We Don’t Need No Flaming Sparky Cars

At this point I think they’ve spewed more carbon into the atmosphere than if they were fossil fuel.

Tesla Vehicle Bursts Into Flames, Burns For Hours In Monroeville
The hell with fires; these damned cars are entirely silent and they will be a total menace in parking lots. People will be walking behind or in front of cars that are about to pull out and you don't even know they're running.
Almost happened to me not long ago. We have few of those cars around here but once they catch on, I predict a lot of people getting run over.
Some States are looking into requiring they make sounds. My vote is the Jetsons vehicle sound.
View attachment 256661
It would be a pleasant world if all cars and trucks were silent--all you would hear in a city like NY during rush hour would be voices and radios, right? Quite nice. But it is dangerous, so as much as I don't like the idea of another reverse beep or unlocking the car boop or horn blowing out in the parking lot to make me jump out of my skin, I suppose they have to come up with something. Maybe a nice calming chord, so everything sounds like a piece of music, kind of.
The sound issue surfaced awhile back when the Prius got popular. Visually impaired people were having lots of problems. I found this:

Silence may be a virtue under most circumstances, but not when you're driving around a leafy, residential neighborhood in your Toyota Prius. That's why the manufacturer came out with its very own vehicle proximity notification system last year -- a "futuristic," underhood noisemaker designed to alert pedestrians and the visually impaired to the plug-in's presence. Now, Toyota has offered more details on its safety system, in a freshly released demo video starring the 2012 Prius V.​

Why does the theme to Star Trek come to mind?
Do you know what it sounds like?
Nope. From the alert pedestrians: Nissan's Leaf EV will sound like a Blade Runner spinner, get better mileage. I bet it will end up being like a ring tone that you can choose for yourself. Could get very weird.

The hell with fires; these damned cars are entirely silent and they will be a total menace in parking lots. People will be walking behind or in front of cars that are about to pull out and you don't even know they're running.
Almost happened to me not long ago. We have few of those cars around here but once they catch on, I predict a lot of people getting run over.
Some States are looking into requiring they make sounds. My vote is the Jetsons vehicle sound.
View attachment 256661
It would be a pleasant world if all cars and trucks were silent--all you would hear in a city like NY during rush hour would be voices and radios, right? Quite nice. But it is dangerous, so as much as I don't like the idea of another reverse beep or unlocking the car boop or horn blowing out in the parking lot to make me jump out of my skin, I suppose they have to come up with something. Maybe a nice calming chord, so everything sounds like a piece of music, kind of.
The sound issue surfaced awhile back when the Prius got popular. Visually impaired people were having lots of problems. I found this:

Silence may be a virtue under most circumstances, but not when you're driving around a leafy, residential neighborhood in your Toyota Prius. That's why the manufacturer came out with its very own vehicle proximity notification system last year -- a "futuristic," underhood noisemaker designed to alert pedestrians and the visually impaired to the plug-in's presence. Now, Toyota has offered more details on its safety system, in a freshly released demo video starring the 2012 Prius V.​

Nope. From the alert pedestrians: Nissan's Leaf EV will sound like a Blade Runner spinner, get better mileage. I bet it will end up being like a ring tone that you can choose for yourself. Could get very weird.

needs to sound like a 440 hemi with straight pipes

At this point I think they’ve spewed more carbon into the atmosphere than if they were fossil fuel.

View attachment 256661
Or perhaps they could make it sound like the batmobile.

View attachment 256661

I didn't see Blade Runner and I went to the links and no one is playing the sound of the car. Geez.
It would be AWFUL if everyone could choose their own ringtones--what chaotic noise that would be during rush hour or in a crowded mall parking lot.
I still like the idea of all cars spouting chord sounds that go together. Not a minor chord, either.

View attachment 256661

I didn't see Blade Runner and I went to the links and no one is playing the sound of the car. Geez.
It would be AWFUL if everyone could choose their own ringtones--what chaotic noise that would be during rush hour or in a crowded mall parking lot.
I still like the idea of all cars spouting chord sounds that go together. Not a minor chord, either.
The key to self-driving cars will be a standard for cars to talk to each other. Maybe they'll have to talk out loud so pedestrians can hear? Might sound like the old CB radio days: "breaker, breaker, coming up to the stop sign on 10th and Maple, watch out for the Kojak with a Kodak I just passed."

View attachment 256661
Or perhaps they could make it sound like the batmobile.
Or you get to pick your MP3 file for custom sounds.

Forum List

Back