We need a MEDIA category?

Wow ... I missed that ... someone thinks the media is where politics happen? LOL ... seriously, have so many Americans forgotten how to think for themselves?
Silly kitten….from where do you get current political information and discussion if you don’t get it through the media?

From their own personal blogs, histories as posted in the government websites, and even their own speeches .... as for what the media itself says about them ... I couldn't care less.

Don't tell me you actually believe what reporters say all the time, much less think they care about facts.

Well, Well. The real truth comes out. In your OPINION Limbaugh is a nobody in the political world. So that is reason enough to shut him out of the POLITICS category….

Whatever happened to the First Amendment here?

I pray for my country.

Okay ... so the ONLY member of the media is Rush? You are so duplicitous.

Hell I’ve been here long enough to sometimes wonder about you Gunny. How can you even separate the media from politics? The "media" out there is what produces all the news, the editorials, and the political commentary. The media is where POLITICS takes place….where you see and hear and read POLITICS. Gee... why don't we send ALL the media reports over into the MEDIA category?

The thread I started about Rush and Obama under POLITICS had over 200 responses. I believe it was popular because it related to the cutting edge of POLITICAL discussion between liberals and conservatives…not because people wanted to talk about Rush per se (unless to denigrate him) as a media personality... which is what you seem to have extrapolated from it. Obama and Limbaugh were butting heads about POLITICAL ideas. It was a clash about POLITICS between the right and the left. It was a discussion on the cutting edge of POLITICS. It was a discussion central and very meaningful down to the very core of POLITICAL discussion of today. But oh well….now whenever the name “Limbaugh” comes up under politics….let’s whoosh it over to the backwaters of MEDIA discussion. Frankly, this kind of parsing is too close to the liberal tactics of isolating and obfuscating, of divide and conquer in order to eliminate the opposition from the main stage.

BTW….Obama is talked about a whole lot….why don’t we have a category just for PRESIDENTS”? Then anytime Obama’s name comes up in a thread we can whoosh it over into his own special category?

You think Rush is on the cutting edge of something more than media sensationalism? Dude, please.

I'm not separating anything. What part of that don't you get? Rush is not the media. Rush is not politics. Rush is not this subforum title. The media is. I'm getting a MUCH better picture of your complaint though.

You believe Rush is somehow as important to politics as the politics and politicians themselves. Wrong. It isn't that I am marginalizing him ... it's that I don't see him as anything more than what he is. He's a media personality who relies on devisiveness and sensationalism to get people on both sides of the aisle pissed off at each other and keep them there.

YOU might call that politics. I call it what's WRONG with politics.
Well, Well. The real truth comes out. In your OPINION Limbaugh is a nobody in the political world. So that is reason enough to shut him out of the POLITICS category….

I pray for my country.

Is everything in your world this extreme? Or is just Rush? Or is this little carrying on of your just your imitation of Rush?

You have completely taken this subforum out of context with its intent. It isn't to marginalize anyone. It's to discuss the media. Again, your boy is NOT "the media." He is ONE political commentator.

However, the "truth hasn't come out." Where've YOU been? Media commentators like Rush are shit-stirrers. While there is usually a grain of truth to his commentary, his histrionics, sensationalism and embellishment totally clouds anything he has to say because he's acting like a buffoon. I've never considered him anything more than a semi-comedy act.

The most dangerous part about him is he gets people like YOU to believe his hype. People like YOU just provide ammo for the leftwingnuts and their rants.

To respond directly to your comment, Rush holds NO official, political position.

And your whine about freedom of speech is rather shrill, and as obvious as daylight. More freedom of speech exists on this board now than at anytime in the past. Categorizing topics for ease of user browsing is NOT stepping on your freedom of speech at all.

I am finished arguing with you about it. This subforum stays for the time being at least. If you don't like it, don't post in it.

You think Rush is on the cutting edge of something more than media sensationalism? Dude, please.

I'm not separating anything. What part of that don't you get? Rush is not the media. Rush is not politics. Rush is not this subforum title. The media is. I'm getting a MUCH better picture of your complaint though.

You believe Rush is somehow as important to politics as the politics and politicians themselves. Wrong. It isn't that I am marginalizing him ... it's that I don't see him as anything more than what he is. He's a media personality who relies on devisiveness and sensationalism to get people on both sides of the aisle pissed off at each other and keep them there.

YOU might call that politics. I call it what's WRONG with politics.

I pray for my country.

Is everything in your world this extreme? Or is just Rush? Or is this little carrying on of your just your imitation of Rush?

You have completely taken this subforum out of context with its intent. It isn't to marginalize anyone. It's to discuss the media. Again, your boy is NOT "the media." He is ONE political commentator.

However, the "truth hasn't come out." Where've YOU been? Media commentators like Rush are shit-stirrers. While there is usually a grain of truth to his commentary, his histrionics, sensationalism and embellishment totally clouds anything he has to say because he's acting like a buffoon. I've never considered him anything more than a semi-comedy act.

The most dangerous part about him is he gets people like YOU to believe his hype. People like YOU just provide ammo for the leftwingnuts and their rants.

To respond directly to your comment, Rush holds NO official, political position.

And your whine about freedom of speech is rather shrill, and as obvious as daylight. More freedom of speech exists on this board now than at anytime in the past. Categorizing topics for ease of user browsing is NOT stepping on your freedom of speech at all.

I am finished arguing with you about it. This subforum stays for the time being at least. If you don't like it, don't post in it.

I have no problem with you establishing a MEDIA forum. The 4th Estate is a good subject and needs talking about. And hey if you want to give talk radio its own forum….even better!! :lol:

What I strongly object to is taking a thread that is dealing with a very current and pertinent news topic related to POLITICS (both Rush and Obama) and relegating it to a secondary thread just because Limbaugh was named. When a thread about Buffet & Obama popped up under POLITICS you didn’t remove it….even though Buffet is not a politician anymore than Limbaugh is. This shows a defininte bias. I think both the Limbaugh and the Buffet threads should have been left in the POLITICS category because both were hot topics pertinent and meaningful to current POLITICS.

New Topics

Forum List

Back