“we cannot deport 11 million people”

Flopper,

I haven't heard of this being a common problem. Why can't the U.S. consulates assist these American citizens? Can you supply links with some details?
It's not a common problem but it does happen. Unless you can prove you're an American citizen, a consulate is not likely to help, particular if you have been deported.

Jacqueline Stevens, Ph.D.: Deporting American Citizens: ICE's Mexican-izing of Mark Lyttle
Okay. Thanks for the link.

I was thinking about what I would do if, for example, I was in Mexico, or some other country, and all my ID was lost or stolen. There must be some standing provision for such a circumstance, which I will assume occasionally happens.

You have your ID faxed to you. You go to the American Consulate and get a new passport. BTW, in Japan, when you are staying at a hotel, they take your passport. Now way you can lose it that way. They give it back when you leave.

What would you do if you were in Hawaii and lost your id? How do you board the plane?

We don't need to deport all 11 million of `em...

... only the ones who are up here establishing the forward bases...

... for the drug cartels...

... the rest are up here to seek a better life...

... for themselves and their families...

... i.e. the ones who are willing to make a positive contribution...

... to the American way of life.
:cool:

“WE CANNOT DEPORT 11 MILLION PEOPLE”
“WE HAVE TO PUT THEM ON A PATH TO CITIZENSHIP”

Left wing BS. We can do anything we want to do. We don’t have to do anything we don’t want to do. How do we deport 11 million people in the country illegally? Simple. E-Verify. If they cannot work they will self deport. Like a million have done already with their children. Whom we refuse to deport because they are innocent little children who were brought here by no fault of their own and this is the only country they have ever know? More left wing B.S. They are citizens of Mexico. They know the language because they parents do not bother to learn English. They know the culture, how to eat tacos and burritos and celebrate Cinco De Mayo each year. We also can repeal Automatic Birth Citizenship for children of illegal aliens retroactive that is exacerbating the illegal immigration problem. Have a anchor baby is like hitting the lottery. It qualifies a family for welfare money, food stamps, medicaid and public housing and anchor an illegal family to the country. Most are low income earner who pay no income taxes (how can we collect back taxes from people who pay no taxes?) but receive earned tax credits and child credits refunds. Businesses are addicted to cheap labor and Comp. Immig. Reform. will not change that.

Comp. Immig. Reform is about nothing more than politics. Not about compassion or anyone’s love for little anchor babies and their parents.

“You can B.S. some of the people some of the time but cannot B.S. all the people all they time.”
The government in coercion with the illegals have allowed all this because of the wealthy constituency it has, in which is found on one side of the coin lusting after cheap labor that has no rights while working, or any say so against all sorts of abuses for fear of being replaced with another quickly, and then there is the governments lust for cheap votes as found in potential voters on the other side if this coin also. This has become a no win situation for the American hard working lower to middle class citizens who are out there, because they are ultimately carrying the whole load for all of this mess, while they all as American citizens are totally hammered in the long run by this stuff. No one likes cutting off their own hand to spite their own face, but this is what the American citizen has been asked to do within the midst of all of this stuff or they are expected to do in the midst of it all, just as we have seen so many times now or in the past. Don't get me wrong now, this is no slam against the Mexican people, because they are seemingly some great workers and people, but this is a slam against what our politicians have done in the past for votes and for perks found within it all.

It's not a common problem but it does happen. Unless you can prove you're an American citizen, a consulate is not likely to help, particular if you have been deported.

Jacqueline Stevens, Ph.D.: Deporting American Citizens: ICE's Mexican-izing of Mark Lyttle

I was thinking about what I would do if, for example, I was in Mexico, or some other country, and all my ID was lost or stolen. There must be some standing provision for such a circumstance, which I will assume occasionally happens.

You have your ID faxed to you. You go to the American Consulate and get a new passport. BTW, in Japan, when you are staying at a hotel, they take your passport. Now way you can lose it that way. They give it back when you leave.

What would you do if you were in Hawaii and lost your id? How do you board the plane?
US citizens that get deported are usually people that do not have families to help them gather and fax documents. If they did, they wouldn't have been deported.

If you go to a US consulate or embassy, they will ask you for identification. If you do not have identification, they will tell you to obtain identification. If you don't have someone to call to get that identification, you are going to have a hard time. If you don't appear to be from the US or don't have the funds to hire someone to help you, you're screwed.

US citizens that get deported are usually people that do not have families to help them gather and fax documents. If they did, they wouldn't have been deported.

If you go to a US consulate or embassy, they will ask you for identification. If you do not have identification, they will tell you to obtain identification. If you don't have someone to call to get that identification, you are going to have a hard time. If you don't appear to be from the US or don't have the funds to hire someone to help you, you're screwed.

Actually, they will help you obtain id.

Now, if you are in Hawaii and have lost your id, what do you do? You think you are going to be stuck there?

I never said it was easy, I said it could be done. The person in that article that was deported to Mexico ASKED to be deported to Mexico. Maybe he shouldn't have done that?

