We cannot afford not to pass a hc bill.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
WE CANNOT AFFORD NOT TO PASS A HC BILL.

Buying PHC across state lines will bring down healthcare cost. LIE. Nothing will being down the cost of private healthcare providers except if is it subsidized by the Federal Government because PHC cannot bring down cost without cutting services and cannot survive without making a profit and they cannot make a profit if they bring down cost. They will not be able to take existing illness. Not able to keep clients with long term illness. Existing illness and long term illness cost too much to be provided by PHC. PHC cannot afford to bring down cost.

Government Health Care plan will raise taxes. LIE. GHC plan will create taxes and put people to work and working people will pay taxes and will buy products that are taxed. Taxes will be raised on those who can afford pay a little more. GHC will need to hire doctors, nurses and aids. Construction companies will hire lots of workers to built clinic, offices and hospitals and they will have to be staffed and the list of jobs is too long to list . GHC will put millions to work and worker will boost the economy with buying power and business will sell and hire workers and they will pay taxes and buy products that are taxed, etc. GHC will create jobs, taxes and fix the economy.

GHC will cost too much. LIE. Republican HC plan, private HC, will cost less but will cover fewer people and we will have to create another HC plan to cover those PHC will not cover. Savings from cutting fraud and waste will help cover cost.

GHC will fix the economy and a thriving economy will fix all the other problems. Healthcare is a product that will sell.

Pass the GHC bill because if you don’t the American people will loose. If Obama is going to FIGHT for the people, Congress need to pass this HC bill now and worry about THEIR jobs later. What are more important, your jobs or the lives of Americans?

Buying PHC across state lines will bring down healthcare cost. LIE. Nothing will being down the cost of private healthcare providers except if is it subsidized by the Federal Government because PHC cannot bring down cost without cutting services and cannot survive without making a profit and they cannot make a profit if they bring down cost. They will not be able to take existing illness. Not able to keep clients with long term illness. Existing illness and long term illness cost too much to be provided by PHC. PHC cannot afford to bring down cost.

Government Health Care plan will raise taxes. LIE. GHC plan will create taxes and put people to work and working people will pay taxes and will buy products that are taxed. Taxes will be raised on those who can afford pay a little more. GHC will need to hire doctors, nurses and aids. Construction companies will hire lots of workers to built clinic, offices and hospitals and they will have to be staffed and the list of jobs is too long to list . GHC will put millions to work and worker will boost the economy with buying power and business will sell and hire workers and they will pay taxes and buy products that are taxed, etc. GHC will create jobs, taxes and fix the economy.

GHC will cost too much. LIE. Republican HC plan, private HC, will cost less but will cover fewer people and we will have to create another HC plan to cover those PHC will not cover. Savings from cutting fraud and waste will help cover cost.

GHC will fix the economy and a thriving economy will fix all the other problems. Healthcare is a product that will sell.

Pass the GHC bill because if you don’t the American people will loose. If Obama is going to FIGHT for the people, Congress need to pass this HC bill now and worry about THEIR jobs later. What are more important, your jobs or the lives of Americans?

Thanks... They say the best thing for your health is to laugh daily and your post is the best joke I've seen all day. It probably added two years to my life expectancy. :lol: :lol:

I think there are lots of really good ideas for reform. We should reduce the insane state mandates, we should do some sort of tort reform, we should make insuarnce competitive accross state lines, we should increase the power of HSAs and reduce that of HMOs.

there are lots of good ideas that the Democrats in DC are not interested in.

Passing stupid legislation just because Something must be done is akin to demanding that uncle Joe be given Cyanide to cure his cancer, and if you oppose this action, you want poor uncle Joe to die.

HC is one thing, but what the fuck are they doing to tuition rates? If there's one thing you can do to fuck the country you can put future generations in insane amounts of debt. Damn you Christine Gregoire.

That aside, there are so many lies going around on both sides of healthcare i'm tempted to support it because it is a change in the current shittiest system in a developed country.

I think there are lots of really good ideas for reform. We should reduce the insane state mandates, we should do some sort of tort reform, we should make insuarnce competitive accross state lines, we should increase the power of HSAs and reduce that of HMOs.

there are lots of good ideas that the Democrats in DC are not interested in.

Passing stupid legislation just because Something must be done is akin to demanding that uncle Joe be given Cyanide to cure his cancer, and if you oppose this action, you want poor uncle Joe to die.

I agree. I think they could help expand county health departments. I live in a county of more than 250,000 people and our health department has one doctor, three days a week. I think they should take a little of the slush fund ( AKA stimulas money ) and perhaps provide some tuition for doctors and nurses in exchange for service at the county HD. There are many ways to help reduce costs and provide health services for people but our government can't seem to do anything other than focus on health insurance as the only answer. The bills they've proposed do NOTHING to reduce costs, they just shift the burden of who pays.

