We can learn from Italy and Israel

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
This author will be persona non grata to a lot of Muslims even though he is speaking the truth.

April 22, 2016 at 9:01 am | Published in: Africa, Article, Egypt, Europe & Russia, Israel, Italy, Middle East, Opinion Pieces, Palestine, Region, Syria
gilad-shalit.jpg

Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit, held as hostage is greeted by prime minister of Israel after release. [File photo]
Faisal Qassem

April 22, 2016 at 9:01 am
SHARES

We Arabs may be the people in the world who write the most poetry and romantic odes about human virtues such as brotherhood, justice, equality and the need to protect humanity, its soul and its right to inheritance. Our emotions, though, are nothing more in today’s reality.

The fact that we are in this position comes as no surprise. I say this as we are see Italy’s media campaign centred on politics, humanitarianism and civil liberties; as we witness its dedication to these virtues in its reaction to the death of student Giulio Regeni who was killed in Egypt a few months ago. Italy did not let the death of its citizen pass without comment just so that it could maintain its “economic” relationship with Egypt. It has pursued this case so that Regeni’s death has become a pan-European if not global issue. The Egyptian government now finds itself in an unenviable position because the Italian media in particular, and the world in general, has turned Egypt and its credibility into dust.

There is no doubt that the regime in Cairo is facing a crisis because of the unbelievable conditions that are experienced by the majority of Egyptians. This is not due to price increases, nor to the political authoritarianism in the country, but is because the regime is in the middle of an international scandal due to the death of an Italian university student in Egypt at the hands of the intelligence services or some other agency. It does not matter who killed Regeni, according to the Italians, but what is important is that an Italian citizen was killed in Egypt under mysterious circumstances. From an Italian perspective, therefore, it is important to shake the ground under the feet of the Egyptian authorities.

Continue reading at:

I don't get the analogy. The Israeli is a captured soldier who presumably was in some sort of battle while the Italian was a graduate student. A soldier takes risks and can get captured, the other guy was just a student that shouldn't be risking his life in his studies.

I don't get the analogy. The Israeli is a captured soldier who presumably was in some sort of battle while the Italian was a graduate student. A soldier takes risks and can get captured, the other guy was just a student that shouldn't be risking his life in his studies.

Why don't you write to Faisal Qassem and tell him that you can't process this and ask him how he came up with the conclusion that he did. If you don't like the response this Arab gives to you, you can just call it "Zionist" propaganda as per usual. I think many of us realize what he is saying.

What I like about the Italians is that they had the balls to remove Islam as an official religion in Italy. We should from the Italians.

Why don't you write to Faisal Qassem and tell him that you can't process this and ask him how he came up with the conclusion that he did. If you don't like the response this Arab gives to you, you can just call it "Zionist" propaganda as per usual. I think many of us realize what he is saying.

What do many of you think he is saying? I'm not sure what Zionist propaganda has to do with it. I suspect that most people do not believe that a graduate student is in the same situation as a soldier.

Italy is a Christian nation, they have every right to only recognize Christianity as the official religion of the nation.

What do many of you think he is saying? I'm not sure what Zionist propaganda has to do with it. I suspect that most people do not believe that a graduate student is in the same situation as a soldier.

Come on, you who are always claiming that you are smarter than anyone else posting should be able to figure out what he is saying. Maybe you are too exhausted to think after days of pounding away on tour keyboard like crazy.

As for propaganda, you are the one who is always claiming "Zionist propaganda" when you don't like what an article says. This one is interesting about the propaganda the Arabs are using.

Nazi Propaganda for the Arab World | History Today

Italy is a Christian nation, they have every right to only recognize Christianity as the official religion of the nation.
Stop lying for Islam, Achmed. They recognize and offer tax free status to Judaism, Bhudism, Bahaiism, Hinduism, yet Islam is the only one that has been taken off the list. Funny.

Who is lying for Islam? Italy has every right to only recognize Christianity as the official religion.

Ha ha ha ho ho ho...good joke. Stop posting cartoons. And now for some truth:

Italy: Islam Not Recognized as a Religion — Denied Religious Tax Status

Italy: Islam Not Recognized as a Religion — Denied Religious Tax Status

Italy has denied religious status to Islam. Politicians cited extremist (fundamentalist) imams, polygamy and failure to uphold women’s rights by Muslim immigrants as obstacles to recognizing Islam as an official religion in Italy.

