We can expect more of this heading into November

Discussion in 'Congress' started by CharlestonChad, Jul 8, 2008.

1. CharlestonChad

CharlestonChad Baller Deluxe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Local Road Sign Draws Comparison Between Obama, Monkey

PAULDING COUNTY, Ga. -- A road sign that draws the comparison between presidential candidate Barack Obama and a monkey is drawing complaints in Paulding County. A family who saw the sign while heading to a bike ride on the Silver Comet Trail told Channel 2 the sign is offensive and should be removed. But the man who put it up said he has no intention of doing that.

A woman going on a bike ride said she found a sign that says, “A monkey. A Obama. Is there a difference,” hateful and disturbing.

“Just shocked. Just shocked basically, saddened by it,” said the woman who did not want to be identified.

Patrick Lanzo, the owner of the Georgia Peach Oyster Bar, put up the message on his sign. He said he has no regrets or apologies.

“They’re still entitled to put their own sign up. I mean, if it offends them, fine, but in the United States we still have free speech and it’s the only thing that hasn’t been taken from us,” said Lanzo.

Channel 2’s Tom Regan asked Lanzo if he was racist and he said he wasn’t. He did say he allowed the Ku Klux Klan to use the property behind his bar for rallies but added that a gay rights group was also invited on one occasion.

Lanzo had a framed photo of a sign he posted about the Michael Jackson acquittal – which used the “N” word. That sign drew protests from the NAACP and unsuccessful demands for authorities to have it taken down.

“I believe in your right and my right or anybody else’s right to say what they want without being criticized as being a racist,” said Lanzo.

Some nearby residents said they believe Lanzo posting inflammatory statements brings down the entire neighborhood. “I see it more or less as representing that community,” said one man.

Local Road Sign Draws Comparison Between Obama, Monkey - News Story - WSB Atlanta

2. CharlestonChad

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I agree with his right to free speech, but damn. The guy is doing more good for Obama than bad. I've heard from a local that he is a klan member, has klan robes in his restaurant, hosts pictures of blacks being lynched in the restaurant, and is an all around jackass.

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,985
    And when the left compares Bush to a chimp , what does that make them? Just curious?

4. CharlestonChad

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    People calling Bush a juvenile monkey?

5. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,985
    Ohh now your going to claim no one on the left was calling Bush a chimp and a monkey. Give me a fucking break.

6. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    The bloke is using his right to free speech to demonstrate his bigotry. And as you point out CC, there will be reactions to it and they will build support for Obama.

7. CharlestonChad

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I'm only mocking you. Clearly there are no racist overtones with bush being the equivalent to a baby monkey.

8. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    I've always thought that was rude. Bush has a look more like Alfred E. Neumann than Cheeta.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,985
    Sure thing. In other words it is ok to attack white people but not black, got ya.

10. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Poor white people. They have been shut out of the halls of power for hundreds of years.

I'm sick and tired being hasseled by THE MAN!