We need new leadership in the Presidency.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
We need an apolitical leader in the Oval Office. Obama needs to be impeached and replaced with a non politician. Obviously impeachment will not work. I have been speaking across the nation that if it continues to get worse, that we start a grass roots movement to amend the Constitution to remove a sitting President via amendment and replace him with a non politician.

I would favor somebody who was in the Military, was demonstrated to be highly intelligent and who was an infrequent voter. Somebody like Eisenhower would do nicely. He was so apolitical that he did not even know what party nomination he would choose if nominated, but eventually settled on the Republicans.

When in office he remained mostly apolitical and even warned against the growth and power of the Military Industrial Complex before he left office. As most everybody knows, the Republicans have always been in bed with the MIC. Most Democrats, too.

Do we have another Eisenhower out there?

The next republican in office needs to not do a Fulgencio Batista and highlight the terrifying parts of capitalism so much 50 years of communism looks good.

We start a grass roots movement to amend the Constitution to remove a sitting President via amendment and replace him with a non politician.
Won't happen. He's more likely to be assassinated than impeached/removed.

Do we have another Eisenhower out there?
We need someone, non-partisan, who has experience re-building ruined countries. Someone with a proven track record. Where could we find such a person?

petraeus_1231.jpg

If General Petraeus runs, I'll volunteer for his campaign in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
To be honest Eagle, if I were him, I'd rather be dealing with the problems of Afghanistan than in Washington.

That's why, sadly, I doubt he'll run...he knows enough to avoid DC.

I would possibly vote for him. Depends what he runs on for a platform though overall. He'd make a strong military leader sure, but being the President is not just about the military.

That's why, sadly, I doubt he'll run...he knows enough to avoid DC.

I would possibly vote for him. Depends what he runs on for a platform though overall. He'd make a strong military leader sure, but being the President is not just about the military.
True...but I don't see any other leader on the horizon with his credentials. How do you compete with "I turned Iraq from a disaster into a relative success, both militarily and economically, enabling the troops to come home"?

True...but I don't see any other leader on the horizon with his credentials. How do you compete with "I turned Iraq from a disaster into a relative success, both militarily and economically, enabling the troops to come home"?

$sarah-palin-shorts4.jpg

:rofl:

Last edited:

Impressive statement! BUT I will remind everybody that military solutions are fleeting. Once the remaining police force of American troops are pulled out of Iraq, the country will collapse into chaos within one year (more than likely within half a year). There is no cultural tradition of respecting democracy in that land, and it will take a quarter of a century to build that culture..

The situation was the same in Germany after WWI. There was no cultural tradition for working within a democracy, but they tried. Political expression quite often was effected and affected with violence in the streets. Eventually the global economic malaise brought a realization to that (democratically culturally deprived) people that only strong leadership and rule (Like the Kaiser did) could work. They chose Hitler for that task, and he did a damn good job initially. He was not the long term solution, though. Alas, they could not return to Democracy. Fortunately after the war, there were enough people who understood their mistakes that they were willing to work together to make democracy work in the west.

Iraq needs time, and the American people are losing patience. For Iraq to remain a democracy they need to have additional troops in place to take the position of the American when we bug out.

Forum List

Back