we need to allow military members to carry firearms on bases & at recruiting centers

Discussion in 'Military' started by basquebromance, Mar 8, 2018.

1. basquebromance

basquebromance Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,522
    our current policies leave our military members and their families defenseless on their own bases. they can be sitting ducks for one crazy person with a machine gun.

Trump tells a story of 5 tough guys who didn't have a gun and a guy came in and killed them all. "he wouldn't have stood a chance if they had guns!"

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. miketx

miketx Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62,473
    Politicians are good at one thing, getting people killed.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,479
    Yeah, because US military personnel are exemplary....

The US military has lowered the requirements for mental health in new recruits

Army lifts ban on waivers for recruits with history of some mental health issues

"
    Army lifts ban on waivers for recruits with history of some mental health issues"

Then you have the problem of soldiers being sent to war zones and coming back fucked up.

Study: Rates of many mental disorders much higher in soldiers - CNN

"Study: Rates of many mental disorders much higher in soldiers than in civilians"

"According to a Harvard Medical School professor, "The rate of major depression is five times as high among soldiers as civilians, intermittent explosive disorder six times as high, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) nearly 15 times as high.""

And you want these people walking around with guns?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. JGalt

JGalt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,843
    "And you want these people walking around with guns? "

Isn't that what we pay them to do?

• Winner Winner x 4
  5. frigidweirdo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,479
    No, generally you pay them to be cannon fodder for large multi-national companies.

They do their fighting ABROAD... it makes the populace happier when those being killed are Iraqis or Afghanis and not Americans civilians.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. whitehall

whitehall Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,986
    Apparently the Bush administration or the Obama administration disarmed the Military Police (MP's) before the jihad major Hasan opened fire on his own Troops at Ft. Hood so they had to call 9-11 while the carnage was going on. Can't we even arm MP's on military bases?

7. Daryl Hunt

Daryl Hunt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,574
    Like the SPs, the MPs ARE armed. What makes you think they aren't. If they are duty, they are armed.

8. harmonica

harmonica Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,182
    ..they shouldn't have their own weapons.....they should be and are issued to guards on duty
    ..these are really kids just out of high school
    ...they live in very close quarters--especially on ship--making these young males very volatile
    ...lots of ''bullying''/etc
    ..they usually go the the EClubs/bars after duty and get drunk--as soon as they get off duty
    ..we would start drinking at around 9 am and drink all day and night
    ...we had ''many'' problems of fights/incidents/etc....between USMC and USMC/Navy
    ..one time I heard some crap in the passageway and came out to see WTF was going on
    ...I was standing at a door talking to a 'pissed off 'bootcamper'' and this other Marine comes swinging a knife......
    ...the Marine inside had a bat and said no one better get near him
    ...when I was in South America most of us did not have rounds.....some of the non-coms did....I didn't feel safe so one of my buddies ''stole'' some rounds and gave them to me
    ...we had our weapons on ship and one night they kicked me out of a bar in South America..I was pissed and said I was going to get my pistol.....I didn't have rounds then--luckily.....I don't think I would've done anything though
    ...I agree there should be more armed guards around the barracks/etc ...maybe there are now
    ...the bases are guarded and a patrolled .....they have guards at the entrances and should have auxiliary/reaction teams
    ...sure--when on exercises/training/etc they can be, should be and are armed/etc...
    ..we had 1 armed guard and armed SOG at every barracks 24/7 if I recall correctly
    plus the OOD

funny ---one time in the morning some Navy came over to our barracks...we guarded the base...they said ''we need firepower''...we asked why? they said there was a warthog running loose in base housing! hahahahahah
    ..we had M1911A1s and nightsticks....we usually handled everything with the sticks
    ...that wasn't our duty we told them

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  9. JGalt

JGalt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,843
    Stop with the worn-out idiotic taking-points and Bush-era World Trade Center protest rhetoric already. Geez dude, 2002 called. They want their taglines back.

10. frigidweirdo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,479
    Ah, the "I can't fight back with my argument, so I'm going to be like 'stop with the worn out arguments'"

You're boring me.