We are minus 1.3 million jobs since Bush

Sort of spells out the need to have some sort of stipulation either limiting or eliminating the use of the filibuster.

I don't think you know what "cloture" means. It means to end the debate and have the vote. It's the opposite of fillibustering.

And the 96 times cloture has been invoked in the 3.5 Obama years is more than the 43 for all of Reagan's 2 terms. And it surpasses any equal Bush timetable.

he he he...Its cute when they think they know something.

Yea, you got called out and that's why you have no explanation and only a deflection. It's cool.

It's cool. We can change the subject then. Have you seen this movie? I think it's right up your alley.

saving-face.jpg

All this fillibuster talk can be said of any party in any political season. Do you actually have any examples of how the Republicans have majorly altered Obama's economic vision or do you just like spouting your nothingness smoke screen?

Apparently - that paragraph applies to Prick Fuck too.

All this fillibuster talk can be said of any party in any political season
Think you need to double check that. "double" is a key word here :p

U.S. Senate: Reference Home >

LOL - Even when libs think they're giving out throw away excuses, they turn out to be lies.

i guess some people have a hard time dealing with facts, instead of slogans.

From your own link:

Obama is referring to the increase in private-sector jobs from February 2010 to May 2012. He uses February 2010 as the starting point, because that was the low point for private employment at 106,773,000 jobs. It’s been going up ever since. Right now, it’s at 111,040,000 — an increase of 4,267,000 jobs, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

So, the president is correct about the number of jobs created in the last 27 months.

But overal, during his presidency it's a net loss. Why are you desperately trying to hide that?

It plays into the "recovery" scenario the President is painting. Apparently the scenario is accurate.

From your own link:

Obama is referring to the increase in private-sector jobs from February 2010 to May 2012. He uses February 2010 as the starting point, because that was the low point for private employment at 106,773,000 jobs. It’s been going up ever since. Right now, it’s at 111,040,000 — an increase of 4,267,000 jobs, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

So, the president is correct about the number of jobs created in the last 27 months.

But overal, during his presidency it's a net loss. Why are you desperately trying to hide that?

It was 3.3 million jobs during that time. They are still doing fuzzy math to get the 4.1. I can't remember. I knew, but either way it was a lie so I don't care.

Have you heard pundits saying that jobs are up 4.1 million under BO? That made me curious to look at the numbers. So I did.

Here is the Bureau of Labor Statistics stats:

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

I put those numbers into a spread sheet and it is minus 1.3 million jobs since January, 2009. So don't listen to the media's lies that Obama is creating jobs.

Your math is off. You included the data cell for January, which is the Dec-Jan change. And the Dec-Jan change was -818,000 (and that's mostly due to re-benchmarking and not a real change). So the actual Jan 2009 to June 2012 change in seasonally adjusted total non-farm payroll jobs is -473,000. But that's all state and local government. Private Sector change is +160,000

Short version: Under Obama we lost 4.3 million total non-farm jobs (-4.2 private sector) and have gained back 3.8 million (4.4 private sector)

Note that while Bush left office with a gain of 1.1 million total non-farm jobs, that was all government. For Private Sector he was down 646,000

Last edited:
From your own link:

That came from your fellow traveler's own link!!!!! :cuckoo:

From your own link:

That came from your fellow traveler's own link!!!!! :cuckoo:

You are BOTH correct. In the last 27 months (since Feb 2010) Non-farm payroll jobs have ,ncreased by 3.8 million jobs, and the private sector increase has been 4,372,000 (no idea where you got the 11,040,000 number from...not from BLS.

But it is also correct that the current level of total non-farm payroll jobs is still lower than January 2009, though Private Sector is up.

Forum List

Back