We have a drive-in theater now

Ours closed about a dozen years ago. It was much cheaper than the OP's one but they mostly showed older movies---usually a last year's release with a many years ago release. They were good fun in the summer.

Someone tried to build a new one here last year in COVID. I actively opposed it. Pretty much everybody did so it got axed by the county zoners. It wasn't the idea of it though. They just picked the world's worst location to try to build it--along the edge of an upper middle class neighborhood between a blind hill and one of the intersections that already has a disproportionately high car crash fatality rate.

It's five minutes away. Maybe ten. It's the only one in the state.

Adults: $10.00 per person
Children $6.00 per person
Senior $6.00 per person
Military $6.00 per person
Under 4 Free

Every Wednesday night is "$30 Per Carload" Night. This does not include complimentary snacks.

Cool, I live in MD about 25 min from Bear

It's five minutes away. Maybe ten. It's the only one in the state.

Adults: $10.00 per person
Children $6.00 per person
Senior $6.00 per person
Military $6.00 per person
Under 4 Free

Every Wednesday night is "$30 Per Carload" Night. This does not include complimentary snacks.

I hope your residents support it so it stays around. Really had some good times over the years at the old drive in. I miss them . Enjoy.it while ya can that's some good ole fashioned Americana there.

You can get the same experience in your backyard.
This inflatable 22 ft screen costs $200
All you need is a projector and you can project anything on Netflix, Disney, Hulu or pay per view

1629818065683.jpeg

We had the Thunderbird drive in theater in Houston when I was a kid.
It was built in 65 and demolished in 76. It was located on Clay Rd near Cambell rd.
It used to be out in the boonies and now there's a Safeway warehouse and some business parks where it sat.
There's nothing but low rent apartment complexes in all those fields surrounding it now.
There's been a resurgence of them lately but I'd rather sit at the house and watch movies so I can pause it whenever I want.
1629841518740.png

1629841331735.png

I hope your residents support it so it stays around. Really had some good times over the years at the old drive in. I miss them . Enjoy.it while ya can that's some good ole fashioned Americana there.

To be honest, I'm not very confident that it will be very long-lived. At some point it'll become a gathering point for the bad elements in the area. The yalready raise hell in the parking lots of all of the local busineses whe nthe sun goes down. During th day time there's a lot of shady activity in the same lots.

The state has two distinct cultures. The upper part of the state is more urbanized and prone to violence.

The lower part being more peaceful and conservative.

I'm right on the line, basically.

I avoid the northern part as best I can.

The drive-in is about ten minutes from what has historically been known as one of the most violent small cities in America. Real bad element. That whole area is just infested.

I won't be going to it myself. But I do like the idea. I think the new owners would have done better to have sought out a property, in a more pleasant, rural area, though.

To be honest, I'm not very confident that it will be very long-lived. At some point it'll become a gathering point for the bad elements in the area. The yalready raise hell in the parking lots of all of the local busineses whe nthe sun goes down. During th day time there's a lot of shady activity in the same lots.

The state has two distinct cultures. The upper part of the state is more urbanized and prone to violence.

The lower part being more peaceful and conservative.

I'm right on the line, basically.

I avoid the northern part as best I can.

The drive-in is about ten minutes from what has historically been known as one of the most violent small cities in America. Real bad element. That whole area is just infested.

I won't be going to it myself. But I do like the idea. I think the new owners would have done better to have sought out a property, in a more pleasant, rural area, though.
The thing is constructed out of a bunch of shipping containers
It could be moved to another location in an afternoon

The thing is constructed out of a bunch of shipping containers
It could be moved to another location in an afternoon

Yeah. But they're still kind of stuck with the property.

I dunno, maybe they can keep it family oriented.

If they can keep the young males in the area from coming in and setting up camp they might be alright.

Forum List

Back