We can expect more of this heading into November

CharlestonChad

Baller Deluxe
Jul 2, 2006
Charleston, SC
Local Road Sign Draws Comparison Between Obama, Monkey

PAULDING COUNTY, Ga. -- A road sign that draws the comparison between presidential candidate Barack Obama and a monkey is drawing complaints in Paulding County. A family who saw the sign while heading to a bike ride on the Silver Comet Trail told Channel 2 the sign is offensive and should be removed. But the man who put it up said he has no intention of doing that.

A woman going on a bike ride said she found a sign that says, “A monkey. A Obama. Is there a difference,” hateful and disturbing.

“Just shocked. Just shocked basically, saddened by it,” said the woman who did not want to be identified.

Patrick Lanzo, the owner of the Georgia Peach Oyster Bar, put up the message on his sign. He said he has no regrets or apologies.

“They’re still entitled to put their own sign up. I mean, if it offends them, fine, but in the United States we still have free speech and it’s the only thing that hasn’t been taken from us,” said Lanzo.

Channel 2’s Tom Regan asked Lanzo if he was racist and he said he wasn’t. He did say he allowed the Ku Klux Klan to use the property behind his bar for rallies but added that a gay rights group was also invited on one occasion.

Lanzo had a framed photo of a sign he posted about the Michael Jackson acquittal – which used the “N” word. That sign drew protests from the NAACP and unsuccessful demands for authorities to have it taken down.

“I believe in your right and my right or anybody else’s right to say what they want without being criticized as being a racist,” said Lanzo.

Some nearby residents said they believe Lanzo posting inflammatory statements brings down the entire neighborhood. “I see it more or less as representing that community,” said one man.

Local Road Sign Draws Comparison Between Obama, Monkey - News Story - WSB Atlanta

I agree with his right to free speech, but damn. The guy is doing more good for Obama than bad. I've heard from a local that he is a klan member, has klan robes in his restaurant, hosts pictures of blacks being lynched in the restaurant, and is an all around jackass.

The bloke is using his right to free speech to demonstrate his bigotry. And as you point out CC, there will be reactions to it and they will build support for Obama.

Sure thing. In other words it is ok to attack white people but not black, got ya.

Poor white people. They have been shut out of the halls of power for hundreds of years.

I'm sick and tired being hasseled by THE MAN!

Poor white people. They have been shut out of the halls of power for hundreds of years.

LOL
The Race War of Black against White
And the problem is getting worse, not better. In the past 20 years, violent crime has increased more than four times faster then the population. Young blacks (under 18) are more violent than previous generations and are 12 times more likely to be arrested for murder than young whites.

Nearly all the following figures, which speak for themselves, have not been reported in America:

According to the latest US Department of Justice survey of crime victims, more than 6.6 million violent crimes (murder, rape, assault and robbery) are committed in the US each year, of which about 20 per cent, or 1.3 million, are inter-racial crimes.

Most victims of race crime – about 90 per cent – are white, according to the survey "Highlights from 20 Years of Surveying Crime Victims," published in 1993.

Almost 1 million white Americans were murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by black Americans in 1992, compared with about 132,000 blacks who were murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by whites, according to the same survey.

Blacks thus committed 7.5 times more violent inter-racial crimes than whites even though the black population is only one-seventh the size of the white population. When these figures are adjusted on a per capita basis, they reveal an extraordinary disparity: blacks are committing more than 50 times the number of violent crimes of whites.

According to the latest annual report on murder by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, most inter-racial murders involve black assailants and white victims, with blacks murdering whites at 18 times the rate that whites murder blacks.
These breathtaking disparities began to emerge in the mid-1960s, when there was a sharp increase in black crime against whites, an upsurge which, not coincidentally, corresponds exactly with the beginning the modern civil rights movement.

Over time, the cumulative effect has been staggering. Justice Department and FBI statistics indicate that between 1964 and 1994 more than 25 million violent inter-racial crimes were committed, overwhelmingly involving black offenders and white victims, and more than 45,000 people were killed in inter-racial murders. By comparison 58,000 Americans died in Vietnam, and 34,000 were killed in the Korean war.

Hey retard, it is either ok or it is not, to call someone a chimp. The left thinks it is ok to call Bush a chimp so has no standing to complain if the right calls Obama a chimp. pretty damn simple.

Unless of course we are not, in fact, all equal and some are more equal or more protected then others?

I'm not being disingenous but there are some photos of Bush being compared to various simians and indeed he does look slightly simian at times.

What's unfair about it is that anyone who has their photo taken as much as Bush is going to look simian or dorky or confused or whatever and a photo can be used to mock him. I look like a dork most times but fortunately I'm not famous (although I could put up with fame and wealth rather than just fame) and not likely to be famous so my dorkiness isn't recorded by the paparazzi.

But Obama is, in the truest sense of the phrase, an African-American who obviously has dark skin. Some white people think it's funny to call people with dark skins apes or monkeys. Some Italian football (soccer) fans have caused major controversy by shouting out that sort of racial abuse at football players from other clubs who are either African-born or are Afro-Caribbean or in some other way have dark skin. And it happens here too.

NRL bans 'monkey taunt' spectator - leaguehq.com.au

Petero Ciniviceva is Fijian (big bloke too, I bet the weak bastards would never say that to him in a pub).

So, that's it. It's simply a racial taunt.

