We are minus 1.3 million jobs since Bush

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Have you heard pundits saying that jobs are up 4.1 million under BO? That made me curious to look at the numbers. So I did.

Here is the Bureau of Labor Statistics stats:

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

I put those numbers into a spread sheet and it is minus 1.3 million jobs since January, 2009. So don't listen to the media's lies that Obama is creating jobs.

Have you heard pundits saying that jobs are up 4.1 million under BO? That made me curious to look at the numbers. So I did.

I put those numbers into a spread sheet and it is minus 1.3 million jobs since January, 2009. So don't listen to the media's lies that Obama is creating jobs.

And how about all those new cases of people on Disability since Obama took office? Way to go BO. :clap2: Job Disability Rolls Rise During Recession

Actually they say private sector jobs are up 4 million in the last 27 months, which dishonest CON$ervoFascists change into what you said.

Everyone knows that jobs are a LAGGING indicator and were continuing to decline due to the GOP policies that created the Bush Depression even after the day the complete failure left office.

Last edited:

And how about all those new cases of people on Disability since Obama took office? Way to go BO. :clap2: Job Disability Rolls Rise During Recession
Yeah, how dare those aging Boomer bodies break down with the passage of time! Don't they know they have to work, no matter how crippled they become, until they drop dead on the job. :mad:

Yeah, how dare those aging Boomer bodies break down with the passage of time! Don't they know they have to work, no matter how crippled they become, until they drop dead on the job. :mad:

If retirements and labor force was the issue then the unemployment rate would be at an all-time low. It’s not. Your point is an outright fabrication. There might be more people retiring BUT there are still far too few jobs available even AFTER retirement.

Actually they say private sector jobs are up 4 million in the last 27 months, which dishonest CON$ervoFascists change into what you said.

Everyone knows that jobs are a LAGGING indicator and were continuing to decline due to the GOP policies that created the Bush Depression even after the day the complete failure left office.

Yeah 4 million jobs, suuure and we have had 8+% for the entire Obama term......hmmmmm
Funny how other Presidents tended to get out of horrible economic problems after 2 years, but now we're working on 4 with no recovery in sight!

EXCUSE alert....now we have an excuse, so we know, YOU know your entire 4 million jobs was bullshit....nice one!

Yeah 4 million jobs, suuure and we have had 8+% for the entire Obama term......hmmmmm
Funny how other Presidents tended to get out of horrible economic problems after 2 years, but now we're working on 4 with no recovery in sight!
They didn't have an obstructionist GOP doing everything they can to prevent or at least slow any recovery, as you well know but would never be honest to admit.

ACTUALLY, they say Obama has CREATED 4 million private sector jobs

In the last 27 months. CON$ can never tell the WHOLE truth.

In the last 27 months. CON$ can never tell the WHOLE truth.

Is that created or "saved", you know the new stat just to make Obama look better (it's not really helping though)

:clap2:

From your own link:

Obama is referring to the increase in private-sector jobs from February 2010 to May 2012. He uses February 2010 as the starting point, because that was the low point for private employment at 106,773,000 jobs. It’s been going up ever since. Right now, it’s at 111,040,000 — an increase of 4,267,000 jobs, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

So, the president is correct about the number of jobs created in the last 27 months.

Well since I still have my spread sheet up. 3.3 million overall jobs in the last 27 months. But before you get a hard-on; jobs have rise by 200k a month to keep up with population growth. So Obama would still be behind the 8 ball by 2.1 million jobs.

They didn't have an obstructionist GOP doing everything they can to prevent or at least slow any recovery, as you well know but would never be honest to admit.

How are GOP obstructionists when Democrats are the one putting the red tape on business? When Obama's EPA is bragging about hanging businesses. When Obama is burying us in debt? I really don't want to sing the GOP's praises, but you are a dumbfuck and you have no leg to stand on.

From your own link:

Obama is referring to the increase in private-sector jobs from February 2010 to May 2012. He uses February 2010 as the starting point, because that was the low point for private employment at 106,773,000 jobs. It’s been going up ever since. Right now, it’s at 111,040,000 — an increase of 4,267,000 jobs, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

So, the president is correct about the number of jobs created in the last 27 months.

So he did shit to get it to its low point and then he counted up from what jobs would naturally be created for population growth anyways? That's supposed to be an accomplishment? It's like a basketball team losing by 20, but they were down 35 and they brag that they outscored the other team by 15.

Forum List

Back