• all meds with deductibles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • only those events over a certain dollar amount

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
My druthers would be to put this in current events, but might get moved to some weird forum.

I'm guessing that most of us want the best health care we can get, for the least cost. We want the same for those younger than ourselves, be they our children or not.

So what is reasonable? I'm speaking to those with jobs, not the unemployed or never employed, or unemployed. Can you afford $500 a year? $100 a year?

What should that include? Fairly, c'mon, admit it, you know it.

All complaints and costs of meds?

Scheduled check ups and necessary meds? Or just the check up?

Poll to follow.

Insurance and deductibles should commence with a major event.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
As you pointed out on another thread, insurance used to be reserved for those things that you normally wouldn't expect. Regular well child check ups, physicals and Dr. visits were all things that people expected to pay out of pocket. Those costs used to be reasonable and basically affordable. When my children were small, I could take them for a check up and the price was between $35.00 and $50.00 dollars per visit. Since insurance expanded to cover well child check ups and visits, the prices have increased to well over $100.00 per visit. It's more and more difficult to find a doctor that isn't part of some conglomerate these days and it seems the conglomerates are part of the price increase. I think we need to work on getting back to a point where basic care is affordable so that insurance can once again be reserved for emergencies.

One of the reasons costs are so high is because people go to the doctor for every tiny little ache, pain, and sniffle.

I would be fine with insurance not covering well checks, some hypochondriac with a sneeze, a stubbed toe, etc.

I would be happy with health insurance not covering fat peope, drunk drivers, crack heads, and people who ride motorcycles. No prostitutes, no alchoholics, no race car drivers, no hollywood movie stars and no congressmen. That should bring down my premiums.

Forum List

Back