People need valid links but ya won’t accept anecdotalism? But somehow in this same moral tolerant universe, illegal immigrants don't have to PROVE anything because if we ask them , it violates some moral constant? Please. Illegal aliens ARE breaking laws I know immigrants that chose to come here legally seem to follow , as they follow ALL other American laws without feeling special. They waited, they may have had to pay thousands in legal fees to have to have gotten in, and yet they seem to have survived just fine. But why is it somehow all these all these illegals make it sound like they are triumphing against evil or something when they sneak in like a thief in the night? I can't relate to illegal aliens . That isn't what immigration is about.

Last edited:
Tolerance and diversity are fine. As long as we ALL share a sense of commonality. Language, culture, history and tradition. We should all be as an extended family. If we accept illegal aliens as IMMIGRANTS, that is a break from the American Family. Illegals are ersatz. They aren’t respecting the preexisting culture, nor are they following in the revered footsteps of prior legal immigrants. As a few posters have mentioned : “They are here, lady so get used to it”: That weak willed mentality is the problem, AND mealy mouthed acceptance of illegal aliens is why they have become such an issue. Fight the darkness. Don’t give into that mentality.

We all now understand you know nothing of immigrant history to America and the USA.
Jake,

Pardon me for butting in, but what I know about immigration is my grandparents on both sides migrated here from Germany and Holland with documented invitation. My maternal grandmother was quarantined for 13 days at Ellis Island with influenza. Others who had such communicable conditions as tuberculosis were refused entry and sent back home.

That system was starkly different from that of allowing anyone who is capable of sneaking in from anywhere being allowed to stay. We already know such a breakdown in control serves to invite a crime wave, various diseases, and seriously destructive social problems.

I'm not opposed to immigration and I have nothing against Mexicans (the predominate category of illegals), the vast majority of whom are decent, hard-working people, owing to their strong religious convictions. But the flow of migrants into this Country must be controlled -- and there is a way to do it. The only reason it isn't being done is our corrupted Congress and President are covertly subordinate to a corporatocracy which is concerned with eliminating unions and having access to an unlimited source of low-wage workers (a de-facto slave class). Illegal immigration accommodates that insidious purpose and is pushing this Nation toward third world status.

I've got the same opinion about Obama. He's a corporate almost a republican, anti union and working class. Is this what the country needs when it has a surplus of labor? Legitimize more people so they can lower wages even more?

I've got 2 proposals for imigration reform, a simple one and a complex one.

We'll start with the first, longer one. This is a 3-step process.

1) Secure the borders. (short term)
The federal government should have the right and the control to say who enter the country or not. If you think there should be more immigrants, then loosen the restrictions on immigration, but just saying you are not going to enforce existing laws is BS. I mean, if you get to pick and choose, whats the point of having a federal government?

2) Deal the current group of illegal immigrants (medium term)
I really REALLY don't like deporting people who where born here, and had no control over what their parents did. Sending these people hundreds or thousands of miles away from the only home they have every known leaves a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach
For older people who entered the country illegally, I don't think they should be rewarded with citizenship. But so long as they are law-abiding and self supporting, I can't really see a reason to deport them. Maybe we can compromise and offer a permenant green-card status.

3) Help improve the situation in other countries to make people want to stay more (long term)
This is probably the most complicated part of the plan, particularly when foreign aid is a tricky subject and our domestic situation is less than stellar. Still, I feel we can do more with our closest neighbors, particularly in Central and South America to ensure that our policies are cooperative instead of combative. The middle east gets all the big news stories, but maybe it's time to refocus on things a little closer to home.

Oh, almost forgot the alternative short version:
Annex Canada and offer full citizenship to anyone who works there for 5 years. :)

Last edited:
I've got 2 proposals for imigration reform, a simple one and a complex one.

We'll start with the first, longer one. This is a 3-step process.

1) Secure the borders. (short term)
The federal government should have the right and the control to say who enter the country or not. If you think there should be more immigrants, then loosen the restrictions on immigration, but just saying you are not going to enforce existing laws is BS. I mean, if you get to pick and choose, whats the point of having a federal government?

2) Deal the current group of illegal immigrants (medium term)
I really REALLY don't like deporting people who where born here, and had no control over what their parents did. Sending these people hundreds or thousands of miles away from the only home they have every known leaves a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach
For older people who entered the country illegally, I don't think they should be rewarded with citizenship. But so long as they are law-abiding and self supporting, I can't really see a reason to deport them. Maybe we can compromise and offer a permenant green-card status.

3) Help improve the situation in other countries to make people want to stay more (long term)
This is probably the most complicated part of the plan, particularly when foreign aid is a tricky subject and our domestic situation is less than stellar. Still, I feel we can do more with our closest neighbors, particularly in Central and South America to ensure that our policies are cooperative instead of combative. The middle east gets all the big news stories, but maybe it's time to refocus on things a little closer to home.

Oh, almost forgot the alternative short version:
Annex Canada and offer full citizenship to anyone who works there for 5 years. :)
In general, I agree with your proposals. However, I don't think anyone is suggesting undocumented immigrants should be offered citizenship. Some form of legal residency makes sense.

I would also add sensible immigration quotas. The quota system was setup in 1920's and has not been changed in nearly 50 years although the world has changed a lot. In some countries, a person applying for immigration could wait a life time.

The problem with America’s immigration system isn't that too many people are breaking the rules. It’s that the rules themselves are irrational, confusing, bigoted, and counterproductive.

New Topics

Forum List

Back