We Don’t Need No Flaming Sparky Cars

At this point I think they’ve spewed more carbon into the atmosphere than if they were fossil fuel.

Tesla Vehicle Bursts Into Flames, Burns For Hours In Monroeville
The hell with fires; these damned cars are entirely silent and they will be a total menace in parking lots. People will be walking behind or in front of cars that are about to pull out and you don't even know they're running.
Almost happened to me not long ago. We have few of those cars around here but once they catch on, I predict a lot of people getting run over.

At this point I think they’ve spewed more carbon into the atmosphere than if they were fossil fuel.

The hell with fires; these damned cars are entirely silent and they will be a total menace in parking lots. People will be walking behind or in front of cars that are about to pull out and you don't even know they're running.
Almost happened to me not long ago. We have few of those cars around here but once they catch on, I predict a lot of people getting run over.
maybe you forgot to turn on your hearing aids,,,

It's like spontaneous human combustion for cars. Spontaneous Vehicle Combustion. (SVC)

Don't park your Tesla near your house or garage.

Maybe you've never been around one of these cars.

Maybe you've never been around one of these cars.
of course I have,,,they are as silent as most cars when your in your own car with the windows rolled up,,,

thats why most people use more than just one of their senses when out in public

Some States are looking into requiring they make sounds. My vote is the Jetsons vehicle sound.
upload_2019-4-19_10-12-51.jpeg

Some States are looking into requiring they make sounds. My vote is the Jetsons vehicle sound.
View attachment 256661
It would be a pleasant world if all cars and trucks were silent--all you would hear in a city like NY during rush hour would be voices and radios, right? Quite nice. But it is dangerous, so as much as I don't like the idea of another reverse beep or unlocking the car boop or horn blowing out in the parking lot to make me jump out of my skin, I suppose they have to come up with something. Maybe a nice calming chord, so everything sounds like a piece of music, kind of.

View attachment 256661
It would be a pleasant world if all cars and trucks were silent--all you would hear in a city like NY during rush hour would be voices and radios, right? Quite nice. But it is dangerous, so as much as I don't like the idea of another reverse beep or unlocking the car boop or horn blowing out in the parking lot to make me jump out of my skin, I suppose they have to come up with something. Maybe a nice calming chord, so everything sounds like a piece of music, kind of.

funny thing is when I'm in my car with the radio playing I cant hear most cars or just about anything else,,,thats why paying attention is so important,,,which is what most women cant do is pay attention

View attachment 256661

funny thing is when I'm in my car with the radio playing I cant hear most cars or just about anything else,,,thats why paying attention is so important,,,which is what most women cant do is pay attention
Walking in a busy parking lot is dangerous with EV cars around.

View attachment 256661

Walking in a busy parking lot is dangerous with EV cars around.

not anymore than with real cars,,,some small cars are just as silent if your more than ten feet away,,,

if a walker cant see a car coming then they deserve a little wake up call

I learned the hard way and ever since I just pay attention when around cars

View attachment 256661
The sound issue surfaced awhile back when the Prius got popular. Visually impaired people were having lots of problems. I found this:

Silence may be a virtue under most circumstances, but not when you're driving around a leafy, residential neighborhood in your Toyota Prius. That's why the manufacturer came out with its very own vehicle proximity notification system last year -- a "futuristic," underhood noisemaker designed to alert pedestrians and the visually impaired to the plug-in's presence. Now, Toyota has offered more details on its safety system, in a freshly released demo video starring the 2012 Prius V.​

Why does the theme to Star Trek come to mind?

They do that without bursting into flames anyway. Electric cars are the most ineffecent way anyone could dream up to burn fossil fuels to power a car. Bear in mind the tooth fairy doesn't put power in the wall socket and the largest proportion of it by far comes from burning fossil fuels.

View attachment 256661

Cut it out, asshole. I'm not talking about being in my car listening to the radio. I am talking about WALKING behind vehicles that from sound or sight show no indication that they are running and at any moment may come straight back or forward at ya.
Do you get it now?

View attachment 256661
The sound issue surfaced awhile back when the Prius got popular. Visually impaired people were having lots of problems. I found this:

Silence may be a virtue under most circumstances, but not when you're driving around a leafy, residential neighborhood in your Toyota Prius. That's why the manufacturer came out with its very own vehicle proximity notification system last year -- a "futuristic," underhood noisemaker designed to alert pedestrians and the visually impaired to the plug-in's presence. Now, Toyota has offered more details on its safety system, in a freshly released demo video starring the 2012 Prius V.​

Why does the theme to Star Trek come to mind?
Do you know what it sounds like?

View attachment 256661

Cut it out, asshole. I'm not talking about being in my car listening to the radio. I am talking about WALKING behind vehicles that from sound or sight show no indication that they are running and at any moment may come straight back or forward at ya.
Do you get it now?

its called cleaning the gene pool,,,

They do that without bursting into flames anyway. Electric cars are the most ineffecent way anyone could dream up to burn fossil fuels to power a car. Bear in mind the tooth fairy doesn't put power in the wall socket and the largest proportion of it by far comes from burning fossil fuels.
They lack the needed infrastructure, once that is in place, electric cars will be much more efficient than internal combustion. As we move to solar or nuclear, they'll get the benefits.

Forum List

Back