We are our own worst enemies.

Our biggest enemies are the Americans who have a vested interest in keeping us angry at each other and absolutely divided. Those whose "followers" buy into their simplistic absolutism, that "we" can never work with "them", that "we" must defeat "them". These people are creating an artificial egotism in their "followers" that is suffocating the very processes that made America great.

It's not a coincidence that America is sinking as these people are succeeding.

I heard the history of a colony north of the American colonies sometime in the late 17th century. (Not sure about the date.) The immediate food supply was running out and the climate was turning colder. Rather than relocate or change their living styles they became stricter in their religious customs. The history was told archaeologists not the people from the colony since every single member of the colony starved to death.

Indeed.

Thanks.

I didn't bring up the "back of the bus" comment, and I agree he didn't say it. But what he said meant precisely the same thing. I pretty clearly remember the sentiment (not quotes) being "we won, you lost, too bad", which was disappointing because I was hopeful about the legislative mix, at least at the time.

But after they acted that way, I didn't blame the GOP for being pissed. I think the Republicans sure as hell took it too far, but the Dems were acting this way pretty much right off the bat.

No, it doesn't mean the same thing. Saying "you don't get to drive the car" is not the same as saying "get to the back of the bus, n-word".

Oh, no. Now race gets dragged into it.

Never mind. End of conversation. I will not play that game.

The race card was played by the RW media that took the President's back SEAT OF THE CAR analogy and turned it into a "back of the bus" analogy. THEY put the racial connotations on it.

You know, the left has a tendency to overuse the race card, but some people overreact to race being brought up. Sure does give you an out to not address the rest of my post though doesn't it?

No, it doesn't mean the same thing. Saying "you don't get to drive the car" is not the same as saying "get to the back of the bus, n-word".

The race card was played by the RW media that took the President's back SEAT OF THE CAR analogy and turned it into a "back of the bus" analogy. THEY put the racial connotations on it.

You know, the left has a tendency to overuse the race card, but some people overreact to race being brought up. Sure does give you an out to not address the rest of my post though doesn't it?

Yes, the way the Left is constantly playing the race card pisses me off big time, on multiple levels, and is the biggest reason I cannot vote for a Democrat, and instead am stuck voting third party. So, correct, guilty as charged.

And you posted a couple of lefty opinion pieces/"articles". Not much to need an "out" over. I could post a couple of righty opinion pieces/"articles" and we'd be back to square one, ugh. I'm not going to have a writer create my opinions for me, I'll do that myself.

And I would never presume to attempt convincing a partisan Democrat, or attempting to get them to admit, that their party had done something wrong. Fortunately, I'm not quite as dumb as I look. Talk about a waste of time, same with a partisan Republican. I gave my opinion based on my observations, that's about it.

Last edited:
We've always had major differences in vision.

The difference is, in the past we've had "leaders" who were able to work through them by working together.

So for the record, you condemn Pelosi saying she wasn't considering Republican ideas because "we won" and Obama saying Republicans can sit "in the back of the bus?"

Gee, maybe we're so divided because people misrepresent what others say.

Pelosi's comment in regards to the Stimulus was:

“Yes, we wrote the bill. Yes we won the election, but that doesn’t mean we don’t want sustainability or Republican support,”

But the RW media bubble whittled it down to "we won, suck it".

As to the second, provide the quote.

isn't it convenient that you didn't post a link to your lie?

Yup, because I detest the values and morals people like you hold, not to mention the fact that I detest the direction you wish to take my nation. THAT'S MY POINT DUMBASS

Yeah, well that's just too fucking bad about you and your high minded values and morals now isn't it.

Yeah, too bad. AGAIN you ignoirant twit, THAT IS MY POIJNT. We are too far apart on too many issues to peacfully co-exist for much longer. Anyone that knows anything about human history can see the writing on the wall. This nation is headed towards a violent confrontation maybe even another civil war or revolution. I spent large chunks of my youth in a nation torn apart by sectarian violence and it's not something I wish for my nation, but I see it as inevitable and do my best to prepare for it. It's happening all over the world, not just in the muslim lands, but in decent and civilized nations also and Americans are no better or no worse than anyone else, just much better armed.

You are absolutely correct.

We've always had major differences in vision.

The difference is, in the past we've had "leaders" who were able to work through them by working together.

So for the record, you condemn Pelosi saying she wasn't considering Republican ideas because "we won" and Obama saying Republicans can sit "in the back of the bus?"

