We can all learn from this

The Chinese were the aboriginal rednecks: "Well, Ping, get me some duct tape." "Duct tape hasn't be invented yet, Chang" "Shoot, okay then, start piling them rocks up there. I saw my grandpappy do something like this once. If you can't stop a leak, at least catch the water cause you never know when you might need it for something."

What I really want to comment on is the loss archeological interest. That is the price for trying to demonetize archeological finds. There was huge interest in that stuff, and people were making tons of money off it, and somebody decided that people being interested in it and it being profitable are bad because the the academics were losing artifacts to collectors.

The Chinese were the aboriginal rednecks: "Well, Ping, get me some duct tape." "Duct tape hasn't be invented yet, Chang" "Shoot, okay then, start piling them rocks up there. I saw my grandpappy do something like this once. If you can't stop a leak, at least catch the water cause you never know when you might need it for something."

What I really want to comment on is the loss archeological interest. That is the price for trying to demonetize archeological finds. There was huge interest in that stuff, and people were making tons of money off it, and somebody decided that people being interested in it and it being profitable are bad because the the academics were losing artifacts to collectors.
Dekster, I have always been very interested in where we (all humanity) came from. Like Ballard finding that ancient farm on an ancient riverbank 300 ft under the Black Sea and theorizes it is the site of the Biblical Great Flood when the land ridge at the Dardanelles collapsed and the Med rushed in to create the Black sea. There's also an interesting archeology study on New York City and the creation of the harbors of the once landlocked Hudson and East rivers. My reference to the Blue Moon Motel is a book from back in the 70s about some diggers 2500 in the future unearthing sites in America, and they discover a place called the Blue Moon Motel. It then goes on to describe some of the inferences our future generations make about our society based on what they found. A hilarious comment on our 'assumptions'. For example, they figured we must practice human sacrifice and maybe even cannibalism because all our churches and places of worship have kitchens. And the part about the 'ceramic throne' is hilarious.

Dekster, I have always been very interested in where we (all humanity) came from. Like Ballard finding that ancient farm on an ancient riverbank 300 ft under the Black Sea and theorizes it is the site of the Biblical Great Flood when the land ridge at the Dardanelles collapsed and the Med rushed in to create the Black sea. There's also an interesting archeology study on New York City and the creation of the harbors of the once landlocked Hudson and East rivers. My reference to the Blue Moon Motel is a book from back in the 70s about some diggers 2500 in the future unearthing sites in America, and they discover a place called the Blue Moon Motel. It then goes on to describe some of the inferences our future generations make about our society based on what they found. A hilarious comment on our 'assumptions'. For example, they figured we must practice human sacrifice and maybe even cannibalism because all our churches and places of worship have kitchens. And the part about the 'ceramic throne' is hilarious.

A friend of mine worked on some archeological digs. Most of the intact artifacts that were found were destroyed at the dig site on purpose so that "there wouldn't be a market for these things that would lead to people robbing the site". Said it was sickening to her. "We've got all of these we need so destroy the rest."

A friend of mine worked on some archeological digs. Most of the intact artifacts that were found were destroyed at the dig site on purpose so that "there wouldn't be a market for these things that would lead to people robbing the site". Said it was sickening to her. "We've got all of these we need so destroy the rest."

I am not sure I can believe you. To what kind of artifacts do
you refer? ------hard to believe

Alien batteries. 4,000 years old and still not decomposing properly.

ALIEN BATTERIES ??? ------I am really PERFECT at solving
electricity problems with all the wires and ----zizag resistor
lines ---and parallel LINES-------but I do not know how electricity works-----------a thing can be construed as a "BATTERY" if it has two different metals and some-----acidic
solution in the bottle--------so I have somehow learned over the eons of my existence

ALIEN BATTERIES ??? ------I am really PERFECT at solving
electricity problems with all the wires and ----zizag resistor
lines ---and parallel LINES-------but I do not know how electricity works-----------a thing can be construed as a "BATTERY" if it has two different metals and some-----acidic
solution in the bottle--------so I have somehow learned over the eons of my existence
I think Duracell payed to have it covered up and whacked the whistleblower before he could publish his papers.

Believe what you want to believe. You cannot spit without hitting an archeological site in Israel. How many old clay pots do you think they want to have sitting around....

There is ample evidence that alternate-humans, known as "Neanderthals" lived and thrived for a time along side of "modern" humans. Some Neanderthal remains suggest that they interbred with their human cousins. Maybe the old Biblical accounts of "giants" and other legends are about the more powerful alternate human species which was ultimately killed off by the smarter humans who were more able to make weapons and organize the systematic slaughter of their rivals. .

There is ample evidence that alternate-humans, known as "Neanderthals" lived and thrived for a time along side of "modern" humans. Some Neanderthal remains suggest that they interbred with their human cousins. Maybe the old Biblical accounts of "giants" and other legends are about the more powerful alternate human species which was ultimately killed off by the smarter humans who were more able to make weapons and organize the systematic slaughter of their rivals. .

:lol:

"Alternate humans"?

Anyway, Neanderthal were shorter than humans, so they would not have been viewed as "giants" even if any of this interaction had taken place at a time when it might have influenced the mythology of (much) later human civilizations.

I heard it was a natural catastrophe of some type (meteor, maybe?) that wiped out life over most of Europe. Small enclaves on the coast of the Atlantic survived but eventually dwindled and became extinct. Although I'm SURE us smarter humans wanting to kill the "other guys" had something to do with it as well.

Forum List

Back