Until now, the government had earmarked 8 percent of income tax revenue for Italy’s established churches. The great majority of these funds go to the Catholic Church, although if they wish, individual tax payers may elect to give the money to charities and cultural projects instead.

Islam is not an established religion in Italy and there is only one official mosque in the country, Rome’s Grand Mosque. Politicians from the ruling coalition cite radical imams, polygamy and failure to uphold women’s rights by Muslims immigrants as obstacles to recognising Islam as an official religion in Italy.

Until now, only the Catholic Church, Judaism and other established churches including Lutherans, Evangelists, Waldensians and 7th-day Adventists have received the income tax revenue from the Itallain government.

I'm afraid the "Muslim Times" from Malaysia or wherever, has gotten it wrong, as the law I provided indicates. Again, go to the source so you don't constantly make a fool of yourself. Islam is recognized in Italy.

No Islamic authority in Italy has executed an agreement with the Italian Government as the representative of the Islamic community, so Islam cannot be ticked off as the religion that a taxpayer wants 0.8 percent of his income tax contribution to go to. It has nothing to do with recognition.

Wrong again. Italy has passed a law banning Islam as an official religion, due to islam's intolerance, backwardness and barbarism.

But I thought you didn't care much about Islam, so why are you so upset at Italy's anti Islam stance, Achmed? Ha ha ha.

'Anti-Mosque Law': Italian PM Renzi Trying To Stop Discriminatory Building Code; Italy Doesn’t Recognize Islam

Italy Drives Muslims Underground

Islam is not an officially recognized religion in Italy, even though other religions like Buddhism and Judaism, which have far fewer followers, are. That lack of recognition allows Italy to control the number of mosques and prayer facilities being built and registered, but it stops the Islamic community from fully integrating. It also allows authorities to more easily monitor the mosques.

Italy's Lombardy bans burqas after terror attacks

Last edited:
You still refuse to accept the law, which I presented the full text of, which shows that Italy does recognize Islam and you present an article that building codes in one of Italy's regions are making it difficult for mosques to be built.

While I agree with preventing mosques to be built in Italy, and I agree with banning burqas in Italy, your assertion that Islam is not recognized in Italy is false. I am just making it clear, you are a pathological liar.

Do you actually think I give two shits about what a mentally ill Jew hating Muslim convert who is trolling this board 24/7 says about me or others?

You are fulla shit as usual and Italy clearly did pass a law stripping Islam from its official status. It obviously bothers you a lot.

Italy: Islam denied income tax revenue - Adnkronos Religion

Italy: Islam denied income tax revenue

Rome, 27 August (AKI) - Mosques in Italy will not receive a share of income tax revenue the Italian government allocates to religious faiths each year. Hindu and Buddhist temples, Greek Orthodox churches and Jehovah's Witnesses will be eligible for the funds, according to a bill approved by the Italian cabinet in May and still must be approved by parliament.

Until now, the government had earmarked 8 percent of income tax revenue for Italy's established churches. The great majority of these funds go to the Catholic Church, although if they wish, individual tax payers may elect to give the money to charities and cultural projects instead.

The head of COREIS, one of Italy's largest Muslim groups, Yahya Pallavicini, said he was bitter that Islam had been denied the revenue from Italian income tax.

"Work should be begun on legally recognising those moderate Muslims who have for years shown themselves to be reliable interlocutors who are free of and fundamentalist ideology," he said.

Islam is not an established religion in Italy and there is only one official mosque in the country, Rome's Grand Mosque (photo). Politicians from the ruling coalition cite radical imams, polygamy and failure to uphold women's rights by Muslims immigrants as obstacles to recognising Islam as an official religion in Italy.

Until now, only the Catholic Church, Judaism and other established churches including Lutherans, Evangelists, Waldensians and 7th-day Adventists have received the income tax revenue from the Itallain government.

There are between one million and 1.5 million Muslims in Italy and 130 mosques linked the Muslim umbrella organisation UCOII across the country.

Your article is such bullshit. It isn't 8%, it is 0.08% that taxpayers can elect to give to the religion of their choice. Sheesh, what ignorance. Do you really think that Italy pays religious groups more than they fund national defense you idiot.

Does it matter?! 8% or .00000008% or .00001%, who cares? The Italians passed a law barring Islam recognition as an official religion. Kudos to the Italians.

Italy did not pass a law barring recognition of Islam as an official religion you idiot. I wish they had. You just constantly lie, it's unbelievable. You are worse than lying Ted.

Forum List

Back