We are getting hammered tonight....

Well the wind can bring all the leaves off the trees so I can do a fall clean up in one swoop. I doubt it will happen because that would just be too much luck for me.

I just don't want to trees to fall down on my house while we are in it. Now if we all leave the house then yeah go ahead TREES. LOL

Yep, the tree leaves are getting "hammered". :lol:
Nope, I have one tree in my yard that all the leaves are still green!!!!!!! TOO MANY TREES!!!!!!!!! I hate the fall now!

Well the wind can bring all the leaves off the trees so I can do a fall clean up in one swoop. I doubt it will happen because that would just be too much luck for me.

I just don't want to trees to fall down on my house while we are in it. Now if we all leave the house then yeah go ahead TREES. LOL

Yep, the tree leaves are getting "hammered". :lol:
Nope, I have one tree in my yard that all the leaves are still green!!!!!!! TOO MANY TREES!!!!!!!!! I hate the fall now!

I've got a few on the property line that are still all green, but they are evergreens, not deciduous. :cool:

SE Virginia here and we have coastal flood warning, flood watch, and wind advisory. They weathermen are calling anywhere from 4 to 6 inches or more they say of rain. It's been a steady rain since early morning and the ground has reached saturation point. Not worried about flooding in my area but am concerned about trees coming down.

That is your weather report from Terry in SE Virginia
Overout

I'm in Va. Beach.

Where are you, Chesapeake?
Gloucester, no and not from here, transplanted when hub retired from AF

Gloucester?

I wouldn't want to be going across the James River bridge tonight.

I hope it is a cool storm. I love the storms here in Tampa as long as everyone is safe and no damage to property.

Stay safe and dry.

Immie

Oh yeah... I was in hurricane Elena back when I was stationed at Mac Dill AFB in Tampa. I lived a couple blocks north of Kennedy in a block house. I was high and dry although there was lots of local flooding. I thought it was a cool experience.

Gloucester, no and not from here, transplanted when hub retired from AF

Gloucester?

I wouldn't want to be going across the James River bridge tonight.
No not the James River bridge, the Coleman bridge and I'm not going anywhere! I'm locked inside.

Sorry, the Coleman bridge was the one I was thinking of.

I drove over to Glouster one day and I didn't know about that bridge, and it suprised the blank out of me. That's one scary bridge.

it was about 85 were i am at......:cool:.....we can use some of that moisture.....send a little out here .....ill send ya some sunshine....

Lost power for 3 hours, just came back on a little while ago. Steady light rain still, that hasn't stopped at all in the last 2 days. The front is moving more westward now and predicting in my area to get another 10 to 12 inches of rain. Wind is steady at only 24mph. Puddles in my yard but nothing to worry about.

That's the weather update in my area.

Lost power for 3 hours, just came back on a little while ago. Steady light rain still, that hasn't stopped at all in the last 2 days. The front is moving more westward now and predicting in my area to get another 10 to 12 inches of rain. Wind is steady at only 24mph. Puddles in my yard but nothing to worry about.

It's blowing like crazy here, but the little woman is fixing dinner, and we are warm and dry.

It's blowing like crazy here, but the little woman is fixing dinner, and we are warm and dry.
My power keeps going out...high winds here too. I have no idea about rain because I'm not going out side not even a foot to find out. My yard has loads of leaves and small twigs from my trees. However I have a lot of leaves remaining on the trees dang it.

I heard today that the Water was over the top of the bay bridge. They closed it this morning because of that, and of course high winds. James River bridge is closed. Hubby went to work, after one hour they closed and sent everyone home.

I'm waiting for Wavy News to see the rain totals and pictures of different areas. I'm sure Gloucester will not be mentioned because we never are! :lol:

My power keeps going out...high winds here too. I have no idea about rain because I'm not going out side not even a foot to find out. My yard has loads of leaves and small twigs from my trees. However I have a lot of leaves remaining on the trees dang it.

I heard today that the Water was over the top of the bay bridge. They closed it this morning because of that, and of course high winds. James River bridge is closed. Hubby went to work, after one hour they closed and sent everyone home.

I'm waiting for Wavy News to see the rain totals and pictures of different areas. I'm sure Gloucester will not be mentioned because we never are! :lol:

I was watching Wavy News a little while ago. I like Don Slater.

One of my friends went to Hampton today, and she said the waves were splashing up on the HRBT on her way back.

I was watching Wavy News a little while ago. I like Don Slater.

One of my friends went to Hampton today, and she said the waves were splashing up on the HRBT on her way back.
My son had to call in from work..his area is under water. He lives by Best Buy off Jefferson Ave.

New Topics

Forum List

Back