we men are wussies, compared to this chick.

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/04/06/health.caesarean.reut/

Woman performs own caesarean to save baby

(Reuters) -- A pregnant woman in Mexico gave birth to a healthy baby boy after performing a caesarean section on herself with a kitchen knife, doctors said on Tuesday.

It is thought to be the first known case of a self-inflicted caesarean in which both the mother and baby survived.

The unidentified 40-year-old, who lived in a rural area without electricity, running water or sanitation that was an eight-hour drive from the nearest hospital, performed the operation when she could not deliver the baby naturally.

She had lost a previous baby due to labor complications.

"She took three small glasses of hard liquor and, using a kitchen knife, sliced her abdomen in three attempts...and delivered a male infant that breathed immediately and cried," said Dr R.F. Valle, of the Dr Manuel Velasco Suarez Hospital in San Pablo, Mexico.

Valle recounted the event in a report in the International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics.

Before losing consciousness the woman told one of her children to call a local nurse for help. After the nurse stitched the wound with a sewing needle and cotton thread, the mother and baby were transferred and treated by Valle and his colleagues at the nearest hospital.

"This case represents an unusual and extraordinary decision by a woman in labour who, unable to deliver herself spontaneously, and with no medical help or resources, decided to perform a caesarean section upon herself," Valle said.

He added that a mother's instinct to save her child can move a woman to perform extraordinary acts but said it would not have been necessary if adequate medical care had been available.

I heard this on the radio yesterday, it is amazing. It's true though, Mother's seem to do what it takes for their children.

Yes DK, I would say men can be wussies - face it, even a simple cold and men seem to not be able to handle that as good as a woman! :D

While it is quite amazing and good, notice the spin:

He added that a mother's instinct to save her child can move a woman to perform extraordinary acts but said it would not have been necessary if adequate medical care had been available.

Most people think a doctor or nurse MUST be there. They forget a couple hundred years ago this wasn't the case.

In the overwhelming majority of the cases, natural childbirth succeeds without any intervention from doctors whatsoever. Today, we are supposed to depend on the medical establishment.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
This wasn't natural childbirth. she performed her own C section.

I know, that is why I tried to make the distinction of "MOST".

My comment shows its relevancy to the exact topic to be equal and opposite to their spin at the end.

-It really isn't needed, and is not adressing the issue directly. :)

well I wouldn't go THAT far

I would. Ive seen you when youre sick. and then there is me......
I can keep going with tubes sticking out of me - a cold keeps you (and every other man) pitifully moaning and in bed

:poke: :banana:

you should :bow3: me.

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
I can keep going with tubes sticking out of me - a cold keeps you (and every other man) pitifully moaning and in bed

I get the same words from MY wife. You wives really DO know each other and have a conspiracy against us.

pppffftttttt

YOU'RE dismissed :p:

oh HELL no!!!!

ppppfffffffftttttt has ALWAYS been mine.

and dismissed - well, I stole that from Jim and then once adam said it, Jim said his legacy was complete.

sooooo that would mean, dear husband, that those words and the actions and meanings behind them are mine. therefore, it has absolutely NO validity when you use them. :p:

PPPPPPFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

DISMISSED!

I want a dancing banana that says dismissed. who can make one? :clap1:

Wow, that's one tough mom. If that was my mom, I'd be sending her after the bullies.

"Dude, get off me or I'll go get my mom."
"Huh, your mom. Are you and your dad so much of a wus that you have to get your mom to fight for you?"
"No, I can leg press 400 lbs. and my dad can bench 150, but my mom performed her own c-section when I was born."
"HOLY !@#$, RUN!"

On a side note, I must first point out that it take a lot of sick to keep me in bed (I'm a guy). I was cooking for myself before my surgury anesthesia had fully worn off, though I did have to put a chair by the stove, since the anesthesia slowed circulation and I got dizzy when standing up for long. Also, all you women who say that I'll never know the meaning of pain because child birth is soooooooo agonizing, tell me, have you ever gotten yourself caught in a zipper or had your reproductive organs directly assaulted by a baseball? I didn't think so.

Hobbit - OWWWWWWWWWWWWW

One question......however.....

You KNOW that your private business is behind that zipper......right? how the HELL can you zip it up in the zipper then?

Hell, if my bra had a zipper, you can be DAMN sure that Id heft that bad boy up CAREFULLY so as not to catch anything important within it.

:cof:

just razzin ya anyway.

BTW, I meant to tell you the other day when I first saw your quote - I love it LOL :D

:cof:

Oh hell yeah!!! a simple wittle sniffle and whine whine whine, meanwhile, we go to work with colds, flu like symptoms, you name it - called "grin and bare it"!!! but, the guys, time to call in sick! boo hoo!

Forum List

Back