We desperately need a coherent energy policy. YESTERDAY

The fossil fuel technology was only justified for getting us to non-polluting, permanent, safe sources of power.

Creativity and originality, the things that brought us progress like the telegraph, the bicycle, telephones, autos, radio, are still potentially there for humanity.

Getting the last possible horsepower out of an antique engine design is not qualitative in the advancement of human kind.

We need a dedication to obtaining all the energy we can from renew-ables and then living within that budget. Just as some people want the government to live on what is available and not always borrow from the future, it would seem obvious energy policy would be similarly regarded.

I've had travel-dependent businesses, too, and I know it is tough to meet expenses. Small and medium sized businesses absolutely must not be punished or penalized. They are the true 'motor of employment' in all 'developed' economies, they give the most jobs to the market.

Moving to alternatives, especially on a local level, should actually stimulate these businesses, with local contractors and labor supplying their communities what the new markets will require.

Besides, imagine how your cost would be reduced if a solar panel were producing hydrogen gas all day for you to use in whatever vehicle you now have! What would that be worth? It is not so far off. Truth is, it is off-the-shelf tech. It just needs to be done to be done.

When the American energy market is ready for wind and solar power, the market will move in that direction, without any push from government. Until that time arrives, we need to utilize the assets that are commercially viable today, and those are coal, oil and natural gas.

Did the highway system get created by private market forces? :eusa_whistle:

We should privatize our roads?
All roads would become toll roads and their maintenance would be up to private companies with profit as their main goal.

I have spent over $250.00 this week alone on fuel. And that doesn't include my home energy expenses.

These costs alone will keep the poor depressed. Clearly I can absorb the cost despite the pain. I can't imagine being poor and facing these prices

Well, stop doing that--silly willy.

:lol:

:thup:

Obama needs to ask Cheney to come in and help

That made just about as much sense as this:

tumblr_ma1q307tOE1rromv0_zps9a35f8f4.gif

Or heck, any of my My Little Pony photo dumps.

Forum List

Back