We are the Lions, hear us ROARRRR!!!!

tigerbob

Increasingly jaded.
Oct 27, 2007
Michigan
It's official.

0-16.

The worst single season record in NFL history.

Time for a logo change. No more of this...

Male_lion.jpg

Lots more of this...

WizardLionClose.jpg

Never has a football record been more in keeping with the self image of a city.

Congratulations to every team that managed to win a game this year. And for the Lie-downs? Well, there's always next year (God help us).

You have the Pistons and Red Wings, and Allen Iverson who I still miss dearly. You're not that bad off.

I remember one of your first posts I ever read on here, it was about your woeful Lions.....back when they had only lost 5 or 6 games.

Wow. 0-16. I remember the Colts when they were 1-15, then we got

Peyton Manning! :woohoo::bowdown::happy-1::eusa_clap:

Look on the bright side......................

Miami was 1-15 last year, and it's looking like they will win their division today and be in the playoffs!

The motto of teams like yours is:

There's always next year!

Hehe,
that's been the motto for how many years?

Well, for my college football team, Indiana University, it's been the motto since before I was born..............:(

Oh, and for my CUBS too.............:(

There's always next year!

That's what we've been telling ourselves for years. Until that time arrives, our new song is....

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hARtHm3Id1M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hARtHm3Id1M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I was cheering for the Lions today.

They still weren't as bad as the Bucs in the 70s who lost 26 games in a row.

I'm am a Michigander/Lions fan.

Do you all know that most of us were rooting for them to lose all 16? Why not? Why shouldn't the owner, managers and coaches not get that black mark on their record? It doesn't reflect on us fans, but it does reflect on the Lions ownership/management, and they deserve it. We filled the Silverdome for how many years? Do you all know how many seats the Silverdome had? We did our part as fans.

This is the culmination of YEARS of bad decisions/management. This is what they deserve. So now maybe they'll make the necessary steps towards winning. Ford, sell the fucking team!!!

And now we'll get a bunch of 1st and 2nd round picks. I hope they don't blow it like they have the last 30 years.

They better not draft a QB, running back or wide receiver. They better draft a bunch of offensive and defensive monsters. First of all, no great QB will come and play for Detroit. I think Eli Manning and Dion Sanders both warned Detroit not to draft them.

But if you get a big bad ass offensive line, then great QB's, Running backs and wide receivers will want to play for us. No superstar is going to fix this. We need a bunch of big bad ass bodies to protect our QB. Any QB in the NFL can be good if given the protection.

And I'll be a fan next year. I won't pay for season tickets, but I'll watch on tv. If they win their first game, then I'll start rooting for them again. If they lose, then I'll continue to watch, but I'll be rooting against them. If they want me and others to start spending money on them again, then they have to have a winning record. I'm not paying for 8 & 8. Fuck that!

Can you believe they won every pre season game and then went 0 & 16? Amazing!!! The last few games have been fun to watch. They had a chance to win a few of their games this year and in typical fashion, they blew every one of them. It was fun to watch to be honest with you.

I'm getting a Jersey by the way:

OWEN

Also, with UofM, Michigan State, WNBA, Red Wings, Tigers & Pistons, Detroit has enough winning that we can afford this record on our sporting excellence.

I've seen 3 NBA champs in my 38 years, at least 2 champs from the WNBA, At least 4 Stanley cups, almost 3 world series from the Tigers in my life, and they won it in the late 60's, right before I was born, so 2, several national championships from msu and uofm in both basketball and football.

How many other states can say all that? Name your stanley cup years, your college national champs, your nba champs as well as your baseball and football teams.

Maybe Texas can do this? California maybe? Ny? Chicago? I don't know. Let me know if your state compares.

I keep saying that about the Mets. I'm sick and tired of their September collapse.

Yes, I would hate to be a Mets fan or Chicago cubs or Dallas Mavericks fan too because they've never won it. I don't care that the Lions went 0-16 as much as I care they NEVER WON IN MY LIFETIME! We had Barry Sanders for 10 years and never won? The last time we won, it wasn't called a Superbowl. :lol:

Yes, I would hate to be a Mets fan or Chicago cubs or Dallas Mavericks fan too because they've never won it. I don't care that the Lions went 0-16 as much as I care they NEVER WON IN MY LIFETIME! We had Barry Sanders for 10 years and never won? The last time we won, it wasn't called a Superbowl. :lol:

The Lions play football like you debate politics.

The Lions play football like you debate politics.

Yea, if you say something stupid to me after I pick up a 25 yards because your defense is weak, i'm dumb enough to punch you in the face and get the 15 yard penalty. Yea, I can see how I play like them.

And you remind me of Green Bay. Good enough to beat me but ONLY because we are in your stadium. And you aren't making the playoffs either so you suck too. Now we'll get better draft picks than you next year and start all over again.

You guys have been starting all over for more than a decade.

How many first round picks are you going to waste?

You guys have been starting all over for more than a decade.

How many first round picks are you going to waste?

No shit! I know! Read my first post. It says for Ford to sell the team.

My brother and I were reminising yesterday over Wayne Fontz. He was a joke, but the best we have had as far as a coach goes.

And Scott Mitchell. Remember him? Remember that era? We had Barry Sanders and Herman Moore and Mitchell passed for 400 yards a week. Slight exxageration. But even then it wasn't good enough. We came close once before with Billy Simms. Remember him? They were good. They even came out with a vido, Another One Bites the Dust by Queen. I thought they might win it all, but noooooo.:eusa_hand:

Yea, if you say something stupid to me after I pick up a 25 yards because your defense is weak, i'm dumb enough to punch you in the face and get the 15 yard penalty. Yea, I can see how I play like them.

And you remind me of Green Bay. Good enough to beat me but ONLY because we are in your stadium. And you aren't making the playoffs either so you suck too. Now we'll get better draft picks than you next year and start all over again.

Keep dreaming. I don't need a stadium to take down a witless nincompoop like you. Your new draft picks are the same as your old draft picks and you'll keep the same crappy, winless record you have now.

Forum List

Back