We don't need wingtip cowboys: Stop playing politics with Libyan attacks

I find this flapup rather amusing.

Honestly you people act like you think that the POTUS makes every decision done by government.

Do grow up kids.

You country needs you to start using your brains.

THINK!

With all due respect, Ed...you can't excuse Barack Obama from responsibility for something THIS big. This isn't something minor that popped up in an obscure Governmental agency far removed from the President. This goes to the heart of how we are handling an extremely dangerous situation in regards to the so called "Arab Spring". This Administration wanted us to believe that Al Queda was decimated and that Barack Obama's policies were responsible for that. They wanted us to believe that we were better off with those seizing power in countries like Egypt, Libya and possibly Syria then what was there before because Barack Obama's policies supposedly had won over the "hearts and minds". The truth of the matter is that Al Queda appears to be even more dangerous than they were before Osama Bin Laden's death and that public opinion of Arabs towards the United States has seldom been worse than it is now. It's quite apparent that our current Middle East policy has "come off the tracks" and we're in deep trouble there.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Honestly you people act like you think that the POTUS makes every decision done by government.

Do grow up kids.

THINK!

With all due respect, Ed...you can't excuse Barack Obama from responsibility for something THIS big. This isn't something minor that popped up in an obscure Governmental agency far removed from the President. This goes to the heart of how we are handling an extremely dangerous situation in regards to the so called "Arab Spring". This Administration wanted us to believe that Al Queda was decimated and that Barack Obama's policies were responsible for that. They wanted us to believe that we were better off with those seizing power in countries like Egypt, Libya and possibly Syria then what was there before because Barack Obama's policies supposedly had won over the "hearts and minds". The truth of the matter is that Al Queda appears to be even more dangerous than they were before Osama Bin Laden's death and that public opinion of Arabs towards the United States has seldom been worse than it is now. It's quite apparent that our current Middle East policy has "come off the tracks" and we're in deep trouble there.

If they didn't know, it just shows their ineptitude and that's simply unacceptable.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Iraq had nothing to do with the attacks on 9-11. Iraq had no operational ties with al Queda.

Have you been home schooled or are you a product of some school district?

You said invasions, you can't change your tune now.

You're the one who specified Iraq. And President Obama didn't use the Afghan invasion against Mrs. Clinton or McSame.

I used Iraq because you said no one ever made attacks or the invasions a political issue. You were wrong.

Do grow up kids.

THINK!

If they didn't know, it just shows their ineptitude and that's simply unacceptable.

It goes to what has always been an Achilles heel for progressives, Lord. They desperately want to believe that if we're nice to bad people that bad people will be nice to us in return. You've got an old 60's anti-war activist as our Secretary of State in Hilary Clinton...and Hilary, although a very intelligent woman, has this mind set that it is the military that is the "problem" and not just a tool to be used, hence she refused to have a Marine detachment guarding our Ambassador because that sends the "wrong message" to the locals.

I'm sorry but bad people DON'T respond to weakness other than to become more bold.

man up and admit Obama was wrong. Can you imagine the bloody screams that would be happening if this was under bush. Katrina was dogging him to his end days and Obama has gotten away with so much worse that HE personally had control of.

WTF. Something much worse happened under the Bush. Thosands of people were killed in New York City. Did the Democrats try and make politcial points from 9-11. Nope they came together and stood by the President.

Not for very long!
Once the shock was over with, the libs found all kinds of ways to blame Bush.

And no matter WHAT evidence has been proven to the libs, they're STILL blaming Bush (for EVERYTHING). Have any of you EVER blamed Obama for anything, or called him out as a liar on anything? Have you ever done anything but make excuses for him??

It's not going to go away, and nobody is going to stop talking about the Libya attack until we have some truthful answers. Steven's name is going to keep coming up, because he was KILLED there because of our administrations lack of intelligence. Until we find out who's at fault, we are not going to be quiet about it.

Ha ha ha!!!! Clinton News Network!! Good one!
Of course they won't tell the WHOLE story. Only what you weenies want to hear! Lol!

Romney recognized it as a terrorist attack right away! So he was right....THAT's what pisses you off about it...He was right all along and Obama made up stories.

Remember folks, Now they are telling us Obama isn't the blame for this..

BUT he did kill Bin Laden:eusa_whistle:

Yes he did, and Joe Biden and Obama keep repeating it. That constant spiking of the football by these two fools is to a Muslim extremist like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

"We don't need wingtip cowboys. We don't need shoot-from-the-hip diplomacy. And when Mitt Romney first responded to what was going on in Libya, his own party called him out for insensitivity. He has done nothing but politicize this issue, when what we need to do is find out what happened, and do that as Americans, not as Democrats and Republicans."

Read more: Gibbs: Stop playing politics with Libyan attacks - Washington Times Gibbs: Stop playing politics with Libyan attacks - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Bullshit--Romney had every right to speak out on a terrorist attack that killed an Ambassador and 3 other Americans--especially when you see absolute incompetence coming out of the White House. Who in the hell wouldn't order higher security around our embassy's and consulate's in the two newest Muslim hot spots in the middle east--when they knew that these countries were full of Islamic extremists--and especially when more security had been requested by Bengazi. Only a freakin incompetent administration--that is lead by the most inept--moron since Jimmy Carter.

gm11052220110524100559.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You said invasions, you can't change your tune now.

