We need about 500,00 troops to stabilize Iraq - Who's up for a Draft?

so this was a war of choice...

So.....what was Kosovo....???
What was Clinton bombing Iraq??

Oh wait....I know your anwser.....

Apples and Oranges...:eusa_doh:

Kosovo was a NATO action to prevent civil war from spilling over the borders of the former Yugoslavia. American did not unilaterally decide to invade a sovereign nation and occupy its soil as was done in Iraq. But don't let facts stand in your way.

Kosovo was a NATO action to prevent civil war from spilling over the borders of the former Yugoslavia. American did not unilaterally decide to invade a sovereign nation and occupy its soil as was done in Iraq. But don't let facts stand in your way.

And that makes it different how? The US was part of a military force that invaded and bombed the hell out of sovereign nation. Putting the "NATO" stamp on it doesn't mean shit.

If you want to play that, the US did not unilaterally invade Iraq. We just didn't have the rubber stamp from the wannabe one world order.

And that makes it different how? The US was part of a military force that invaded and bombed the hell out of sovereign nation. Putting the "NATO" stamp on it doesn't mean shit.

If you want to play that, the US did not unilaterally invade Iraq. We just didn't have the rubber stamp from the wannabe one world order.

true true.....but the one that smells cigars did not get UN approval either..........

somalia he just went and kidnapped the leader.....don't recall UN or congressional approval of that either....

so this was a war of choice...

So.....what was Kosovo....???
What was Clinton bombing Iraq??

Oh wait....I know your anwser.....

Apples and Oranges...:eusa_doh:

first...we are talking about the draft. no one was suggesting that the relatively small numbers of combat troops being used in Kosovo would require a draft to maintain. So yes...apples and oranges.

second...comparing a few airstrikes targeted at radar installations that were shining on our CAP aircraft when we never lost ONE plane or ONE pilot to a massive ground invasion/conquest/ occupation of Iraq that has lasted four plus years, where we have lost nearly 4K men and wounded 26K more, and flushed a half a trillion dollars down the shitter....Yeah, that is apples and oranges. To say otherwise requires massive doses of koolaid.

first...we are talking about the draft. no one was suggesting that the relatively small numbers of combat troops being used in Kosovo would require a draft to maintain. So yes...apples and oranges.

second...comparing a few airstrikes targeted at radar installations that were shining on our CAP aircraft when we never lost ONE plane or ONE pilot to a massive ground invasion/conquest/ occupation of Iraq that has lasted four plus years, where we have lost nearly 4K men and wounded 26K more, and flushed a half a trillion dollars down the shitter....Yeah, that is apples and oranges. To say otherwise requires massive doses of koolaid.

4 thousand men in four years and we need a draft?!

4 thousand men in four years and we need a draft?!

I suppose if you ignorantly look at a draft as merely replacing the numbers of bodies coming hom in boxes, your question would have some merit.

In fact, many experts have suggested that our military is strained to the breaking point by the rapid turnarounds, multiple tours, no downtime, lower quality recruits... and that a draft may indeed be necessary to maintain this optempo.

I suppose if you ignorantly look at a draft as merely replacing the numbers of bodies coming hom in boxes, your question would have some merit.

In fact, many experts have suggested that our military is strained to the breaking point by the rapid turnarounds, multiple tours, no downtime, lower quality recruits... and that a draft may indeed be necessary to maintain this optempo.

so we need a draft to send more troops to iraq.......to kill more civilians and get the oil.....

thank god hillary will soon be president and this will all be over....

i can't wait for the french to like us again....i love their wine

Rather then a draft, ask maineman or any other spittle driveling Liberal thats calling for the draft if they will authorize the money to raise the all Volunteer force to the level they claim is needed?

You see the politics of demanding a draft have NOTHING to do with actually HAVING one or raising the size of our military. It is ALL about scaring middle America into protesting the war. The Liberals are ashamed they can not get a decent protest going anywhere and remember that the Draft in the 60's caused all kind of unrest.

Now of course this will require first that the Liberals actually come up with a plan and state HOW MANY and what kind of new military forces they want. It will require they find funding for the proposal and pay for the equipment and material. It will require investment in NEW training facilities and a change in requirments of who meets the requirements.

Notice closely NONE of the people demanding a draft or suggesting it ACTUALLY have a single plan for ANY of that. Why? because they do not plan to actually have a draft. It is a political game to scare up support for the anti war crowd.

so we need a draft to send more troops to iraq.......to kill more civilians and get the oil.....

thank god hillary will soon be president and this will all be over....

i can't wait for the french to like us again....i love their wine

and you want me to try to get YOU to respect ME? When you have nothing but toss off silliness to offer? :rofl:

you really as a worthless as a bucket of warm spit.

