We Must Cut The Corporate Tax Rate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by auditor0007, Jan 10, 2012.

1. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    Over Two-Thirds Of Corporations Pay No Federal Corporate Income Tax

Over Two-Thirds Of Corporations Pay No Federal Corporate Income Tax

I wonder where all that money is going. With actual tax rates that low, you would think every business in the world would be moving to the US, because they don't get away with not paying taxes throughout the rest of the world. And we wonder why revenue is down so much, lol. Everywhere we look, taxes have been cut to the lowest levels since before the Great Depression, and look what it has done to us.

2. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    We Must Cut The Corporate Tax Rate

Here!...Here!

Ya...and bank tellers must give bank robbers more money so they will stop robbing banks!

:clap: :clap:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    1. Cut the corp tax rate.

2. Eliminate all tax breaks, loopholes, subsidies, deductions.

3. Allow income earned offshore to be brought back untaxed.

4. Makes CEOs and CFOs accountable for their tax statements; throw their asses in jail and fine the company twice the amount of taxes they didn't pay, plus interest. Al Capone got thrown in jail for tax evasion; we oughta do the same to everyone who cheats on their taxes.

4. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,802
    There's a lot of good ideas out there, too bad that any tax reform that does not further shift the tax burden downward will never be passed, especially by the republicans.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Wiseacre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194

Well then, I guess it's too bad the dems didn't reform the tax code to their liking when they had the chance. Didn't have the courage to act on their convictions I guess.

Unfortunately, I'm not too sure the repubs will do the same, or at least try to, if they win the WH and the Senate.

6. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
  7. Wiseacre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    C'mon, this isn't a partisan issue, this is both sides doing their utmost to favor the big-monied corps in their districts for political campaign donations. There was a vote back in 2011 to reduce or eliminated the corn subsidies; all of the the pols from both sides of the aisle voted against it if they are from the corn belt states. And it's the same with every other subsidized or favored industry.

You don't think Obama is favoring the wind and solar companies and hammering oil and coal? You realize how much money we're pissing away on those alternative energy companies that are not economically viable? Let's get real here, until everybody takes a haircut it won't get done. And right now it appears the president wants to pick winners and losers according to his political agenda.

8. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,227
    1. If we agree to this plan now but later find that we need to raise revenue, sometimes taxes go up. Rather than throwing it on the citizens or the debt, will you ever agree to future tax increases or did you sign that Grover Norquist pledge that the GOP signed? That isn't reasonable. And what is the percent that corporations pay on average? Do we even know? Is it 20%? Romney only pays 12% and we pay 35%. What do corporations pay?

What I fear is that we are swallowing the premise that corporations shouldn't pay any taxes at all. But your way would I'm sure assign them a percent. I'm just curious what percent that is and would it work? So far all the GOP's tax policies would add to the debt. Would yours? And forget about killing social security and medicare. Those programs stay. Non starters.

I love #2 and 3.

4. Those CEO's aren't breaking any laws. And they won't if we impliment your number 2

9. Wiseacre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194

Remember when Clinton raised taxes in 1993? The economy didn't care, took off anyway and we ended up with more revenue. So, I'm okay with a tax increase, I just don't wanna do it now, I want to wait until the economy is a lot stronger. And that's for both individual and corp tax rates.

You do know that ObamaCare is already going to raise tax rates, right?

PS: I don't pay too much attention to Norquist.

10. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Australia is doing pretty good and has a flat 20% corporate tax rate.