So what? You don't want to be called names? Or have those of your party called names? Don't do it to the other guy. Simple as that. The left does NOT get a free pass cause their guy happens to be black this time. Just like if Hillary was runing they would not get a free pass cause she is a woman.

Don't like it? Don't do it and oppose it when it is done to the other guy.

In fact using YOUR little analogy there, we would of course now be able to call Obama a chimp as well, simply because of all the pictures he has had taken and we then can find some that compare to, well, a chimp. I mean that is what you have said. Your only defense being well darn he has dark skin.

By the way... The term " You reap what you sow" applies here. For 8 years the left has done nothing but denigrate Bush and Conservatives and now they whine cause someone is doing the same to their candidate? Give me a fucking break. And if Obama wins we will get to hear all the hypocrites from the left whine like stuck dogs cause people attack "their" president.

I am sure they will all be out reminding us THIS time that Presidents are EVERYONES not just the party that elected them?

So what? You don't want to be called names? Or have those of your party called names? Don't do it to the other guy. Simple as that. The left does NOT get a free pass cause their guy happens to be black this time. Just like if Hillary was runing they would not get a free pass cause she is a woman.

Don't like it? Don't do it and oppose it when it is done to the other guy.

In fact using YOUR little analogy there, we would of course now be able to call Obama a chimp as well, simply because of all the pictures he has had taken and we then can find some that compare to, well, a chimp. I mean that is what you have said. Your only defense being well darn he has dark skin.

You can search the internet RGS but you won't find any post by me which compares Bush to a simian. In fact this is the only thread where I've even mentioned it. Frankly I find it childish, insulting and completely unnecessary. As I said, if anything, Bush is - well for me at least - facially similar to Alfred E. Neuman. However if I were an advisor to Bush I'd advise him not to to use the eyebrows up frown because it accentuates his forehead and gives rise to the simian taunts. Minimisation of opportunities is what counts.

Now, calling Obama a chimp or a bonobo or some other simian is a different matter. His facial features are not remotely simian. Therefore the taunt must relate to his skin colour. Just as Bush can't help his sometimes overly furrowed brow and other features, Obama can't help (bad word but best I can do) skin colour. Both taunts are rude. But the taunt that Bush=simian is based on his facial features (not that makes the taunt acceptable). It's highly individualised. Obama is taunted with simian taunts because of his skin colour and it's not surprising that the taunt should be felt any anyone else with dark skin.

Humans developed on a different branch from simians, none of us deserve to be labelled as simians.

You can search the internet RGS but you won't find any post by me which compares Bush to a simian. In fact this is the only thread where I've even mentioned it. Frankly I find it childish, insulting and completely unnecessary. As I said, if anything, Bush is - well for me at least - facially similar to Alfred E. Neuman. However if I were an advisor to Bush I'd advise him not to to use the eyebrows up frown because it accentuates his forehead and gives rise to the simian taunts. Minimisation of opportunities is what counts.

Now, calling Obama a chimp or a bonobo or some other simian is a different matter. His facial features are not remotely simian. Therefore the taunt must relate to his skin colour. Just as Bush can't help his sometimes overly furrowed brow and other features, Obama can't help (bad word but best I can do) skin colour. Both taunts are rude. But the taunt that Bush=simian is based on his facial features (not that makes the taunt acceptable). It's highly individualised. Obama is taunted with simian taunts because of his skin colour and it's not surprising that the taunt should be felt any anyone else with dark skin.

Humans developed on a different branch from simians, none of us deserve to be labelled as simians.[/bold]

The bolded part being the operative part. We have spent 8 years listening to the left call Bush a chimp, a monkey an ape. Now they don't want anyone to call their guy that? I love how the Conservatives and the right always have to be the ones to be the adults.

The left can rage and fume , make shit up, lie and call names for 8 years and now when it is their man, the right should act like adults and be the better man?

Sorry I do NOT agree. All that does is embolden the left to continue their bullshit. They sowed this field for 8 YEARS. Come the election of Obama, they will REAP the yields of what they planted, cared for and caused to grow. It is ENTIRELY their fault.

I personally won't be calling anyone an ape, or claiming Obama , if elected, is not my President. But others will and they will have as their role models 8 years of the crap from the left.

This is a tough one for me. I've called Bush a chimp all along because he looks like one and acts like one. Obama does have big ears that are kind of chimp like. But I do think the guy probably did it because of his color.

Aren't we all related to apes anyway? How did it ever become a racial slur?

I suppose I'm thinking back in my own country's less than stellar political history when it comes to racial epithets. Back in 1947 a MP who was later to become the Leader of the Australian Labor Party, a fellow called Arthur Calwell, in a debate concerning what used to be known as the White Australia Policy, told our federal parliament that "Two Wongs don't make a white", in arguing for continuing the prohibition on Asian immigration to Australia.

Not one of our finest moments.

I don't much like the irrelevant name calling. Bush is a right wingnut and so is Cheney and that's as far as it needs to go. The other side can call Obama a leftie a lib or whatever and that's as far as it needs to go.

I agree with his right to free speech, but damn. The guy is doing more good for Obama than bad. I've heard from a local that he is a klan member, has klan robes in his restaurant, hosts pictures of blacks being lynched in the restaurant, and is an all around jackass.

Ah, it's not nice, but then neither were the Nazis marching in Skokie. Bigots have rights too.

Personally, it might make sense for opposition to get together and take out a sign about his sign?

To those who may talk about violence, remember there's a difference between being pro-life and bombing clinics.

Forum List

Back