We Don't Need No Flaming Sparky Cars Part 23,468

I often hear claims, from EV detractors, that electric cars produce more CO2 than an ICE powered car, because the electricity is produced from polluting sources, and CO2 from the production process of batteries adds to the total. They skirt round the realities of every ICE powered car having an atmospheric pollution pipe sticking out the back, producing CO2, and rather more, for the entire lifetime of the car. The entire process of oil extraction is highly polluting, and also releases methane into the atmosphere.

The Myth Debunked
A recent report in the Guardian entirely debunks the whole myth. Researchers calculated that the total life-cycle emissions of an electric car, including its manufacture, battery manufacture, and all of its energy consumption, is significantly less than diesel powered cars, even when they are powered by electricity from coal. Where the electricity is from renewable sources, the comparison is even more favourable for electric vehicles. For example –

In Poland, which uses high volumes of coal, electric vehicles produced 25% less emissions than diesels,

but, in Sweden, with Europe’s cleanest grid, electric vehicles produced a remarkable 85% less,

and in the UK, as somewhere in between, EVs still managed 50% less.

EVs – 50% Less Greenhouse-Gas Emissions than Diesels

Well, I think that it is safe to say that shortly the trucking industry will switch to EV's.
View attachment 199295
What an absolute lying bitch you are, Weather.

Tar-Sands-Alex-McLean-Oilsands-3-Syncrude-Mildred-Lake-mining-facility-140407-04371.jpg

Canada’s shocking oilsands operation (Aerial footage)
shell-ditches-tarsands.jpg

Another Sign Just Came in That Tar Sands Operations Are on Life Support

Rio Tinto has a 30% interest in Chile’s Escondida, the world’s largest copper-producing mine, which is managed by BHP Billiton.

Weather, you are a lying asshole.

I often hear claims, from EV detractors, that electric cars produce more CO2 than an ICE powered car, because the electricity is produced from polluting sources, and CO2 from the production process of batteries adds to the total. They skirt round the realities of every ICE powered car having an atmospheric pollution pipe sticking out the back, producing CO2, and rather more, for the entire lifetime of the car. The entire process of oil extraction is highly polluting, and also releases methane into the atmosphere.

The Myth Debunked
A recent report in the Guardian entirely debunks the whole myth. Researchers calculated that the total life-cycle emissions of an electric car, including its manufacture, battery manufacture, and all of its energy consumption, is significantly less than diesel powered cars, even when they are powered by electricity from coal. Where the electricity is from renewable sources, the comparison is even more favourable for electric vehicles. For example –

In Poland, which uses high volumes of coal, electric vehicles produced 25% less emissions than diesels,

but, in Sweden, with Europe’s cleanest grid, electric vehicles produced a remarkable 85% less,

Well, I think that it is safe to say that shortly the trucking industry will switch to EV's.
View attachment 199295

Tar-Sands-Alex-McLean-Oilsands-3-Syncrude-Mildred-Lake-mining-facility-140407-04371.jpg

Rio Tinto has a 30% interest in Chile’s Escondida, the world’s largest copper-producing mine, which is managed by BHP Billiton.

Dude, oil is oozing out of the ground in California and flowing into the ocean - FROM NATURAL CAUSES.
Maybe the meme showed the wrong mine. SO HERE.
D70EB98D-4FFE-438C-B737-298931B291F5.jpeg

Neometals to sell stake in Mt Marion lithium project - Australian Mining

Want more?

Hey Billy, I got a question?

Why do these people even bother with these fake graphs? Invariably, every single one of them gets nuked in here.... leaving the poster with egg on their face and the tail between their legs. Happens every time, so what gives with these people?
Statistics are easily manipulated.. When you actually look at reality and hard factual numbers the BS is easily exposed. In my graphs i use hard fact based numbers, Old fraud uses contrived base lines and lots of colors to make them look better to the untrained person. Many buy the BS. Its like this last week where Judith Curry basically beat Mann over the head with his own tripe by using facts.. It was a priceless event.

Mt_marion_drills_map.jpg

A miniscule footprint compared to the tar sands mining.
Huntington Beach California, 75 years ago and today.
View attachment 199312 View attachment 199313
What I find interesting today is that there are wellheads just 5 miles from that region where they have now used directional drilling and those fields are still producing NG today.
And the land is covered with zillion dollar homes now with no reports of environmental problems.

The Myth Debunked

View attachment 199295

Dude, oil is oozing out of the ground in California and flowing into the ocean - FROM NATURAL CAUSES.
Maybe the meme showed the wrong mine. SO HERE.
View attachment 199306
Neometals to sell stake in Mt Marion lithium project - Australian Mining

Want more?

Lmao....hey Weather.....you want to break it to him about what is up in Alaska!!:abgg2q.jpg:

LOL You too dunderheads stand head and shoulders above the stupid crowd. You have reached a pinnicle of stupid that most others can only dream of. Neither of you will have any influence in the switch to EV's. The rest of the world will move on, and no one will even remember that you were so stupid concerning the renewable energy and EV's. WUWT has the same credibility as the Weekly World, that is to say, they have none.

payn_c15809320180615120100.jpg

Forum List

Back