We can't abandon israel, though it may be prophesied

I don't think the US will abandon Israel of its own admonition. I think that, if I understand Biblical prophecy, the one-world government, of which the present U.S. will be a part, will turn against Israel.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
I am fairly conservative in my values, both morally and plitically, but since I do not consider myself a "neocon" I'll take that as a compliment and disgregard the insinuation about any lack of understanding. :)

So, I'll just end it with "what we have here if a failure, to communicate".

neocons believe in actively exporting free markets and individual rights, not just for the sake of "forcing our views", but for the sake of preventing the rise of dictatorial regimes which threaten all of humanity. Israel is an outpost of freedom in a despotic orented area, and thus is a strategic area, very much in alignment with necon goals.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
I don't think the US will abandon Israel of its own admonition. I think that, if I understand Biblical prophecy, the one-world government, of which the present U.S. will be a part, will turn against Israel.

This is essentially the hotbutton question for our prez contenders right now. "If our allies in Europe say no, do we go it alone?"

By extension: "If our allies in europe say Israel loses, do we refuse them aid?"

Look at what that French guy said today about arming The islamic world against israel.

I just don't think we should internalize the negativity of biblical prophecy.

Let's die for the jews. Maybe they'll cut off our heads.

is the holocaust.... After the liberation of the death camps the American people became very sympathetic to the plight of worldwide Jews... Hence our preference.. By the way that oil remark is just BS and totally out of line... Lord the poor opionion many Americans have of their government and fellow citizen's...

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
neocons believe in actively exporting free markets and individual rights, not just for the sake of "forcing our views", but for the sake of preventing the rise of dictatorial regimes which threaten all of humanity. Israel is an outpost of freedom in a despotic orented area, and thus is a strategic area, very much in alignment with necon goals.

Thanks - and I mean that. Gave me a perspective of thought I have never explored.

:cool:

Originally posted by phadras
By the way that oil remark is just BS and totally out of line... Lord the poor opionion many Americans have of their government and fellow citizen's...

No, actually, YOU are out of line. When a nation has a supply and another has a demand, it pays to be the demanding one when friends with the supplier.

You ought to learn a bit about economics.

Any nation would be stupid to NOT think ahead like that.

If you think I have a poor opinion of our government I defy you to prove any of my opinions to not be based in fact.

Originally posted by William Joyce
Here, from both a liberal and paleocon-style view, is why that won't work (the author of the book is a liberal, the reviewer is a traditional conservative):

http://theoccidentalquarterly.com/vol3no4/dw-chua.html

Give the review a shot, rightwinger --- It's worth reading.

Commerce always goes on regardless. In a dictatorship, it's 100% controlled by the connected group, the dictator and his family/tribe. The people are oppressed horribly. But we just don't HEAR about it because the dictator suppresses all media. Thus the criticisms of free markets posed here, are actually a more effective criticism of the LACK of free markets. Maybe if we compromise and have free markets, individual rights, but suppress the media, then the lunatic left will be happy.

How can you swallow this shit, william?

Religion is poison.

Everyone fights each other over the same fucking god.

What god? There is none. Its obvious.

We need to get out of the Bible and into reality. Israel causes way too many problems for us, and the whole Bush backing Sharon there for a minute after we supposedly dont support his actions, really pissed me off. We cant go back on our policies like that.

Originally posted by Interested
Religion is poison.

We need to get out of the Bible and into reality. Israel causes way too many problems for us, and the whole Bush backing Sharon there for a minute after we supposedly dont support his actions, really pissed me off. We cant go back on our policies like that.

In a way I agree with you. This bible stuff has THE USA pegged as a nonplayer in the endtimes. I, for one, ain't going out like that.

We should support Israel however, not for religious reasons, but for the selfish reason of having a toehold in the region, militarily and politically. The EU is aligning with The Muslim world against the u.s. We need allies in the area.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
In a way I agree with you. This bible stuff has THE USA pegged as a nonplayer in the endtimes. I, for one, ain't going out like that.

We should support Israel however, not for religious reasons, but for the selfish reason of having a toehold in the region, militarily and politically. The EU is aligning with The Muslim world against the u.s. We need allies in the area.
If things keep going the way they are, we (USA) are in deep kimchi. I don't think Americans realize how close we are to becoming "just another country".

Religion is poison.

That is an incredibly ignorant statement.

Good. Then you can prove it. Do so.

with 12 credit hours in it in college... Nearly a minor.. Your seemed to imply that our initial support for Israel had to do with oil and that's a FUCKING LIE JERKWAD!!!!!

Originally posted by phadras
with 12 credit hours in it in college... Nearly a minor.. Your seemed to imply that our initial support for Israel had to do with oil and that's a FUCKING LIE JERKWAD!!!!!

Are you refering to ME, stupid?

I gave 2 reasons and the SECOND was oil.

How many college units do you have in LISTENING?

-Or READING?

Since when does college=intelligence?

Apparently you are still clueless. So much so, you have to yell obscenities.

Care to back up your points with any evidence? -Or do you like to look dumb?

Religion is poison.

Before this one gets any further:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6836

Good. Then you can prove it. Do so.

no, please. you first. your explanation will be so much more colorful and fantasy filled. bedtime stories are fun

seems to me we got us an anti-semite... And learning something expands ah forget it --- it's wasted on you...

Forum List

Back