We Are Like England, Circa 1940

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
Right now, Islamofascism is running rampant, and the U.S. as powerful as it is, cannot stop it alone. They hit us, and hit us hard. Everything since then has been blamed on us, as the other countries think they only get bombed for helping the U.S. This was England's position in WWII. In 1940, France was gone, Spain was in a revolution, Russia had a treaty, and the U.S. was twiddling its thumbs while scolding Japan and saying to itself that if we stayed out of the war, the war would leave us alone. England was out there...alone...fighting back the oncoming storm as best it could, but mainly just managing to survive. There were even some who said England should just make peace with the Nazis and agree to leave alone if left alone. They didn't see any hope until 1941. Russia got invaded, then the United States got Pearl Harbor. Now, the Axis powers had a real fight on their hands, and in 4 years, they were all defeated. Right now, we're England, fighting back WWIII while the rest of the world refuses to acknowledge that this is even their fight. I just hope we can skip the Pearl Harbors and sneak attacks of 1941 and skip straight into 1942 butt-kicking mode.

WWIII is nigh, and just like the great conflicts before it, nobody really believes it. I'm not sure I believe it, myself, but it sure is scary...especially to somebody like me, who's draft age. Unfortunately, others who are draft age want appeasement rather than something that works.

Hobbit said:
Right now, Islamofascism is running rampant, and the U.S. as powerful as it is, cannot stop it alone. They hit us, and hit us hard. Everything since then has been blamed on us, as the other countries think they only get bombed for helping the U.S. This was England's position in WWII. In 1940, France was gone, Spain was in a revolution, Russia had a treaty, and the U.S. was twiddling its thumbs while scolding Japan and saying to itself that if we stayed out of the war, the war would leave us alone. England was out there...alone...fighting back the oncoming storm as best it could, but mainly just managing to survive. There were even some who said England should just make peace with the Nazis and agree to leave alone if left alone. They didn't see any hope until 1941. Russia got invaded, then the United States got Pearl Harbor. Now, the Axis powers had a real fight on their hands, and in 4 years, they were all defeated. Right now, we're England, fighting back WWIII while the rest of the world refuses to acknowledge that this is even their fight. I just hope we can skip the Pearl Harbors and sneak attacks of 1941 and skip straight into 1942 butt-kicking mode.

WWIII is nigh, and just like the great conflicts before it, nobody really believes it. I'm not sure I believe it, myself, but it sure is scary...especially to somebody like me, who's draft age. Unfortunately, others who are draft age want appeasement rather than something that works.

Many people, in many countries are very ill informed by a media that is hostile to the US. However, the leaders of most of these countries understand things better than their masses. Also, however, they have to appease the masses in certain matters, or they dont get re elected.

What occurs, is behind the scenes, these countries, via ambassadors and the such, give us alot of support, via back doors and the such. They also work out many treaties and agreements that give us help in many ways that are "behind the scenes" so they dont upset their "constituency" too much.

MOST countries, including many in the middle east, like Jordan, still strive for good relations with the US, because in spite of popular opinion, and in spite of the "supposed" economic juggenaut China has become, we are still the economic engine that drives the world. I was reading some interesting statistics on engineers, money invested, top universities, and the US is still way ahead. In fact, in terms of the worlds GNP, our percentage is higher today than it was forty years ago, in spite of the growth of japan and china.

When the rubber hits the road, these countries still want good economies and cell phones, tv's , pc's and toyotas built in America :) in their driveways.

LuvRPgrl said:
Many people, in many countries are very ill informed by a media that is hostile to the US. However, the leaders of most of these countries understand things better than their masses. Also, however, they have to appease the masses in certain matters, or they dont get re elected.

What occurs, is behind the scenes, these countries, via ambassadors and the such, give us alot of support, via back doors and the such. They also work out many treaties and agreements that give us help in many ways that are "behind the scenes" so they dont upset their "constituency" too much.

MOST countries, including many in the middle east, like Jordan, still strive for good relations with the US, because in spite of popular opinion, and in spite of the "supposed" economic juggenaut China has become, we are still the economic engine that drives the world. I was reading some interesting statistics on engineers, money invested, top universities, and the US is still way ahead. In fact, in terms of the worlds GNP, our percentage is higher today than it was forty years ago, in spite of the growth of japan and china.

When the rubber hits the road, these countries still want good economies and cell phones, tv's , pc's and toyotas built in America :) in their driveways.

Yeah, America is the cornerstone of the world...well...pretty much everything. I'm glad that we at least get some support, but I wish the media would wake up, then wake the people up, to the fact that if we fall, they're next, and you can't attack an Islamic government with a local paper and live.

Hobbit said:

I can't say I disagree with anything you are saying. But this war wont be as easy as WWII. We don't have any clearly defined enemy here. And short of outright genocide of the middle east there is no way anyone would ever be sure we won. And I know I could never go for such extreme measures.

But we have to fight.

I can't say I disagree with anything you are saying. But this war wont be as easy as WWII. We don't have any clearly defined enemy here. And short of outright genocide of the middle east there is no way anyone would ever be sure we won. And I know I could never go for such extreme measures.

But we have to fight.

Sure we do. But no one wants to admit it.

Forum List

Back