We don't want your race hustlers...

Nate

Gold Member
May 7, 2010
Sooner State
THE Rev. Jesse Jackson came to Oklahoma City 17 years ago this month to express solidarity with black victims of the federal building bombing. Fortunately, we were spared the presence of the Rev. Al Sharpton.
Tulsa won't be so fortunate. Jackson and Sharpton will descend on Tulsa just as (and because) the national media has descended on Tulsa following the Good Friday killings that appear to be racially motivated. And just as they descended on Florida weeks after Trayvon Martin was gunned down by a man whose motives are unclear.

Read more: Circus accompanying Revs. Jackson, Sharpton is last thing Tulsa needs | NewsOK.com

There goes the neighborhood. The cops did their job and the suspects will have their day in court. Sharpton and Jackson just need to move along...

Someone wake me when these two race stooges start giving a shit about the black on black murder raging throughout a significant portion of the black community.

120 dead so far this year (1.3 per day ave.) in Chicago, Jesse and Barry's backyard, and the vast, vast, vast majority are black men killed by other black men. So spare me the outrage when occasionally a white person kills a black person and instead pay attention to what's going on right outside your doors.

120 dead so far this year (1.3 per day ave.) in Chicago, Jesse and Barry's backyard, and the vast, vast, vast majority are black men killed by other black men. So spare me the outrage when occasionally a white person kills a black person and instead pay attention to what's going on right outside your doors.

The race peddlers (from all races, to be honest) only have legitimacy when they can point to high profile cases that appear to support the claim that things are really bad, racially speaking, in this country.

In point of fact, they have probably never been better---in our entire history.

However, the problems of many inner city black communities (such as certain neighborhoods in Chicago) are entrenched, complex, and difficult to solve.

It's easier to blame whitey.

This crap is getting easier to sell, additionally, because we as a country are becoming more segregated...not just racially, but politically, economically, and religiously:

http://www.projectcensored.org/top-...re-segregated-today-than-in-the-1950s-source/

I saw a similar article regarding housing/neighborhoods a couple of years ago but didn't have time to search intensely for it.

It is important to say, however, that we segregate into islands of people who look like us, live like us, and think like us, because it's easier. I think we're tribal by nature, and we feel most comfortable with our perceived "tribe."

Where it starts to cause problems is scenarios like the situation with Trayvon Martin.

I deal with the black community and their leadership daily in cities around the U.S. I know who they are and what they want for their neighborhoods, schools, and children. It's easy for me to trust across racial lines because I am there, every day, working.

But, the more distant we become from one another, the easier it is for distrust and fear to creep in.

That's one of my biggest concerns, in fact, about the future of race relations in this country. Similarly, you see it in the political divides between us. We segregate our friendships to people who look like us, share our politics, and share our religious beliefs. That makes it all too easy to villify someone that we don't know, who doesn't look like us, and who doesn't share our beliefs or politics.

Last edited:
George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin b/c he hadn't seen Trayvon before and since there had been break-ins in his neighborhood he wanted to find out who this person he had never seen before was. I believe he followed Trayvon to find out what he was doing in this gated community and how he got inthere, but went about it the wrong way. That's all I can say about it b/c I wasn't thee. But God knows what happened...

Granny says, "He shoulda lissened...
:eusa_shifty:
Trayvon Martin's father says he warned son about stereotypes
14 Apr.`12 - Years before the killing of Trayvon Martin grabbed the nation's attention, the teen's father warned him that his race could make him a target of violence.
The advice Tracy Martin gave his black son, that people veiled by racism and prejudices might see him as suspicious or violent, is a common and continuous warning in many black families, parents and experts say. In the aftermath of Trayvon's death, more families are having "the talk," teaching sons to be aware of their race, avoid confrontations with authority figures, and to remain calm in situations even if their rights are violated. "I've always let him know we as African Americans get stereotyped," Tracy Martin, Trayvon's father told USA TODAY three weeks after his son's death. "I told him that society is cruel."

Trayvon, 17, was shot and killed on Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla., as he was returning to a gated community after buying candy at a nearby store. The gunman, George Zimmerman, whose father is white and mother is Hispanic, now faces a charge of second-degree murder. Trayvon was "profiled" by Zimmerman, who "falsely assumed (Trayvon) was going to commit a crime" as the teen was trying to get back to the home of his father's girlfriend, according to public filings by Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey. The documents portray Zimmerman as the aggressor throughout the incident, remarking to police at one point that people like Trayvon were "punks" causing trouble in his neighborhood.

After spotting Trayvon, Zimmerman called 911, got out of his vehicle, and followed the teen. Zimmerman then "disregarded the police dispatcher" and chased Trayvon as he was trying to return home, the records say. Trayvon's family and their supporters maintain that Zimmerman deemed Trayvon "suspicious" because the teen was black and wearing a hoodie. Zimmerman could face life in prison if convicted. He maintains he shot the youth in self-defense after he was attacked. The killing sparked dozens of rallies across the country, largely fueled by the belief of many that the case is the tip of the iceberg of a glaring problem of racial injustice in the USA. Reggie Bridges, a father of two young black boys, sees the Trayvon Martin case as an example of the type of racial profiling he has warned his sons about for years. "You stand out from the norm," Bridges, of Silver Spring, Md., said he often tells his children. "I try to heighten their awareness of what's going on in the world."

Bridges, 44, an insurance agent, often stresses dressing nicely and speaking articulately to dissuade potential perceptions that his boys are thugs or gangsters, he said. Similar lessons have been passed down since just after the Civil War to ward off danger in an America that has for centuries perceived black men as threats, said Mark Anthony Neal, an African and African-American studies professor at Duke University. "This kind of parenting goes back to the black codes," he said. "It's no different to the talk black parents had with black children, particularly black boys, prior to the civil rights movement, where the threat of real racial violence and lynching was always present. … Ultimately, what you are trying to do is keep them alive."

Source

How so TM? We didn't need any outside assistance. The miscreants were caught and will have their day in court... We didn't need those guys coming in here stirring the pot. Besides Oklahoma isn't big enough for those two. They would have only gotten 10 minutes of fame instead of their customary 15 from the national media...

Sharpton is not a race hustler.

ask the black Americans if they see him that way

Sharpton is not a race hustler.

ask the black Americans if they see him that way

Sure, that's what we'll do..........:lol:

I'm sure there's many blacks that DO see Sharpton as a race hustler....
Not all blacks are idiots like you've made them seem by your comment!
Way to go stoopid! Lol!

Someone wake me when these two race stooges start giving a shit about the black on black murder raging throughout a significant portion of the black community.

As long as it isn't Whites killing Blacks and just Blacks killing Blacks, the Race Baiters won't touch it.

Forum List

Back