We must restore constitutional government

We are not going back to 1789.
Absent time travel, how could we possibly go back to 1789?
You continue to babble. Do you have anything of worth to offer?

What was the point of your statement: "We are not going back to 1789"?
You know exactly what is my point, you simply don't like it. You have demonstrated repeatedly in the last few weeks you do not understand the Constitution, how American law develops, and the role of SCOTUS. That is not my problem to fix for you.

“We must restore constitutional government”

Such is the ignorant nonsense of the TPM and others on the ridiculous right.

The United States is currently functioning under Constitutional government, nothing needs to be ‘restored’ – the notion is moronic, baseless idiocy.

The Federal government is functioning as intended by the Founding Generation: a Constitutional Republic whose citizens are subject solely to the rule of law, not men – as men are incapable of ruling justly.

A Federal government afforded by the Constitution powers both expressed and implied (McCulloch v. Maryland (1819)).

A Federal government whose laws are supreme, where the Supreme Court determines what the Constitution means, as authorized by the doctrine of Judicial Review and Articles III and VI of the Constitution, and where rulings by the Supreme Court become the law of the land, binding on the states and local jurisdictions, who have no ‘right’ to ‘nullify’ or ‘ignore’ Federal law or the rulings of Federal courts (Cooper v. Aaron (1958)).

That conservatives, libertarians, and members of the TPM disagree with Supreme Court decisions because those rulings might conflict with errant, wrongheaded conservative dogma is of no consequence and devoid of merit.

Implied powers...to excecute whatever is relevant to express powers.

End of discussion.

The liberterian idea of constitutional government is a government that is powerless to do the will of the people and does only shit that they want. Liberterians and far right conservatives are a bunch of fascist assholes. Simply meaning that they think by the people means that the government should be so limited that the people shouldn't be able to elect a government that does more then sit on its dick.

Such a statement is beyond stupid.

The Constitution established a government that had all it needed to carry out express powers.

The Constitution was written because the Articles of Confederation failed.

The liberterian idea of constitutional government is a government that is powerless to do the will of the people and does only shit that they want. Liberterians and far right conservatives are a bunch of fascist assholes. Simply meaning that they think by the people means that the government should be so limited that the people shouldn't be able to elect a government that does more then sit on its dick.

Such a statement is beyond stupid.

The Constitution established a government that had all it needed to carry out express powers.

The Constitution was written because the Articles of Confederation failed.
Yes, the Constitution was written because the Articles were too weak, and the comment on express powers does not reflect the reality of interpreting the Constitution.

We can't get anywhere in today's world because the liberals refuse to have an honest conversation or obey the law. They know exactly what the U.S. Constitution says. But they don't like it. Fine. Then lets have that conversation, convince people you are correct, and then get the votes to amend the Constitution.

Like everything else, the left is too lazy to go through the process of amending the Constitution. So there tactic is to pretend like the can't read. Which doesn't make their case at all. If you're too dumb to understand what the U.S. Constitution says, it doesn't inspire me to follow you on policy.

You are wrong, Rottweiler. Because we disagree is not ipso facto that you are right. You are not.

You are wrong, Rottweiler. Because we disagree is not ipso facto that you are right. You are not.
"You are wrong" - wow. What a post of deep value. No explanation for what is wrong. No attempt to deny the claims backed by fact after fact after fact.

I know I'm right when I can back up everything I've said with thorough documentation and the left comes back with generic, senseless stuff like "you are wrong". If you can't dispute it with something of substance, then it's obviously right.

"You are wrong" - wow. What a post of deep value. No explanation for what is wrong. No attempt to deny the claims backed by fact after fact after fact.

I know I'm right when I can back up everything I've said with thorough documentation and the left comes back with generic, senseless stuff like "you are wrong". If you can't dispute it with something of substance, then it's obviously right.
You have not backed up anything with concrete, solid evidence.

Your arguments are just spoiled and rotten.

Do better.

You have not backed up anything with concrete, solid evidence.

Your arguments are just spoiled and rotten.

Do better.
Really? So you deny that the NSA is performing illegal surveillance on all American's? Really? Because you were crying like a little bitch about the Patriot Act when Bush signed it. What were you crying about if that's not going on? Oops....

This is how evil liberalism is... Hillary Clinton in a secret audio recording talking about how she plans to eliminate the 2nd Amendment:

I gather your world view, Rott, makes you angry about government, etc.

However, you are not the authority; SCOTUS is.

Forum List

Back