Rather then a draft, ask maineman or any other spittle driveling Liberal thats calling for the draft if they will authorize the money to raise the all Volunteer force to the level they claim is needed?

You see the politics of demanding a draft have NOTHING to do with actually HAVING one or raising the size of our military. It is ALL about scaring middle America into protesting the war. The Liberals are ashamed they can not get a decent protest going anywhere and remember that the Draft in the 60's caused all kind of unrest.

Now of course this will require first that the Liberals actually come up with a plan and state HOW MANY and what kind of new military forces they want. It will require they find funding for the proposal and pay for the equipment and material. It will require investment in NEW training facilities and a change in requirments of who meets the requirements.

Notice closely NONE of the people demanding a draft or suggesting it ACTUALLY have a single plan for ANY of that. Why? because they do not plan to actually have a draft. It is a political game to scare up support for the anti war crowd.

no way.....liberals would never lie to us.....they care about us....they want to take stuff from mean people like you and give it to nice people like me.....

you are such a hater dude....

tell the cowardly little fuck that if he wants to ask me a question, he should have the fucking cojones to ask me himself.

There's no way you're going to increase the size of the army three fold, or so, just by bribing people to go fight in your war with bigger signing bonuses. What do you suggest? $200 k signing bonuses? There's only a limited pool of people who will voluntarily fight in your war - we have certainly seen that college republicans, and chickenhawk message board posters won't go fight in a war they started.

The only realistic solution is a draft - if this is really a fight for our very survival - a clash of civilizations - as you and Bush claim, the only fair thing to do is to share sacrifice equally...and put half a million soldiers in iraq.

and you want me to try to get YOU to respect ME? When you have nothing but toss off silliness to offer? :rofl:

you really as a worthless as a bucket of warm spit.

you sure have an odd way of making friends....but i know you are smart because you are a liberal and all ya'll are smart cuz ya told us you were in those you tube clips after that moron bush stole the second election in a row from all ya'll.......

so i decided i need to find me some smart liberals to gain trust so i can respect their opinions an become one....so i can be smart and liked and condescending like you....

There's no way you're going to increase the size of the army three fold, or so, just by bribing people to go fight in your war with bigger signing bonuses. What do you suggest? $200 k signing bonuses? There's only a limited pool of people who will voluntarily fight in your war - we have certainly seen that college republicans, and chickenhawk message board posters won't go fight in a war they started.

The only realistic solution is a draft - if this is really a fight for our very survival - a clash of civilizations - as you and Bush claim, the only fair thing to do is to share sacrifice equally...and put half a million soldiers in iraq.

In other words you don't know and are actually hoping for a protest by claiming we will have a draft.

Whether we draft or enlist, the training facilities, the equipment, the force structures, the material, the logistics and the draft levels or recruitment goals all have to exsist and will be nearly identical. Get back to me when ANY democrat actually provides a PLAN for any of that, FUNDING for any of that.

In other words you don't know and are actually hoping for a protest by claiming we will have a draft.

Whether we draft or enlist, the training facilities, the equipment, the force structures, the material, the logistics and the draft levels or recruitment goals all have to exsist and will be nearly identical. Get back to me when ANY democrat actually provides a PLAN for any of that, FUNDING for any of that.

I've never heard one single credible military expert claim we could get the army large enough, to put half a million soldiers in Iraq by offering higher signing bonuses and bigger salaries. It would take a draft to do that.

If you really thought your war was worth it, you would support a draft, because our experience in Bosnia and in Kosovo (when we had a competent president) showed that we need a ratio of about 23 soldiers for every 1000 iraqis.

But, I suspect your support for this war is skin deep. You don't really think we're in a clash of civilizations, or in the fight of our generation. It appears you think that this war, slogans, talking points, and mission accomplished carrier landings, are all political props to promote the republican party.

In wars of old, we didn't do troop rotations. You left and didn't come back until the job was done. They are lucky to be coming home at all. Downtime... Do you think the men of WWII got much 'downtime'. They stayed in the fight until the job was done.

Speaking of drafts... What war had more draftees by 3 to 1, Vietnam or WWII?

I agree... I think that the right desperately wants to get one or two more young, hard right justices on the supreme court and then they will begin to vigorously dismantle all that society has built up in the last century. They just need to pull the wool over America's eyes for one more election cycle and they will have accomplished their goal.

In wars of old, we didn't do troop rotations. You left and didn't come back until the job was done. They are lucky to be coming home at all. Downtime... Do you think the men of WWII got much 'downtime'. They stayed in the fight until the job was done.

Speaking of drafts... What war had more draftees by 3 to 1, Vietnam or WWII?

here is a newsflash for ya:

the men of WWII WERE draftees! THEY didn't have a choice.

Forum List

Back