“Yes, we wrote the bill. Yes we won the election, but that doesn’t mean we don’t want sustainability or Republican support,”

"He said Republicans had driven the economy into a ditch and then stood by and criticized while Democrats pulled it out. Now that progress has been made, he said,
“we can’t have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don’t mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.”

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ans-its-there-turn-to-sit-in-back-of-bus.html

"He said Republicans had driven the economy into a ditch and then stood by and criticized while Democrats pulled it out. Now that progress has been made, he said,
“we can’t have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don’t mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.”

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ans-its-there-turn-to-sit-in-back-of-bus.html

Careful, that comment was turned into a race thing here. No, seriously.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that no matter what was said or done by a Republican the left would always find a way to throw down the race card. They've done a damn good job convincing me to vote white, it's in my own best interest. I'm with the OP too much has been said and done by libtards to divide this country, there is no turning back now. You can't take back the words.

Yes, the way the Left is constantly playing the race card pisses me off big time, on multiple levels, and is the biggest reason I cannot vote for a Democrat, and instead am stuck voting third party. So, correct, guilty as charged.

And you posted a couple of lefty opinion pieces/"articles". Not much to need an "out" over. I could post a couple of righty opinion pieces/"articles" and we'd be back to square one, ugh. I'm not going to have a writer create my opinions for me, I'll do that myself.

Again, if it had been "lefty" opinion pieces you'd have a point. Ornstein and Mann are hardly "lefty".

Are you denying the meeting took place, because the GOP isn't.

And I would never presume to attempt convincing a partisan Democrat, or attempting to get them to admit, that their party had done something wrong. Fortunately, I'm not quite as dumb as I look. Talk about a waste of time, same with a partisan Republican. I gave my opinion based on my observations, that's about it.

As do I...I just don't pretend it's not a partisan opinion.

They're trying to put ya'll back in chains wasn't playing the race card either right? You liberals are so full of crap it leaks from your mouth.

It wasn't here that the President's back SEAT of the CAR analogy got turned into something racial (which I have already pointed out), it was in the RW bubblesphere.

Beck: "Are we looking to settle old scores, here? Is that what's happening, Mr. President?" During the October 26 edition of his radio show, Glenn Beck aired audio from Obama's speech and asked, "So is this a back of the bus kind of analogy?" Beck later invoked the racial segregation of the 1950s and asked, "What is the difference?" He also stated, "Are we looking to settle old scores, here? Is that what's happening, Mr. President? Because I'm just wondering. It sounds like there is a time to settle old scores, which sounds to me like you're inciting people"[...]

Hannity claims Obama was making a reference to "the back of the bus." After airing a portion of Obama's remarks on the October 26 edition of his Fox News show (accessed via Nexis), Sean Hannity characterized Obama's statement as "talk about sit in the back of the bus." Hannity further stated, "I wonder if I, as a talk show host and a conservative commentator made such a reference." Fox News contributor Dana Perino and Fox Business host Stuart Varney said that Hannity would "be fired." Later, while interviewing Michael Steele, Hannity said, "President Barack Obama actually said Republicans can go to the back of the bus. I'm not sure if you heard the comment."

Varney: "I know the association that that was bringing to the public mind." Appearing on the October 26 edition of Hannity, Varney said that Obama's remarks were "offensive," adding, "when I looked at that, being foreign born, I know the association that that was bringing to the public mind ... It's unpresidential."

Johnson: Obama went "back 55 years and summoned the horrible image" of racial segregation. During the October 27 edition of Fox News' Fox & Friends, Fox News legal analyst Peter Johnson Jr. said Obama's comments about the car were "a peculiar and strange and haunting and really backward reference that we're seeing by the president and what we're really seeing is a reference to the notion of being in the back of the bus, and that's a matter of sad American history, embarrassing American history." Johnson added[...]

Crowley claimed Obama's remarks had "racial overtones." On the October 27 edition of Fox News' America Live, host Megyn Kelly said there is "brand new backlash" about Obama's "controversial comments." Fox News contributor Monica Crowley said Obama's analogy was "appalling" and that if it had been a Republican president, "there might even be a movement to impeach at this point, but this man gets away with it." Crowley added

But thanks for playing.

I'm afraid I don't care about the meeting. It has nothing to do with my opinion of the overall behavior of the Democrats in 2009/2010, and I don't know why it would.

