We Have No Original Thoughts

So, we'll just do "Lord of the Rings" again, 'kay?

(Billy shakes his head ruefully ...)

Amazon's proposed 'Lord of the Rings' prequel could cost more than all three movies
Are they going to dive into the Silmarillion or what?
They missed a lot of what was best in the books with the movies, which only focused on the Quest and the action parts. I suppose being movies, that makes sense. But it didn't do The Lord of the Rings justice. I'm not spending $99 per month to find out, that's for sure. I'll just reread the trilogy. But you guys let me know what happens.

I agree that the movies didn’t do the books justice but really, what’s the average attention span for people these days? The movies would have had to be 4-5 hours long.

Despite everything, I thought that they were all great. Some of the greatest of all time, imo.
I'm not so into the war/action stuff, but I gotta admit, the battle scene in front of Gondor with the elephants was GREAT.

The movies were great. The books better. The next one will be terrible with political messages. They did it to the hobbit with a female elf warrior. Look for Frodo to be revealed as a tranny.

I've seen it said that a 4th Toy Story will be released next year.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I guess that when films are good enough, they get continued.

Check the numbers so far this year. The movie industry is a business for most who are out to make a profit. It also is an industry that allows for the greatest creativity to be expressed even though it may not generate large financial returns.

But there is no surprise on why studios keep turning out superhero movies. Check out Black Panther. The $600 million is domestic only. Worldwide it has grossed almost $1.2 billion.The superhero genre is most likely to play to a worldwide audience as far as popularity.

2018 Yearly Box Office Results - Box Office Mojo

So, we'll just do "Lord of the Rings" again, 'kay?

(Billy shakes his head ruefully ...)

Amazon's proposed 'Lord of the Rings' prequel could cost more than all three movies
Are they going to dive into the Silmarillion or what?
They missed a lot of what was best in the books with the movies, which only focused on the Quest and the action parts. I suppose being movies, that makes sense. But it didn't do The Lord of the Rings justice. I'm not spending $99 per month to find out, that's for sure. I'll just reread the trilogy. But you guys let me know what happens.
99 a month?....

Forum List

Back