We are the Lions, hear us ROARRRR!!!!

Keep dreaming. I don't need a stadium to take down a witless nincompoop like you. Your new draft picks are the same as your old draft picks and you'll keep the same crappy, winless record you have now.

Ha! That's exactly what my brother said. Not the witless nincompoop stuff, but the stuff about the drafts. :lol:

Where do you live? I want to pick on your teams.

Ha! That's exactly what my brother said. Not the witless nincompoop stuff, but the stuff about the drafts. :lol:

Where do you live? I want to pick on your teams.

I don't watch NFL football anymore. We just have the latest greatest choke artists -- the Cowboys -- around here. At least you have an excuse -- no talent. The Cowboys have some of the best talent in the league. And can't do a damned thing with it.

Well, for my college football team, Indiana University, it's been the motto since before I was born..............:(

Oh, and for my CUBS too.............:(

Well actually for the Cubs, isn't it there's always next century? :razz:

:tomato: :funnyface: :tomato:

Also, with UofM, Michigan State, WNBA, Red Wings, Tigers & Pistons, Detroit has enough winning that we can afford this record on our sporting excellence.

I've seen 3 NBA champs in my 38 years, at least 2 champs from the WNBA, At least 4 Stanley cups, almost 3 world series from the Tigers in my life, and they won it in the late 60's, right before I was born, so 2, several national championships from msu and uofm in both basketball and football.

How many other states can say all that? Name your stanley cup years, your college national champs, your nba champs as well as your baseball and football teams.

Maybe Texas can do this? California maybe? Ny? Chicago? I don't know. Let me know if your state compares.

Patriots - 3 Super Bowls since 2001

Red Sox - 2004, 2006 World Series Champs

Celtics - Most NBA Championships ever, including one last season.

Bruins have won at least 4-5 too if I remember correctly.

But 3 superbowls, 2 world series, and 1 NBA championship isn't too shabby for my lifetime.

Last edited:
I don't watch NFL football anymore. We just have the latest greatest choke artists -- the Cowboys -- around here. At least you have an excuse -- no talent. The Cowboys have some of the best criminals and choke artists in the league. And can't do a damned thing with it.

Bolded; fixed it for you. :D

They can play one of those prison league games against the Cincinnati Bengals. Michael Vick can be starting/backup QB for somebody. :lol:

I don't watch NFL football anymore. We just have the latest greatest choke artists -- the Cowboys -- around here. At least you have an excuse -- no talent. The Cowboys have some of the best talent in the league. And can't do a damned thing with it.

I love how TO goes from crying for Tony Homo last year, I mean Romo, to calling him a racist because he's passing more to a white receiver. I have a black neighbor who just pulled that shit on us recently. Nothing bugs me more than false accusations of racism.

Anyways, if you are in Dallas, then I can't make fun of the Cowboys because they have won it in the past. That means you know they are capable.

So I'll have to make fun of your Mavericks.

I think even your hockey teams have won.

Texas is another great sporting state.

No shit! I know! Read my first post. It says for Ford to sell the team.

My brother and I were reminising yesterday over Wayne Fontz. He was a joke, but the best we have had as far as a coach goes.

And Scott Mitchell. Remember him? Remember that era? We had Barry Sanders and Herman Moore and Mitchell passed for 400 yards a week. Slight exxageration. But even then it wasn't good enough. We came close once before with Billy Simms. Remember him? They were good. They even came out with a vido, Another One Bites the Dust by Queen. I thought they might win it all, but noooooo.:eusa_hand:

Lol, yeah, I remember handing your asses to you in the '96 playoffs first round, too. I think that was the year Barry almost broke the single season rushing record. Like less than 10 yards shy. I was a HUGE Barry Sanders fan. I always liked Herman Moore too.

We beat you like 46-20 or something like that. The only reason you scored that much was because we were playing prevent D late n the game and giving you 10 yards at a shot so as to run out the clock. It's typical to give up a couple scores playing that kind of D.

Last edited:
Matter of fact, wasn't it the Eagles he played against in the last game of the season and we held him to like 10 total yards rushing? Lol I forgot about that.

We played you in the last game, denied Barry the record in an embarrassing performance for him, and then beat you again next week in the first round.

It's all coming back to me!

Ok I was a little off on that. We didn't play the Lions in the last game before the playoffs that year, and the 2,000+ yard year for Barry was the next year after that.

The playoff score was 58-37. The 37 was still due to a prevent D though, that much I remember. We were pretty much owning the game until late when we let up and started letting you run the clock out on yourselves.

People are sleeping on Detroit. They have a STRONG offense and agrueably the best wide reciever in the NFL in Celvin Johnson. The problem was that they did not have defense. They were not getting blown out in games, they were getting beat. They need too draft and trade defensive minded and then next year we will be looking at playoff contenders.

Ok I was a little off on that. We didn't play the Lions in the last game before the playoffs that year, and the 2,000+ yard year for Barry was the next year after that.

The playoff score was 58-37. The 37 was still due to a prevent D though, that much I remember. We were pretty much owning the game until late when we let up and started letting you run the clock out on yourselves.

Stop bringing back horrible memories! I remember Barry rushing for -1 yard games. WTF!!!:eek:

As great as he was, he was also frustrating to watch. 1 yrd loss, 5 yrd loss, 30 yrd gain.

But many times we'd give him the ball, he'd cost us 1st and 2nd down and then we'd have to punt because of him.

God the Lions suck. Seriously the worst franchise ever in NBA history.

But we love them. I can't wait to see what happens next year.

Sing with me: Lowered Expectation!!!:lol:

People are sleeping on Detroit. They have a STRONG offense and agrueably the best wide reciever in the NFL in Celvin Johnson. The problem was that they did not have defense. They were not getting blown out in games, they were getting beat. They need too draft and trade defensive minded and then next year we will be looking at playoff contenders.

God that would be great! But then they gotta at least win in the first round. To get knocked out in the first round would be unacceptable. :eusa_liar: Although right now I'd take it.

True. CJ is the only tooth in the Lions gums.

I would have never traded Roy Williams, first of all.

We'll see how they do with the 1st pick next year, I guess.

Forum List

Back