We are our own worst enemies.

jtpr312

Sep 29, 2012
Md
Well at least the leftist scum in this nation are.

If a Defense Department instructor dares to say the country is at war with Islam, he will swiftly find himself out of a job. On the other hand, stereotyping white people as racists or saying the American dream is a myth is rewarded with a diploma.

At issue is an online course called Power and Privilege offered by the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute, which Defense created to assist “its customers in optimizing their mission readiness and capabilities by promoting human dignity through equity education, diversity, cultural competency, research and consultation world-wide.” The institute has more than 30,000 uniformed and civilian graduates who are “maintaining the DOD reputation as a place where all individuals have infinite dignity and worth.”

Well, most individuals, anyway. Those who are not members of a protected minority group may find their dignity to be something less than infinite. Historian and documentary filmmaker David A. Stein took the Power and Privilege course and posted slides on the Republican Party Animals website. It definitely is a learning experience.

Read more here

Forum copyright policy, to be found HERE, prohibits posting of pieces in their entirety and requires a link to the source.

~Oddball

Our biggest enemies are the Americans who have a vested interest in keeping us angry at each other and absolutely divided. Those whose "followers" buy into their simplistic absolutism, that "we" can never work with "them", that "we" must defeat "them". These people are creating an artificial egotism in their "followers" that is suffocating the very processes that made America great.

It's not a coincidence that America is sinking as these people are succeeding.

We're divided because we have two major groups in this nation that do NOT share the same visions, dreams, out look on life, sense of personal responisibilty, values or morals and are too far apart on these things to ever find the common ground needed to work together. I fear it will eventually lead to serious bloodshed in this nation not seen since the War of Northern Aggression.

We're divided because we have two major groups in this nation that do NOT share the same visions, dreams, out look on life, sense of personal responisibilty, values or morals and are too far apart on these things to ever find the common ground needed to work together. I fear it will eventually lead to serious bloodshed in this nation not seen since the War of Northern Aggression.

We've always had major differences in vision.

The difference is, in the past we've had "leaders" who were able to work through them by working together.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

The difference is, in the past we've had "leaders" who were able to work through them by working together.

So for the record, you condemn Pelosi saying she wasn't considering Republican ideas because "we won" and Obama saying Republicans can sit "in the back of the bus?"

So for the record, you condemn Pelosi saying she wasn't considering Republican ideas because "we won" and Obama saying Republicans can sit "in the back of the bus?"

Yes, the Dems' behavior in 2009/2010 earned them their losses in 2010, and those are two good examples.

Yes, the Dems' behavior in 2009/2010 earned them their losses in 2010, and those are two good examples.

Fair enough

Gee, maybe we're so divided because people misrepresent what others say.

Pelosi's comment in regards to the Stimulus was:

“Yes, we wrote the bill. Yes we won the election, but that doesn’t mean we don’t want sustainability or Republican support,”

But the RW media bubble whittled it down to "we won, suck it".

As to the second, provide the quote.

We're divided because of people like you.

If a Defense Department instructor dares to say the country is at war with Islam, he will swiftly find himself out of a job. On the other hand, stereotyping white people as racists or saying the American dream is a myth is rewarded with a diploma.

what led you to choose to become a professional douchepickle?

Yes, we are our own worst enemies. We make free trade agreements with countries that have no intention of having that trade be anything resembling free.....and we let them get away with it. Other countries piss us off enough to beat the shit out of them with our tax dollars.....but then we rebuild them....again....with our tax dollars and turn them into yet another global competitor/business partner. All to the DETRIMENT of our own country's people.

We have a government that is financially married to the most powerful businesses in the world and the people that run those businesses, while the rest of the citizenry struggles to make ends meet.

All I am saying is that there are much bigger issues than race and creed sensitivity under foot....and if you think that's why we are "our own worst enemy" you have a mighty fine set of blinders on, my friend.

At issue is an online course called Power and Privilege offered by the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute, which Defense created to assist “its customers in optimizing their mission readiness and capabilities by promoting human dignity through equity education, diversity, cultural competency, research and consultation world-wide.” The institute has more than 30,000 uniformed and civilian graduates who are “maintaining the DOD reputation as a place where all individuals have infinite dignity and worth.”

Well, most individuals, anyway. Those who are not members of a protected minority group may find their dignity to be something less than infinite. Historian and documentary filmmaker David A. Stein took the Power and Privilege course and posted slides on the Republican Party Animals website. It definitely is a learning experience.