How can we not afford to spend 1 trillion dollars to make the system worse???

The bigger question is: how do we afford this health care bill?

We've lived without this for thousands of years. And guess what, our life expectancy is higher than ever without it.

I really dont know why you guys are so eager to go down the path of every other nation that has failed to do this. It doesnt make sense. How many times do you have to do the same thing and expect different results before you are legally insane?

Do you have any proof of your assertions, or should we just take your word for it? :rolleyes:

Taking her word for it would assume the OP is capable of original thought. She isn't.

Holy ole fuck this lilolady is one simple bitch.
To her and her ilk, government is the answer to everything! and everything requires governmental oversight!

Perhaps if Congress had actually been interested in passing a real health care plan things would be different. Instead they set out to take over health care and force people to buy with threats of penalties and fines. They also set out to tax people that already HAD health plans.

Tell ya what? If Congress actually works on real reform it will pass.

LOL

How the fuck does subsidizing anything lower the cost?

LOL

Competition lowers costs, Walmart lowers costs.

Get a fucking basic clue, then post

Those who support Obamacare have one track thinking. Remember there are two sides to everything. Yes, it would be nice for everyone to have a healthcare plan. That, however, is utopia. There will always be some in this country who will be without it even if Obama care passes.

The other side of the coin is how much personal freedom are you willing to cede to the federal government to provide you with something they just as easily take away when this program along with Medicare and Medicaid bankrupt this country? I am not willing to give thje federal government one inch of my personal liberties, especially in the area of healthcare.

If Obamacare passes it will give the government practically total control over your life. Anything they believe you are doing that is detrimental to your health, if not corrected, could result in no coverage until you comply. As for me, I choose freedom! It trumps everything else.

Those who support Obamacare have one track thinking. Remember there are two sides to everything. Yes, it would be nice for everyone to have a healthcare plan. That, however, is utopia. There will always be some in this country who will be without it even if Obama care passes.

The other side of the coin is how much personal freedom are you willing to cede to the federal government to provide you with something they just as easily take away when this program along with Medicare and Medicaid bankrupt this country? I am not willing to give thje federal government one inch of my personal liberties, especially in the area of healthcare.

If Obamacare passes it will give the government practically total control over your life. Anything they believe you are doing that is detrimental to your health, if not corrected, could result in no coverage until you comply. As for me, I choose freedom! It trumps everything else.

Practically total control over your life? Scare tactics aren't as effective on the internets.

Some of us are more willing to cede the freedom to choose which doctor we have, and actually following through with what he prescribes, for the sake of out wallets and health. I don't feel it's a good arguing point to claim it is a loss of freedom. I find bullshit claims to loss of freedom like this far less important than losing freedoms like speech, vote, arms, privacy (i.e. Patriot Act) , etc.

Practically total control over your life? Scare tactics aren't as effective on the internets.

Some of us are more willing to cede the freedom to choose which doctor we have, and actually following through with what he prescribes, for the sake of out wallets and health. I don't feel it's a good arguing point to claim it is a loss of freedom. I find bullshit claims to loss of freedom like this far less important than losing freedoms like speech, vote, arms, privacy (i.e. Patriot Act) , etc.

Are you aware just how much power they are taking this time? And while you may be willing to cede that authoriy, I am not. i Dont want you speaking for me on this. If you are willing to give up that right, buy Kaiser insurance. But let me choose my own path.

Are you aware just how much power they are taking this time? And while you may be willing to cede that authoriy, I am not. i Dont want you speaking for me on this. If you are willing to give up that right, buy Kaiser insurance. But let me choose my own path.

By all means, you can buy private insurance, the rest of us willing to not give a crap who our doctor is and willing to follow their prescriptions can save money on government insurance.

By all means, you can buy private insurance, the rest of us willing to not give a crap who our doctor is and willing to follow their prescriptions can save money on government insurance.

Understood, but I buy my healthcare, and then "kitty" up (pun intended) to help buy yours...naw, I'm not for that.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Why don't you read the bolded words that YOU wrote and then come again and argue that others are "making a claim it is a of loss of freedom". You might want to give up your freedom to choose who your doctor is and what services you can have, but you have no right to expect others to go along with you OR to pay your way.

You libs had a SUPER MAJORITY in Congress as well as the White House.

They didn't pass it. You didn't need ONE Republican vote.

It failed because the PEOPLE don't want Obama care. Every American knows there are plenty of problems with our health care system, most of which are attributed to too much government interference. Obama's "plan" was to make it even worse with more government.

Kick the illegals out of our country, allow private insurance companies to work over state lines, and then we'll see some real improvement in health care costs.

Understood, but I buy my healthcare, and then "kitty" up (pun intended) to help buy yours...naw, I'm not for that.

I'd be in support for two separate systems so you wouldn't have to kitty up. A private system and a public system. Just like schools. Though it is beyond me how well that would work. What do you think?

Forum List

Back