CDZ We are less than 6 months from the next General Election

Until the Democrats play on a level field, i.e, not do to future contenders like they did Bernie Sanders, then how can they be trusted by their rank and file

-Geaux

The Democratic Party needs to stop the refrain of "ain't Trump awful" and speak directly to our citizens on what they feel needs to be changed, why, and what will replace it.

Trump may have all but destroyed the Republican Party, with the obvious help of the NRA and Ryan's Tax Fraud. But, the constant attack on Trump, Ryan, McConnell and the Republican Party is a refrain that falls on deaf ears, most American's want to see a Congress which works together and is not ideological, a Congress to define our problems, explain their etiology and means to mitigate or resolve them for We the People.

A Congress that opens its session with the reading of the Preamble to our Constitutution, and making clear to each member their duty is to seek to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity.
Trump did not destroy the GOP, he redefined it. It is the other party that was destroyed and as you suggest, are desperately trying to redefine themselves beyond being snowflakes upset with Trump.
Awful lot of GOP Congressmen not seeking re-election

Trump is having an effect

If Dems don't vote, they deserve everything they get - which will be lose most of what they've worked for.

rats.jpg
The problem is even if Democrats do vote, it will likely have no effect.

Democrats must defend too many seats in the Senate – some 25 – in addition to flipping Republican held seats.

And in House races, as usual, the gerrymandered districts in red states will offset any increase in Democratic votes.

Indeed, Democrats will win neither the House nor Senate this November.

Democrats need to go back to basics and start winning local state elections, take control of state governments, if they hope to consistently win mid-term and General Elections.

Democrats and independents who don't go to the polls in their state will allow chaos to continue as well as the war the R. Party has imposed on civil liberties.

Until the Democrats play on a level field, i.e, not do to future contenders like they did Bernie Sanders, then how can they be trusted by their rank and file

-Geaux

Do you recall what Trump did in his ride to the Nomination? Clearly the rank and file trust Trump, and only those they have labeled RINO's realize how big a mistake the party made at their convention.

-Geaux

Do you recall what Trump did in his ride to the Nomination? Clearly the rank and file trust Trump, and only those they have labeled RINO's realize how big a mistake the party made at their convention.

Yes I do recall. He completely destroyed 12 members of the failed party.

-Geaux

The Democratic Party needs to stop the refrain of "ain't Trump awful" and speak directly to our citizens on what they feel needs to be changed, why, and what will replace it.

Trump may have all but destroyed the Republican Party, with the obvious help of the NRA and Ryan's Tax Fraud. But, the constant attack on Trump, Ryan, McConnell and the Republican Party is a refrain that falls on deaf ears, most American's want to see a Congress which works together and is not ideological, a Congress to define our problems, explain their etiology and means to mitigate or resolve them for We the People.

A Congress that opens its session with the reading of the Preamble to our Constitutution, and making clear to each member their duty is to seek to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity.

I don't want them to define it. Identify the issues, yes. However, when they attempt to define it they miss the mark. Hell, reading the bills is clearly too much to ask.

Most members of Congress who vote on a bill never read it, they receive an executive summary and a note from their party leader how they are expected to vote (or at threat from the party whip if resist).

Definitions are important, they allow all parties in a discussion to be on the same page. In Copi's Intro to Logic Chapter 4 offers five purposes of Definition:
  1. To increase vocabulary
  2. To eliminate ambiguity
  3. To clarify meaning
  4. To explain theoretically
  5. To influence attitudes

They need to read the bills. If all we are doing is discussing the ways that The Party has decided how it will go and is expecting a bunch of morons to nod up and down...........they don't get to define it. That is unacceptable and they have nothing to offer.

Definitions are important; however, when was the last time that the Congress exercised logic? Are you exercising logic if you just do what the little paper tells you to?

I don't want them to define it. Identify the issues, yes. However, when they attempt to define it they miss the mark. Hell, reading the bills is clearly too much to ask.

Most members of Congress who vote on a bill never read it, they receive an executive summary and a note from their party leader how they are expected to vote (or at threat from the party whip if resist).

Definitions are important, they allow all parties in a discussion to be on the same page. In Copi's Intro to Logic Chapter 4 offers five purposes of Definition:
  3. To clarify meaning

They need to read the bills. If all we are doing is discussing the ways that The Party has decided how it will go and is expecting a bunch of morons to nod up and down...........they don't get to define it. That is unacceptable and they have nothing to offer.

Definitions are important; however, when was the last time that the Congress exercised logic? Are you exercising logic if you just do what the little paper tells you to?

Have you ever read a bill? When I was training manager the Chief had me watch all the LE Bills on the Legislators Calendar and provide him with an executive summary. Reading a bill is not easy since they go through so many edits and the edits simply have a line drawn through them which requires absolute concentration. Even the final bill is written in lawyer expertise, and has all the extraneous verbiage which is exhausting but necessary to read.

3. To clarify meaning

Of course a Congress Critter does what s/he is told to do, by lobbyists, the leader and most especially the large donors such as the NRA who can (and will) sink their chance for reelection.

3. To clarify meaning

Have you ever read a bill? When I was training manager the Chief had me watch all the LE Bills on the Legislators Calendar and provide him with an executive summary. Reading a bill is not easy since they go through so many edits and the edits simply have a line drawn through them which requires absolute concentration. Even the final bill is written in lawyer expertise, and has all the extraneous verbiage which is exhausting but necessary to read.

Yes. Yes, I have. I know how. And if they can't then that is an issue. They have no business running. They need to be held accountable.

You have a bunch of dumbasses that can't be bothered to read what is being written and spending their time slamming the other party who also contain a bunch of dumbasses that can't bother to read what is being written. They beg for money to support people who have no clue but manage to keep the American public at each other's throats for...........celebrity status?

And you want the dumbasses to define the problem. Or you want the money behind them to define the problem.

Come on, now.

3. To clarify meaning

Yes. Yes, I have. I know how. And if they can't then that is an issue. They have no business running. They need to be held accountable.

You have a bunch of dumbasses that can't be bothered to read what is being written and spending their time slamming the other party who also contain a bunch of dumbasses that can't bother to read what is being written. They beg for money to support people who have no clue but manage to keep the American public at each other's throats for...........celebrity status?

And you want the dumbasses to define the problem. Or you want the money behind them to define the problem.

Come on, now.

"the money behind them is" THE PROBLEM!

3. To clarify meaning

Come on, now.

"the money behind them is" THE PROBLEM!

Then stop giving them a free pass. They don't read the bill because the lobbyists write the bills. We the people don't need that shit.
You have a bunch of people that hate each other over a bunch of nonsense--two gangs. The people need more.

Forum List

Back