We need more guys like Pawlenty...

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
(WCCO) Gov. Tim Pawlenty sank an animal rights group's request Tuesday.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals asked Pawlenty to declare walleye off-limits for fishing.

PETA said a recent study showed fish are smart and feel pain.

In a written statement, Pawlenty said, "The PETA 'Fish Empathy Project' is nutty and misses the mark."

Pawlenty said PETA displayed "goofy judgment" and that fishing was not, as PETA claimed, the same as hooking a dog or cat through the mouth with a large hook and dragging it behind your car.

"Minnesota cares for its natural resources and fishing is part of our way of life," Pawlenty said.

He concluded saying, "Because of the letter, I am going out for a walleye dinner tonight."

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_215013706.html

stupid stupid stupid
i cant believe the size of the nuts on these people!
outlaw walleye fishing? there we go, how about i hold my breath until that one happens?

Karl Rove won't be inviting this guy to the White House any time soon. And God bless him for it! He's invited to the Joyce home.

Johnney said:
stupid stupid stupid
i cant believe the size of the nuts on these people!
outlaw walleye fishing? there we go, how about i hold my breath until that one happens?

agreed!
I can't believe they have the balls to suggest to the Governor of the land of 10,000+ lakes, where the boat-to-population ratio is 1-6, meaning one of 6 people here, owns a boat or some type of watercraft, to OUTLAW FISHING! These people are seriously smoking pot or something that is altering their common sense. Did they honestly think he would take them seriously??

Pawlenty is a BIG fisherman, spending lots of his vacation time at his northern lakehome.

They wer'e saying the same up here in Alaska, about the salmon. They were told where to go. :banned:

Forum List

Back