We cannot afford not to pass a hc bill.

Discussion in 'Congress' started by LilOlLady, Jan 24, 2010.

1. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    WE CANNOT AFFORD NOT TO PASS A HC BILL.

Buying PHC across state lines will bring down healthcare cost. LIE. Nothing will being down the cost of private healthcare providers except if is it subsidized by the Federal Government because PHC cannot bring down cost without cutting services and cannot survive without making a profit and they cannot make a profit if they bring down cost. They will not be able to take existing illness. Not able to keep clients with long term illness. Existing illness and long term illness cost too much to be provided by PHC. PHC cannot afford to bring down cost.

Government Health Care plan will raise taxes. LIE. GHC plan will create taxes and put people to work and working people will pay taxes and will buy products that are taxed. Taxes will be raised on those who can afford pay a little more. GHC will need to hire doctors, nurses and aids. Construction companies will hire lots of workers to built clinic, offices and hospitals and they will have to be staffed and the list of jobs is too long to list . GHC will put millions to work and worker will boost the economy with buying power and business will sell and hire workers and they will pay taxes and buy products that are taxed, etc. GHC will create jobs, taxes and fix the economy.

GHC will cost too much. LIE. Republican HC plan, private HC, will cost less but will cover fewer people and we will have to create another HC plan to cover those PHC will not cover. Savings from cutting fraud and waste will help cover cost.

GHC will fix the economy and a thriving economy will fix all the other problems. Healthcare is a product that will sell.

Pass the GHC bill because if you don’t the American people will loose. If Obama is going to FIGHT for the people, Congress need to pass this HC bill now and worry about THEIR jobs later. What are more important, your jobs or the lives of Americans?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    Do you have any proof of your assertions, or should we just take your word for it? :rolleyes:

3. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914

Thanks... They say the best thing for your health is to laugh daily and your post is the best joke I've seen all day. It probably added two years to my life expectancy. :lol: :lol:

4. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    I think there are lots of really good ideas for reform. We should reduce the insane state mandates, we should do some sort of tort reform, we should make insuarnce competitive accross state lines, we should increase the power of HSAs and reduce that of HMOs.

there are lots of good ideas that the Democrats in DC are not interested in.

Passing stupid legislation just because Something must be done is akin to demanding that uncle Joe be given Cyanide to cure his cancer, and if you oppose this action, you want poor uncle Joe to die.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. sboyle24

sboyle24 Tired of fatties

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    HC is one thing, but what the fuck are they doing to tuition rates? If there's one thing you can do to fuck the country you can put future generations in insane amounts of debt. Damn you Christine Gregoire.

That aside, there are so many lies going around on both sides of healthcare i'm tempted to support it because it is a change in the current shittiest system in a developed country.

6. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914

I agree. I think they could help expand county health departments. I live in a county of more than 250,000 people and our health department has one doctor, three days a week. I think they should take a little of the slush fund ( AKA stimulas money ) and perhaps provide some tuition for doctors and nurses in exchange for service at the county HD. There are many ways to help reduce costs and provide health services for people but our government can't seem to do anything other than focus on health insurance as the only answer. The bills they've proposed do NOTHING to reduce costs, they just shift the burden of who pays.

7. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Did you know Bush's tax cuts to the top 2% cost us double what the health care bill will cost?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,183
    How can we not afford to spend 1 trillion dollars to make the system worse???

The bigger question is: how do we afford this health care bill?

We've lived without this for thousands of years. And guess what, our life expectancy is higher than ever without it.

I really dont know why you guys are so eager to go down the path of every other nation that has failed to do this. It doesnt make sense. How many times do you have to do the same thing and expect different results before you are legally insane?

9. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Taking her word for it would assume the OP is capable of original thought. She isn't.

10. ba1614

ba1614 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Holy ole fuck this lilolady is one simple bitch.
    To her and her ilk, government is the answer to everything! and everything requires governmental oversight!