CDZ We do love to extrapolate!

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Mac1958, Jul 9, 2018.

1. impuretrash

impuretrash Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,394
    Why do centrists love Rush so much? LOL

2. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +84,451
    Slippery slope

3. william the wie

william the wie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,683
    Shooting the house whip is not violence? I must ask how possibly ignorant partisan lies are considered CDZ compliant since it obvious trolling and baiting?

4. PredFan

PredFan Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,401
    Have you not been watching the news? Have you not seen how the left is acting. You cannot have a civil discussion with them. They will except nothing less than COMPLETE capitulation of their positions, policies, and demands AND complete disavowing of everything conservative.

It’s a quaint and still admirable quality to ask that question, but that time as long past. The reality is that they are too far gone.

5. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,412
    If you believe that the MSM is giving you a realistic depiction of mainstream Americans, you are sadly mistaken. I talk to my neighbors, business associates, etc. and find a VERY different story of what the "real" Americans think. Every single person I have talked to sees the despicable behaviour of those on BOTH extremes to be just that. The behaviour of the fringe extremists, not the mainstream people of this great nation. I suggest you get up from your computer, turn off the TV and actually talk to people to see what the rest of America thinks. What is being shown and written about in the media, is designed to make you think there is more polarization and less agreement than there is. Outlets on BOTH sides of the political aisle are guilty of this, and you believing it, is part of the problem. It ties right in with the premise of this thread, actually. Your post tells me that you are over-extrapolating. The media is only showing the extremists, therefore, everyone, or at least most people, must be extremists. Fortunately, this is wrong.

6. ding

ding Confront reality

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,784
    I don't believe that is the root cause of the problem. I believe our problems are that we have lowered our standard of conduct, have become too materialistic, have lost all sense of accountability and are incapable of being objective because we have a preference for an outcome.

The problem is not our "public servants" per se. It is we the people ourselves. We get the "public servants" we deserve. They are a reflection of our deteriorating society.

We make simplistic extrapolations because that is what is necessary for us to stay blind to the reality of our deteriorating society. The signs are all around us but we chose to ignore them.

7. PredFan

PredFan Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,401
    I don't watch the MSM at all. Every single person I know sees the childish antics of the left as what they are; foolish, intolerant, violent, and immature. You should get out of your little cadre of pot heads, sober up and meet some other sober people.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ding

ding Confront reality

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,784
    Life is only complicated when one tries to rationalize away their poor behavior. Otherwise, life is pretty simple. Treat others as you would have them treat you or someone you care about. It doesn't get any more simple than that.

9. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,059
    Sometimes its the people. Sometimes it's the elected officials who are making illegitimate (i.e. extrapolations) claims to arouse a voting block. Of course we the people elect those officials.

10. ding

ding Confront reality

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,784
    It is possible to extrapolate but not in a linear fashion. It is cyclical because we keep repeating our mistakes. History repeats for good reason. One might argue that the cycle is natural. It is only natural in the sense that failed behaviors naturally lead to failure and successful behaviors naturally lead to success. Individuals and societies can break the cycle but they must remain virtuous to do so. Something we - as a rule - have not shown the ability to do. So the cycle continues. Winter, spring, summer, fall. Rinse and repeat.