We Can't Afford To Be Everywhere Forever

Figaro

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2014
Neocons like Rick Perry and John McCain want our troops to be everywhere forever. We can't afford the obligations we currently have overseas, much less protracted battles in all four corners of the globe.

We have problems to address here at home, like the debt, infrastructure, the borders, and Social Security solvency. We would be wise to focus our money at home for a while so we can get caught up on things here

Neocons like Rick Perry and John McCain want our troops to be everywhere forever. We can't afford the obligations we currently have overseas, much less protracted battles in all four corners of the globe.

We have problems to address here at home, like the debt, infrastructure, the borders, and Social Security solvency. We would be wise to focus our money at home for a while so we can get caught up on things here
You forgot to include Democratic neocons like Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama in that analysis, but otherwise spot on. Though I would also point out we can't afford things like Social Security either.

You forgot to include Democratic neocons like Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama in that analysis, but otherwise spot on. Though I would also point out we can't afford things like Social Security either.

They should eliminate welfare and apply it to SS.

But we can afford millions of illegals?
Nope, we can`t afford it too. Immigration is like a threat to the integrity of the country. Immigration reform is going to cost the state budget about $6 trillion so if you split this amount among all American taxpayers you get $41670 per person

SS is welfare.

Well, no, we can not eliminate welfare. What will all those millions of slackers who live at the expense of welfare do? They probably will start looking for work, and we have no work. So they will start to rob

SS is welfare.

SS is welfare.

So you dont pay social security taxes?

Well, no, we can not eliminate welfare. What will all those millions of slackers who live at the expense of welfare do? They probably will start looking for work, and we have no work. So they will start to rob

Then you shoot em....problem solved.

They start to rob,we start to shoot. Problem solved on two counts.

SS is welfare.

SS is welfare.

Sure, you paid into an alleged Social Security fund, that was then used by the government for all manner of other nonsense and completely depleted, if it ever existed, and is now dependent upon government borrowing. This is not to mention the number of people taking more money out of Social Security than they ever paid into it.

Fund nonexistent + more taken out than put in = welfare

SS is welfare.

SS is welfare.

Sure, you paid into an alleged Social Security fund, that was then used by the government for all manner of other nonsense and completely depleted, if it ever existed, and is now dependent upon government borrowing. This is not to mention the number of people taking more money out of Social Security than they ever paid into it.

You're mental....
If I had never paid into SS and I still received it,yes that would be welfare.
If I had my way I wouldnt have paid a dime into SS because I know damn well I would have gotten a better return.

SS is welfare.

SS is welfare.

You're mental....
If I had my way I wouldnt have paid a dime into SS because I know damn well I would have gotten a better return.
Some people don't pay into it, but, again, if you take out more than you "paid in," which is really just sending money to the government to do whatever they want, then it's still welfare. And, again, that money isn't just sitting there waiting for you. It's long gone.

SS is welfare.

SS is welfare.

You're mental....
Some people don't pay into it, but, again, if you take out more than you "paid in," which is really just sending money to the government to do whatever they want, then it's still welfare. And, again, that money isn't just sitting there waiting for you. It's long gone.

Bullshit. So if you made car payments to Ford for five years and they spent your money on something else and told you you'd have to pay for another three years you'd call that just?
Thats theft.

SS is welfare.

SS is welfare.

You're mental....

Bullshit. So if you made car payments to Ford for five years and they spent your money on something else and told you you'd have to pay for another three years you'd call that just?
Thats theft.
You're not actually responding to any of my points, and that's the most nonsensical analogy I've seen in a while. Ford does not compel you to pay them against your will, you voluntarily choose to purchase their vehicle, and of course they're spending the money you pay them on other things because there's no reason that they would be taking your money on the basis that they're going to invest it for you and return it to you at a later date. The money you pay them becomes their money to invest in growing their company and innovating.

How you think buying a car from Ford is in anyway comparable to the government taking your money for Social Security is beyond me.

You're mental....

Thats theft.
You're not actually responding to any of my points, and that's the most nonsensical analogy I've seen in a while. Ford does not compel you to pay them against your will, you voluntarily choose to purchase their vehicle, and of course they're spending the money you pay them on other things because there's no reason that they would be taking your money on the basis that they're going to invest it for you and return it to you at a later date. The money you pay them becomes their money to invest in growing their company and innovating.

How you think buying a car from Ford is in anyway comparable to the government taking your money for Social Security is beyond me.

What the fuck ever. Fact of the matter is YOU PAY for SS.
In your mind because the gov misused the funds you no longer have a right to them.
Again,in your mind it's kinda like depositing cash in the bank and expecting to get back the exact bills you deposited,and if the bank spent those bills you're shit out of luck. Seriously?
And like I said,I would have gotten a much better return if I'd have kept my own money.
I wont be needing SS,but I'm damn sure going to take it because they OWE it to me.

You're mental....

Thats theft.

In your mind because the gov misused the funds you no longer have a right to them.
Again,in your mind it's kinda like depositing cash in the bank and expecting to get back the exact bills you deposited,and if the bank spent those bills you're shit out of luck. Seriously?
And like I said,I would have gotten a much better return if I'd have kept my own money.
I wont be needing SS,but I'm damn sure going to take it because they OWE it to me.
Do they owe you more than you paid in? You haven't addressed that point at all.

You're mental....

Thats theft.

Absolutely not. And thats the flaw in the whole system,or shall we say ponzi scheme.
And it's going to get worse now that we have record numbers of people under employed and unemployed.

Thats theft.

Absolutely not. And thats the flaw in the whole system,or shall we say ponzi scheme.
And it's going to get worse now that we have record numbers of people under employed and unemployed.
Well there you go. Welfare.

We cannot afford Democrats either.

Are you willing to defund them as well?

Thats theft.

Well there you go. Welfare.

Because of government mismanagement.
Welfare in the traditional sense does not fit the definition of SS. It's through no fault of the tax payer that the gov mismanaged the funds and they at least contributed,unlike a traditional welfare recipient.

Forum List

Back