We Have Our Men and Women Involved in SIX Global Conflicts....

Warrior102

Gold Member
May 22, 2011
Sorry SEVEN -and the Liberals want to cut Defense???

"The political left is pressing the White House and Congress to inflict a wave of Pentagon budget cuts not seen since the post-Cold War 1990s.

Liberals are citing the debt crisis and troop drawdowns from Iraq and Afghanistan to argue that now is the time for the Defense Department to shed people, missions and weapons after a decade of doubling arms spending after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks."

Liberals see opportunity for big cuts in defense - Washington Times

Current global conflicts involving U.S. troops -

1. War in Afghanistan or Operation Enduring Freedom - Afghanistan Campaign, October 7, 2001 - ongoing

2. Insurgency in the Philippines or Operation Enduring Freedom – Philippines, January 15, 2002 - ongoing

3. War in Somalia or Operation Enduring Freedom – Horn of Africa, October 7, 2002 – ongoing

4. Iraq War or Operation Iraqi Freedom or Iraq Campaign, March 20, 2003 – ongoing

5. War in North-West Pakistan or Waziristan War, 2004 - ongoing

6. Operation Enduring Freedom – Trans Sahara, February 6, 2007 - ongoing

7. Yemeni al-Qaeda crackdown, January 14, 2010 - ongoing

This 20+ year veteran DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS !

We have tens of thousands of men and women in harm's way.

Last edited:
we do not have Armies of occupation in all areas you mentioned. Many are surgical strikes with drones and missles.

"The political left is pressing the White House and Congress to inflict a wave of Pentagon budget cuts not seen since the post-Cold War 1990s.

Liberals are citing the debt crisis and troop drawdowns from Iraq and Afghanistan to argue that now is the time for the Defense Department to shed people, missions and weapons after a decade of doubling arms spending after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks."

1. War in Afghanistan or Operation Enduring Freedom - Afghanistan Campaign, October 7, 2001 - ongoing

2. Insurgency in the Philippines or Operation Enduring Freedom – Philippines, January 15, 2002 - ongoing

3. War in Somalia or Operation Enduring Freedom – Horn of Africa, October 7, 2002 – ongoing

4. Iraq War or Operation Iraqi Freedom or Iraq Campaign, March 20, 2003 – ongoing

This veteran only served six years, three of those years in harms way, and I am with you 100%.

we do not have Armies of occupation in all areas you mentioned. Many are surgical strikes with drones and missles.

We are currently involved with each of the campaigns I listed -

you think we're launching drones in the Phillippines from Kansas?

And Barney Frank and company want to cut defense?

I am sure this news is a tremendous morale booster. Reminds me of the Carter and Clinton years. God, did we loathe those guys for what they did to us in uniform.

You can cut defense without putting anyone in danger

Kindly shut up. You are perhaps the biggest idiot on the Internet.

Great way to defend your historically failed ideas.

Name calling erases all facts in the minds of cons

Historically failed ideas?

Compare military morale, pay, hardware, pride during the Carter years, vs. the Reagan years.

I lived it.

You need help penciling out your fantasy?

I'm sure there is no excessive waste in the pentagon or anything...Nothing should be exempt from cuts including the military. Everything needs some trimming. Or get the troops out. Pull them out cold turkey.. let whoever takeover whoever. We cant afford all this nonsense.

Compare military morale, pay, hardware, pride during the Carter years, vs. the Reagan years.

I lived it.

I know vets who served as much time as you claim who do not agree with your historically failed ideas.

I'm sure there is no excessive waste in the pentagon or anything...Nothing should be exempt from cuts including the military. Everything needs some trimming. Or get the troops out. Pull them out cold turkey.. let whoever takeover whoever. We cant afford all this nonsense.

Hell, there's always waste on "shore duty."

Fed jobs too.

I was at U.S. DOT today - 10,000 idiots in neckties sitting, doing nothing in the cafeteria.

Cut that - not what's on the front line.

And how about a freaking RAISE for our men and women in uniform, vs. "Cuts?"

I lived it.

I know vets who served as much time as you claim who do not agree with your historically failed ideas.

Then they're just as dumb as you. I can see why they're in your inner-circle of stupidity.

I lived it.

Compare the deficits.

Reagan's escalation of the Cold War, without raising taxes to pay for it, was the first time in the 20th century we didn't raise taxes to pay for a war.

And guess what? that debt is still on the books.

So let's bring most of them home. We are not the world's policeman. Can't you see that China is allowing us to waste our treasure in these hopeless messes so they can just walk in when we bankrupt ourselves.

Forum List

Back