We Must Choose Between Our Babies And Affordable Energy: The New War On Coal

This 3% figure you still sling about doesn't jive with..

Actually, the 3% figure is assum=ing we take all the bulbs produced each year and dump them fully in a landfill with no recycling, and no efforts to contain or minimize breakage or contamination. All of the mercury used in CFLs, worldwide, is only 3% of the mercury released by coal-fired power plants each year.

OK.......Ive been on this forum for two years and have seen lots and lots of bass ackwards threads........but this one clearly gets the nod for "STUPIDEST THREAD OF THE YEAR" award!!! LOL.....and its not even a regular environmental nutter either!!!

Like most far lefties.........most have zero ability to comprehend what people refer to as acceptance of necessary tradeoffs. And this here thread is in the realm of beyond fantasy land......especially now that the lid has been blown off the green energy stimulus scam.

s0n......pick up a newspaper one of these days or better yet.......scan the internet for about 2 mintues. Crap and Fraud is dead......and thank God for the sake of my kids. Only the nutters on the far left think its a good idea to slam the middle class with a doubling of their electrical bills. Of course, most of these assholes dont own anything except debt and maybe a decent basement apartment with some gay-ass pet. Too....do they care if 2.3 million people are put out of a job due to carbon fines and the attempt to close our coal industry? Of fcukking course they dont........too busy watching re-runs of Puff the Magic Dragon and American Idol while they sip their latte.

Fact is........the escalator up is in clean energy coal and smart investors are ready to make hay when the bozo's are kicked out in 15 months and the Varsity returned to its rightful throne. Green energy stimulus BS will be permanently placed in a museum, propped up in a big glass case like a relic of a former era. Write it down because it is the future............as will be domestic and offshore drilling.

And I'll still be laughing my balls off...............:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::fu:

Indeed......it is all about the tea leaves and nothing about the temperatures.

Coal = winning

Future of "Clean Coal" Power Tied to (Uncertain) Success of Carbon Capture and Storage: Scientific American

tip_ny_0205_02-1.jpg

Obviously you only read the title and not the original post, so I don't know whether to laugh with you our laugh at you. You made some interesting points but insulting this thread was were you screwed up. You basically said you agree with me but that this thread is the most stupid thread all year. A real head scratcher.

Last edited:
I'm sure there are oodles of examples of clinical mercury poisoning. Especially from consumption of tainted fish and seafood. You are at the top of food chain. You can't afford to be the ultimate collector of heavy metals..

Almost all mercury in fish comes from natural sources, which are many orders of magnitude larger than man made sources. The ocean is full of mercury. The stuff we add amounts to spitting in it.

Wrong.

Forum List

Back