The purpose of Power and Privilege is to give students “an understanding of how the misuse of power and privilege can lead to discrimination.” It seems like a worthy enough goal, but according to this course, it is only the members of the majority culture who misuse their power. Minorities lack any privileges.

A slide on socioeconomic privilege, “also known as classism or elitism,” according to the institute, features a picture of a happy-looking white family of four outside a middle-class home. In another context, this photo might be used to illustrate a positive concept such as the American dream. According to the institute, the “ideology of the American dream” is simply a manufactured idea used to keep the underclass in its place. It is part of the “myth of meritocracy,” which is the misguided “belief that people get out of the system what they put into it based on individual merit.” Only suckers fall for that one, according to this taxpayer-funded outfit.

Another photo intended to illustrate unearned privilege shows a foursome of white men playing golf. There is no sign of noted golfers of color like Tiger Woods or Barack Obama, but the symbolism fits the crude class-war stereotype on which much of this course is based. A slide on racism shows cartoon scales of justice weighted down on one side by the word “whites” with “Chinese,” “Indians” and “Negroes” on the other. It’s not clear to whom that slide is supposed to speak; it seems offensive to everyone.

The course also addresses the pressing issues of “sexual orientation privilege” and “religious privilege.” Religious privilege is not the ability of Muslim pressure groups to lobby the White House to fire military instructors who have offended their prickly sensibilities. Instead, the institute illustrates America’s overt religious bias with a picture of a store bearing a sign that says “Closed on Christmas Day.” Having that important day off is a “religious privilege.”

As members of Congress look for programs to cut in the upcoming Defense Department budget sequestration, they should exercise their power and privilege to end this boondoggle.

The Washington Times

Washington Times??

:lol::lol::lol:

No, they aren't. They aren't examples at all. Pelosi didn't say "we won, suck it" and the President NEVER told Republicans to get in the back of the bus.

Republicans on the other hand did say that their number one goal was to make President Obama a one term President. That's not divisive at all though...

No, they aren't. They aren't examples at all. Pelosi didn't say "we won, suck it" and the President NEVER told Republicans to get in the back of the bus.

Republicans on the other hand did say that their number one goal was to make President Obama a one term President. That's not divisive at all though...

Should the Republican's goal be to get Obama re-elected?

Buddy boy, you guys started that little dust up. And we finished it. The Union was preserved, for the betterment of all.

As far as the bloodshed that you keep wishing for, is that what Jesus is telling you to wish for? Who do you plan to shoot in the name of Christ?

“Yes, we wrote the bill. Yes we won the election, but that doesn’t mean we don’t want sustainability or Republican support,”

Where is the part that was misrepresented? She said they won, and they wrote the bill, but Republicans can vote for the Democratic bill they wrote anyway.

Right, she said we won, we won't incorporate your ideas, but you can vote for it anyway. Sounds like "suck it" to me.

My God liberals are lazy. Here's a useful site: Google

"Obama back of the bus quote" will do it for you. I'll lead you to water, but i"m not going to hold your cup and burp you.

Where is the part that was misrepresented? She said they won, and they wrote the bill, but Republicans can vote for the Democratic bill they wrote anyway.

Right, she said we won, we won't incorporate your ideas, but you can vote for it anyway. Sounds like "suck it" to me.

No it doesn't. She said, quite plainly, that they wanted Republican support...they just didn't need it.

"Obama back of the bus quote" will do it for you. I'll lead you to water, but i"m not going to hold your cup and burp you.

Nice try, but I did that. See, he never actually said what is being claimed.

Fox News claims Obama invoked racial segregation with his car analogy

Should the Republican's goal be to get Obama re-elected?

No, their number one goal should have been working together to serve the American people.

No it doesn't. She said, quite plainly, that they wanted Republican support...they just didn't need it.

Nice try, but I did that. See, he never actually said what is being claimed.

Fox News claims Obama invoked racial segregation with his car analogy

OK, he said back seat, not back of the bus. A distinction without a difference.

Last edited:

Obama, 2009: Now that progress has been made, he said, "we can't have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

South Dakota Politics: Obama Sends Republicans to the back of the bus

The Democrats behaved terribly in 2009, from Pelosi's "we won" to Obama's "they gotta sit in back" to the non-stop spiking of the ball by the media and the pundits and the partisans. Then they paid the price in 2010.

Anyone who denies that is, well, in partisan denial.

Forum List

Back