We know how to stop school shootings

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
In the wake of a monstrous crime like a madman’s mass murder of defenseless women and children at the Newtown, Conn., elementary school, the nation’s attention is riveted on what could have been done to prevent such a massacre.

Luckily, some years ago, two famed economists, William Landes at the University of Chicago and John Lott at Yale, conducted a massive study of multiple-victim public shootings in the United States between 1977 and 1995 to see how various legal changes affected their frequency and death toll.

Landes and Lott examined many of the very policies being proposed right now in response to the Connecticut massacre: waiting periods and background checks for guns, the death penalty and increased penalties for committing a crime with a gun.

None of these policies had any effect on the frequency of, or carnage from, multiple-victim shootings. (I note that they did not look at reforming our lax mental health laws, presumably because the ACLU is working to keep dangerous nuts on the street in all 50 states.)

Only one public policy has ever been shown to reduce the death rate from such crimes: concealed-carry laws.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANN COULTER: We know how to stop school shootings | The Daily Caller

Please only post first few lines or a paragraph of a copied article to meet with board copyright policy. Thanks. Newby

Last edited by a moderator:
Just about makes you cum in your pants to think that, maybe, just maybe, that it could be YOU in the situation to shoot that bad guy dead. Dream on. Don't forget, when you leave the house, arm youself well. The bad guys are looking for you.

Are you paranoid? Or just delusional?

• Banned
Just about makes you cum in your pants to think that, maybe, just maybe, that it could be YOU in the situation to shoot that bad guy dead. Dream on. Don't forget, when you leave the house, arm youself well. The bad guys are looking for you.

Are you always a douche? Don't worry zekey about me being in that position. You worry about yourself. Ever in the military zekester?

Last edited:
Ah yes, the society that you fruitloops dream of for us. Everybody packs all the time. Allways watch your back, be ready to quick draw at the sight of a stranger. A five year old is a bit slow and gets blown away, "Oh well, Darwin, you know".

You are sick fucks, and I and most Americans completely reject you vision for our nation.

There will be gun laws now.

Are you always a douche? Don't worry zekey about me being in that position. You worry about yourself. Ever in the military zekester?

I was.

And frankly, I wouldn't want to walk down the street where everyone was packing, either.

That's just a great way for a bad situation to escalate into something worse very quickly.

• Banned
Ah yes, the society that you fruitloops dream of for us. Everybody packs all the time. Allways watch your back, be ready to quick draw at the sight of a stranger. A five year old is a bit slow and gets blown away, "Oh well, Darwin, you know".

You are sick fucks, and I and most Americans completely reject you vision for our nation.

There will be gun laws now.[/QUOTE]

Just like there were laws before. How did that work out for you? :confused:

• Banned

I was.

And frankly, I wouldn't want to walk down the street where everyone was packing, either.

That's just a great way for a bad situation to escalate into something worse very quickly.

Or a potentially bad situation stopped in it's tracks.

Bullshit. More restrictions on fireworks than guns.

• Banned

Bullshit. More restrictions on fireworks than guns.

Try again...

Common Gunsense A blog to advocate for sensible gun legislation: Your ID please

So there were 2 deaths from fireworks in 2009 and 8800 injuries in the U.S. I remind my readers that firearms take the lives of 30,000 Americans every year ( including 8 children a day) and another 70,000 injuries costing the country billions of dollars. And yet, I needed to produce my driver's license to buy 2 boxes of "Pop Its" today! There is widespread recognition that fireworks and firecrackers can be and are dangerous. Guns? Not so much. I should say that most people understand the dangers of guns but the NRA and its' minions won't allow any common sense laws to pass to prevent deaths and injuries. I also remind my readers that private sellers of firearms are supposed to ask for a driver's license but many do not. In hidden camera video after hidden camera video, we have the proof that many people buy guns without producing one piece of identification. Here is just one of the latest exposés about how easy it is to buy guns, no questions asked. It's easier to buy a gun than it is to buy fireworks. And fireworks cause a very small number of deaths and injuries to Americans in a given year. Where is common sense?

Common Gunsense A blog to advocate for sensible gun legislation: Your ID please

So there were 2 deaths from fireworks in 2009 and 8800 injuries in the U.S. I remind my readers that firearms take the lives of 30,000 Americans every year ( including 8 children a day) and another 70,000 injuries costing the country billions of dollars. And yet, I needed to produce my driver's license to buy 2 boxes of "Pop Its" today! There is widespread recognition that fireworks and firecrackers can be and are dangerous. Guns? Not so much. I should say that most people understand the dangers of guns but the NRA and its' minions won't allow any common sense laws to pass to prevent deaths and injuries. I also remind my readers that private sellers of firearms are supposed to ask for a driver's license but many do not. In hidden camera video after hidden camera video, we have the proof that many people buy guns without producing one piece of identification. Here is just one of the latest exposés about how easy it is to buy guns, no questions asked. It's easier to buy a gun than it is to buy fireworks. And fireworks cause a very small number of deaths and injuries to Americans in a given year. Where is common sense?

What do you want, Peebles? Do you even know yourself? I can only speak for myself. Where am I saying there should be no rules, no screenings, no backround checks and that everyone and anyone should own an assault weapon?

When you find a post with me saying that, let me know.

Why is it that when i was in high school you could drive on to campus with a loaded shotgun or rifle in your window gun rack?
I would say what we have now is a social problem.
And who is responsible for filling our kids heads with a false sense of importance and an ego the size of Texas? Hmmmmmm...............

1. Everyone that owns an assault weopon has to have the same license as for a fully automatic weopon. And, if caught outside of the home with that weopon, without a license, the weopon is confiscated and destroyed, the person goes to jail, and has a felony count on their record.

If you sell or give such a weopon to someone who does not have a license, it is a felony.

You have to have said license before you purchase such a weopon, and there is at least a month's waiting period before you take possession of the weopon.

2. You store your guns, of any kind, irresponsibly, and someone takes them and commits a crime with them, you own that crime.

Why is it that when i was in high school you could drive on to campus with a loaded shotgun or rifle in your window gun rack?
And who is responsible for filling our kids heads with a false sense of importance and an ego the size of Texas? Hmmmmmm...............

The older ones among us are now reaping what we sowed...or should I say raised.

Look in the mirror, buster. Parents have their children for most of the time they are growing up.

1. Everyone that owns an assault weopon has to have the same license as for a fully automatic weopon. And, if caught outside of the home with that weopon, without a license, the weopon is confiscated and destroyed, the person goes to jail, and has a felony count on their record.

If you sell or give such a weopon to someone who does not have a license, it is a felony.

You have to have said license before you purchase such a weopon, and there is at least a month's waiting period before you take possession of the weopon.

2. You store your guns, of any kind, irresponsibly, and someone takes them and commits a crime with them, you own that crime.[/QUOTE]

So what do you do with the responsible gun owener woi indeed did lock his or her guns up but whose house is broken into? Are they responsible for crimes committed with those guns?

Look in the mirror, buster. Parents have their children for most of the time they are growing up.

Do they? Indoctrination in schools is just imaginary, right? The teachers are not mostly Libs and leftwingers, right?

You got it. Once again it's the liberals and their filthy, godless agenda in schools that's the problem. They're the ones running the schools, they're the ones responsible for turning out these monsters, so naturally they're going to try and blame something else. They always do. libroids NEVER, EVER, EVER admit wrong doing. They're fucking PERFECT, and know EVERYTHING. Didn't you know that?

There will be no more gun laws. The majority of Americans are against it. The libtard wet dream of an unarmed America totally at the mercy of a tyrannical government just isn't going to happen.

Forum List

Back