I guess you're inferring that I'm a partisan Republican. Okay, evidently you don't know my thoughts and opinions on war, taxation, the economy, health care, gay rights or abortion, but we can run with that if you wish. Halloween's just around the corner, what the hell.

I'm afraid I don't care about the meeting. It has nothing to do with my opinion of the overall behavior of the Democrats in 2009/2010, and I don't know why it would.

Of course not. Why would the GOP having a meeting on the day of Obama's inauguration saying they would block EVERYTHING the President wanted to do, change your mind about Democrats saying they weren't going to let them. :rolleyes:

guess you're inferring that I'm a partisan Republican. Okay, evidently you don't know my thoughts and opinions on war, taxation, the economy, health care, gay rights or abortion, but we can run with that if you wish. Halloween's just around the corner, what the hell.

Partisan doesn't necessarily mean you belong to the two major parties.

Of course not. Why would the GOP having a meeting on the day of Obama's inauguration saying they would block EVERYTHING the President wanted to do, change your mind about Democrats saying they weren't going to let them. :rolleyes:

guess you're inferring that I'm a partisan Republican. Okay, evidently you don't know my thoughts and opinions on war, taxation, the economy, health care, gay rights or abortion, but we can run with that if you wish. Halloween's just around the corner, what the hell.

So you're saying it's the Republicans' fault that Obama said they had to sit in the back of the bus, that Pelosi said "we won", that the Dems acted the way they did? I don't like it when people put words in my mouth, so I don't want to do it to you. Is this what you're saying?

And maybe you can explain how I'm being partisan by expressing an opinion on one specific issue, on one specific period of time, thanks.

So you're saying it's the Republicans' fault that Obama said they had to sit in the back of the bus, that Pelosi said "we won", that the Dems acted the way they did? I don't like it when people put words in my mouth, so I don't want to do it to you. Is this what you're saying?

Wow...how did you get that? Before PELOSI said they would move forward with legislation, with or without Republicans (preferably with), the GOP had a meeting saying the would oppose the admin's legislative goals at all costs.

The President has used the analogy about not giving the keys to the CAR back to the GOP and that they can advise from the back seat.

Two different situations, both blown out of proportion and taken out of context by the RW.

And maybe you can explain how I'm being partisan by expressing an opinion on one specific issue, on one specific period of time, thanks.

Sometimes dislike can make you partisan against something, not for. Gotta get back to work

Last edited:
Well at least the leftist scum in this nation are.

If a Defense Department instructor dares to say the country is at war with Islam, he will swiftly find himself out of a job. On the other hand, stereotyping white people as racists or saying the American dream is a myth is rewarded with a diploma.

At issue is an online course called Power and Privilege offered by the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute, which Defense created to assist “its customers in optimizing their mission readiness and capabilities by promoting human dignity through equity education, diversity, cultural competency, research and consultation world-wide.” The institute has more than 30,000 uniformed and civilian graduates who are “maintaining the DOD reputation as a place where all individuals have infinite dignity and worth.”

Well, most individuals, anyway. Those who are not members of a protected minority group may find their dignity to be something less than infinite. Historian and documentary filmmaker David A. Stein took the Power and Privilege course and posted slides on the Republican Party Animals website. It definitely is a learning experience.

Read more here

Forum copyright policy, to be found HERE, prohibits posting of pieces in their entirety and requires a link to the source.

~Oddball

Piss off, wingnut. :)

Well at least the leftist scum in this nation are.

If a Defense Department instructor dares to say the country is at war with Islam, he will swiftly find himself out of a job. On the other hand, stereotyping white people as racists or saying the American dream is a myth is rewarded with a diploma.

At issue is an online course called Power and Privilege offered by the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute, which Defense created to assist “its customers in optimizing their mission readiness and capabilities by promoting human dignity through equity education, diversity, cultural competency, research and consultation world-wide.” The institute has more than 30,000 uniformed and civilian graduates who are “maintaining the DOD reputation as a place where all individuals have infinite dignity and worth.”

Well, most individuals, anyway. Those who are not members of a protected minority group may find their dignity to be something less than infinite. Historian and documentary filmmaker David A. Stein took the Power and Privilege course and posted slides on the Republican Party Animals website. It definitely is a learning experience.

Read more here

Forum copyright policy, to be found HERE, prohibits posting of pieces in their entirety and requires a link to the source.

~Oddball

Piss off, wingnut. :)

Fag says what?

Forum List

Back