We are living in the Confederacy.

Nuc said:
"We"? I didn't know the Warmoth factory was located in the South!

Thanks for mentioning that place. I had never even heard of it before. I spent two hours yesterday looking at their site. I've got a great bass picked out for myself. Now I just need about $1600 bucks!!! :D

gop_jeff said:
Thanks for mentioning that place. I had never even heard of it before. I spent two hours yesterday looking at their site. I've got a great bass picked out for myself. Now I just need about $1600 bucks!!! :D

If you call them they might give you a tour. It's wonderful. I don't think you need to spend $1600 to get something good, especially if you put it together yourself.

Nuc said:
If you call them they might give you a tour. It's wonderful. I don't think you need to spend $1600 to get something good, especially if you put it together yourself.

That's the thing... if I place an order, I want to go pick up a bass that is ready to play.

And $1600 gets me a 5-string bass, swamp ash body with "transparent" paint job, a maple nexk with a 24-fret rosewood fretboard, active electronics, etc. Top of the line stuff, which is what I would want if I were to order a custom made bass.

gop_jeff said:
That's the thing... if I place an order, I want to go pick up a bass that is ready to play.

And $1600 gets me a 5-string bass, swamp ash body with "transparent" paint job, a maple nexk with a 24-fret rosewood fretboard, active electronics, etc. Top of the line stuff, which is what I would want if I were to order a custom made bass.

Depends on what kind of music you play. You can get a nice P-bass or Tele-bass with great hardware for about $6-700 from them which will kick ass. And something simple like that you can probably assemble yourself and then just have it set up at your local shop. I don't necessarily think that multiple pickups or active electronics make a bass better. Just different, and more expensive. The main thing about Warmoth is the quality of the wood they use and they also do a good job with the finish.

gop_jeff said:

Do you play upright at all?

The ClayTaurus said:
Do you play upright at all?

No, and I would like to learn, but I don't have the time to devote to it right now. I have seen electric uprights for as cheap as $600, so it's certainly feasible.

gop_jeff said:
No, and I would like to learn, but I don't have the time to devote to it right now. I have seen electric uprights for as cheap as $600, so it's certainly feasible.

Upright is literally the same as electric... but if you're gonna get one try and find one with gut strings... such a smooooth sound :)

Forum List

Back