We Need A Carbon Tax

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
If we are serious about not having to rely on massive foreign imports to supply our energy then we need to sacrifice now. I know most Conservatives would rather ship all our wealthy to the middle east but we need to stand up to the anti-American elements. Sure Conservatives will score political points pushing a secret pro-middle east policyt to shear us of our wealth, sap our strength and make foreign nations stronger at our expense, but someone has to do something.

It's time to put politics aside and do this

We don't need a carbon tax, we don't need any more new tax programs, we need the will of the people and we are close to having it, at this point, without the carbon tax....

imho.

care

We don't need a carbon tax, we don't need any more new tax programs, we need the will of the people and we are close to having it, at this point, without the carbon tax....

imho.

care

I agree. The tax certainly is not necessary or desirable.

I agree. The tax certainly is not necessary or desirable.

It would help us. Gees, we use to have an America where people would sacrifice for the greater good, those days are gone. The tax cutters want everything and want to pay nothing

It would help us. Gees, we use to have an America where people would sacrifice for the greater good, those days are gone. The tax cutters want everything and want to pay nothing

In the current economy it would do a lot more harm than good.

If we are serious about not having to rely on massive foreign imports to supply our energy then we need to sacrifice now. I know most Conservatives would rather ship all our wealthy to the middle east but we need to stand up to the anti-American elements. Sure Conservatives will score political points pushing a secret pro-middle east policyt to shear us of our wealth, sap our strength and make foreign nations stronger at our expense, but someone has to do something.

How do you plan to measure a person's "carbon footprint" so they can be taxed accurately.

Yes, more government's making more money off of fake science. And the Green Industry expands yet again.

Government and government coporate connections. They are damned and determined to scare us into this one

So let me get this straight - a government needs to find new ways to tax us so they invent this junk science that we're completely destroying the planet. Meanwhile, it was warmer 1000 years ago than it is today. The polar caps were melted and so on. Where is the evidence that the wooden boats they sailed on caused global warming back then?

So let me get this straight - a government needs to find new ways to tax us so they invent this junk science that we're completely destroying the planet. Meanwhile, it was warmer 1000 years ago than it is today. The polar caps were melted and so on. Where is the evidence that the wooden boats they sailed on caused global warming back then?

Someone needs a cause-----saving the human race from the evils of what man has wrought seems to be the latest.

It's not worth it in the long-term either.

Oh sure, the oil will just last forever! I'd rather make a msall sacrifice now--something Conservatioves would never do, make a scarifice--and have our country lead the world in alternative technology. Why are Conservatives such myopic and selfish people?

Yup, the appologists for our energy dependence will make stupid aruments just like that.

Get out of the way!

No, it's called logic, we exhale CARBON-dioxide. As a matter of fact the with the population level we currently have we do exhale more than our machines produce for any carbon based substance. Then you have to also realize that our bodies are made up of quite a bit to, so then they could tax you for the amount you release when dead, and they'd better do it before you die.

Really, I don't think either side has much of a clue, one is looking to cure symptoms instead of actual problems and the other just doesn't care at all.

Oh sure, the oil will just last forever! I'd rather make a msall sacrifice now--something Conservatioves would never do, make a scarifice--and have our country lead the world in alternative technology. Why are Conservatives such myopic and selfish people?

Don't be an idiot--go for alternatives--just don't claim your going to save the planet.

Sure, we can just keep drilling forever!

No wonder Conservatives are an endangered species

The thing that makes you REALLY funny, I know, and even the enviro-nuts know this, oil is limited. The opponents deny it, but the enviro-nuts just keep pushing them to stop using it. A smart person says: fine, use it all up and see if I care. It's your ass not mine when you have to start walking to work everyday.

Don't be an idiot--go for alternatives--just don't claim your going to save the planet.

I never claimed we were saving the planet, but now that you bring it up, when the world starts once again to grow economically and millions and millions of more people--hell, it will reach a billion at some point--are lifted out of poverty there will be severe strains on all resources, energy especially, so we better find a new way to make it or else

Forum List

Back