You're the one who specified Iraq. And President Obama didn't use the Afghan invasion against Mrs. Clinton or McSame.

I used Iraq because you said no one ever made attacks or the invasions a political issue. You were wrong.

You are lying. I never said that. That's okay it written down. Let me quote me....

"The invasions and occupations are quite different from the terrorist attacks."

But lying is part and parcel of being a GOPer isn't it?

dont forget all the other titles the president holds, IE chief citizen, chief diplomat, chief executive, chief of state. Im pretty sure he hasnt lived up to these titles.

man up and admit Obama was wrong. Can you imagine the bloody screams that would be happening if this was under bush. Katrina was dogging him to his end days and Obama has gotten away with so much worse that HE personally had control of.

WTF. Something much worse happened under the Bush. Thosands of people were killed in New York City. Did the Democrats try and make politcial points from 9-11. Nope they came together and stood by the President.

Not for very long!
Once the shock was over with, the libs found all kinds of ways to blame Bush.

And no matter WHAT evidence has been proven to the libs, they're STILL blaming Bush (for EVERYTHING). Have any of you EVER blamed Obama for anything, or called him out as a liar on anything? Have you ever done anything but make excuses for him??

Up till Tora Bora. Then the winds began to shift.......

I don't blame Bush for the Drone wars or the blind strikes that the President has supported. I don't like the fact that we target first responders to an initial drone strike either. I think he caved way too early in the Health Care debate and make sme think he truly was not supportive of the single payer plan. He continues the fascist and deadly war on Americans who use non-government approved recreational substances. Warrentless wiretaps, endless detention, rendition.....

You are lying. I never said that. That's okay it written down. Let me quote me....

"The invasions and occupations are quite different from the terrorist attacks."

But lying is part and parcel of being a GOPer isn't it?

You responded to my comment that Carney didn't object to the criticism of Bush's policies. The only difference I see is that Bush's policies killed more people, so far. On the other hand, Bush's policies didn't get an Ambassador killed, or cause us to pull all personnel out of a city where we had a consulate.

Obama isn't to blame, the same way Romney wouldn't be to blame if he was in the White House right now. I say blame the guy who made this film and the people who attacked the consulate. Anything can set off a wave of Muslim violence these days, and its extremely difficult for a president to stop this from happening.

It is not difficult for an American president to tell the American people the truth, regardless of how it might affect his reelection chances. This president chose to lie about a terrorist attack, and now he needs to be called on that lie.

Yes, there was a screw-up in providing adequate security to the ambassador in Libya, and it does not take a friggin investigation to discover who made the decision to normalize the security situation, versus treating the situation as it actually existed.

This administration is working hard to push all of the facts past the election. That is all they care about.

dont forget all the other titles the president holds, IE chief citizen, chief diplomat, chief executive, chief of state. Im pretty sure he hasnt lived up to these titles.

Unfortunatly, the only chief he has been for the last year is chief campaigner. Everyone else is ruling the country without his input.

1. He reads daily Intelligence briefings. No input because there is no face to face meetings with questions asked and answered. Reading is not getting answers.

2. He lets Hillary handle all state department issues including diplomats, security and without input. He has no idea what she is doing or if it is adequate or conforms to intewlligence briefings.

3. Few if any Cabinet meetings have been held so the left hand knows what the right hand is doing. MIlitary should have been involved in intelligence briefings, security issues and day to day state department briefings. Military could have informed the members of lack of security and attacks on Libya fortresses.

4. When leaders of other countries were at the UN, Obama had not time to meet with any of them.

5. There is more preparation for speeches, talk shows and fundraisers than there is for the country's needs. This isn't political.. It is a fact.

Last edited:
"We don't need wingtip cowboys. We don't need shoot-from-the-hip diplomacy. And when Mitt Romney first responded to what was going on in Libya, his own party called him out for insensitivity. He has done nothing but politicize this issue, when what we need to do is find out what happened, and do that as Americans, not as Democrats and Republicans."

Read more: Gibbs: Stop playing politics with Libyan attacks - Washington Times Gibbs: Stop playing politics with Libyan attacks - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Really... You'd rather people sit back and accept a bullshit story that the attacks were caused by a video, and overlook the fact that the Obama Administration blatantly lied to the American people? Of course you would. The rest of us who feel accountability is needed for our elected leaders -in your eyes, are merely politicizing... And you wonder why some of us feel people like you who defend lying politicians are kooks. What we need is action from our elected leaders when Americans are attacked... Not apologies.

WAHHHHHHH

This has REALLY HURT Obama - so stop pursuing it.

If this REALLY hurt Obama then Bush and Cheney should still be on life support in intensive care in an induced coma for what they ignored and what they didn't do and what they did do as a result of 9/11/01.

This is the mail boy in the company getting a parking ticket. AND you morons whining to the CEO.

Forum List

Back