We need legislation

CSM

Jul 7, 2004
Northeast US
Texas Teen Held in Deadly Sword Attack

1 hour, 22 minutes ago Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

HOUSTON - Police said a teenager used a 2-foot-sword to kill his neighbor during an argument, then struck the man's elderly mother before her relatives could seize the weapon.

Jose Alberto Martinez, 18, was charged with murder and aggravated assault in the death of Gabriel Flores, 42. He was jailed Friday in lieu of $40,000 bail, investigators said.

Sheriffs Sgt. James Parker said Martinez brought the sword from his home at a trailer park to show it to Flores. The two were drinking together when the argument started, and Martinez allegedly stabbed Flores several times before striking Flores' mother, Parker said.

The woman's name was not released. She was hospitalized in good condition Thursday, officials said.

Obviously a case of too much AD&D mixed with booze. Why is the guy giving a kid with a sword alcohol in the first place?

CSM said:
Ummm...that was just sarcasm. A very obtuse jab at gun control. Sorry about that.

Dammit, you spoiled my fun. I was all set to make some smartass comment about sword control legislation. But now there's no point.

Poop.

:2guns:

Merlin1047 said:
Dammit, you spoiled my fun. I was all set to make some smartass comment about sword control legislation. But now there's no point.

Poop.

:2guns:

Well, you could have posted about the negative effects of satanic games such as AD&D....but nope, you missed that too.

-=d=- said:

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. Some years back a few teenagers went off their rockers and killed themselves or some of their pals (separate incidents) with swords, etc. There was some speculation that too much game playing, especially role playing games like Dungeons and Dragons were to blame. Essentially the argument was that such role playing caused the lines between reality and fantasy to become blurred and the poor teens couldn't discern the difference. At one point, some religious figures also condemned the game as the work of the devil.

-=d=- said:
ahh..I used to play D&D - wasn't 'satanic'; just mythological.

According to a few evangelical groups D&D is evil because it involves Magic. As is Harry Potter. Oddly enough they have yet to answer me in whether CS Lewis is evil for involving magic in his Chronicles of Narnia books.

According to a few evangelical groups D&D is evil because it involves Magic. As is Harry Potter. Oddly enough they have yet to answer me in whether CS Lewis is evil for involving magic in his Chronicles of Narnia books.

Bingo.

It's about 'religion' and 'Christianity' - they aren't hand-in-hand.

-=d=- said:
Bingo.

It's about 'religion' and 'Christianity' - they aren't hand-in-hand.

Still have no idea what the heck a game has to do with either but oh well.

Forum List

Back