglines back.

"

Stop with the worn-out idiotic taking-points and Bush-era World Trade Center protest rhetoric already. Geez dude, 2002 called. They want their taglines back.

Ah, the "I can't fight back with my argument, so I'm going to be like 'stop with the worn out arguments'"

You're boring me.

"

Ah, the "I can't fight back with my argument, so I'm going to be like 'stop with the worn out arguments'"

You're boring me.

Come on dude. Do you have any idea how worn out your talking points are?

"Bush lied, people died"?

"No More oil for blood"?

"There were no weapons of mass destruction"?

"Endless war"?

This is 2018, mang. The World Trade Organization protests are ancient history. So is the "Occupy Wall Street" movement.

"

You're boring me.

"No More oil for blood"?

"Endless war"?

This is 2018, mang. The World Trade Organization protests are ancient history. So is the "Occupy Wall Street" movement.

You can't respond to my post in a proper manner, so just scuttle off of do whatever boring nonsense it is you do on this forum and leave me alone, until you feel the time is right to actually talk properly about things.

You're boring me.

"No More oil for blood"?

"Endless war"?

You can't respond to my post in a proper manner, so just scuttle off of do whatever boring nonsense it is you do on this forum and leave me alone, until you feel the time is right to actually talk properly about things.

Whatever post you made is meaningless and bereft of any significant value. So go 'eff yourself with a rusty AIDS-infected garden weasel.

You're boring me.

"No More oil for blood"?

"Endless war"?

Whatever post you made is meaningless and bereft of any significant value. So go 'eff yourself with a rusty AIDS-infected garden weasel.

What's the point?

Ignore list. Bye!

..they shouldn't have their own weapons.....they should be and are issued to guards on duty
...they live in very close quarters--especially on ship--making these young males very volatile
..they usually go the the EClubs/bars after duty and get drunk--as soon as they get off duty
...we had ''many'' problems of fights/incidents/etc....between USMC and USMC/Navy
..one time I heard some crap in the passageway and came out to see WTF was going on
...I was standing at a door talking to a 'pissed off 'bootcamper'' and this other Marine comes swinging a knife......
...when I was in South America most of us did not have rounds.....some of the non-coms did....I didn't feel safe so one of my buddies ''stole'' some rounds and gave them to me
...we had our weapons on ship and one night they kicked me out of a bar in South America..I was pissed and said I was going to get my pistol.....I didn't have rounds then--luckily.....I don't think I would've done anything though
...I agree there should be more armed guards around the barracks/etc ...maybe there are now
...the bases are guarded and a patrolled .....they have guards at the entrances and should have auxiliary/reaction teams
...sure--when on exercises/training/etc they can be, should be and are armed/etc...
..we had 1 armed guard and armed SOG at every barracks 24/7 if I recall correctly
plus the OOD

funny ---one time in the morning some Navy came over to our barracks...we guarded the base...they said ''we need firepower''...we asked why? they said there was a warthog running loose in base housing! hahahahahah
..we had M1911A1s and nightsticks....we usually handled everything with the sticks
^^^^^^
THIS...
Marines should only be given bullets on duty, when there is a possibility that they may fulfill their lot in life, killing.
Off duty, they should be caged, and given their favorite snack, crayons, as they are a danger to all.
As career Air Force I can personally attest to the savagery and general mental instability of the Moron Corp. Thank God the United States has the proud men and women of the blue. God Bless the United States Air Force.
One Two Ready Sing! Off we gooo in to the wild blue yonder!.....

"

Only in combat situations the rest of the time no....

Where did you get this idea? MPs have always been armed as far back as I can remember. Fort Hood has a civilian police department in addition to MPs.

plus the OOD

^^^^^^
THIS...
Marines should only be given bullets on duty, when there is a possibility that they may fulfill their lot in life, killing.
Off duty, they should be caged, and given their favorite snack, crayons, as they are a danger to all.
As career Air Force I can personally attest to the savagery and general mental instability of the Moron Corp. Thank God the United States has the proud men and women of the blue. God Bless the United States Air Force.

...flying low into the snow!

Have you performed your daily maintenance on your chair?

plus the OOD

^^^^^^
THIS...

...flying low into the snow!

Have you performed your daily maintenance on your chair?
Rog that sir, all chair ops checks good IAW AFI 32-6004

Forum List

Back