We are getting hammered tonight....

I hope it is a cool storm. I love the storms here in Tampa as long as everyone is safe and no damage to property.

Stay safe and dry.

Immie

SE Virginia here and we have coastal flood warning, flood watch, and wind advisory. They weathermen are calling anywhere from 4 to 6 inches or more they say of rain. It's been a steady rain since early morning and the ground has reached saturation point. Not worried about flooding in my area but am concerned about trees coming down. http://www.weather.com/weather/aler...ificance=W&areaid=VAZ084&office=KAKQ&etn=0002

That is your weather report from Terry in SE Virginia
Overout

....by tropical storm Ida.

Never felt a real hurricane, have you?

Category 1.

Charlie, I think it was, a few years back. They told us it was likely to be coming right up the mouth of Tampa Bay, in other words, right through my front door. We decided it was time to high tail it out of here and drove the 2 hours to my brother's house in Sebring. Walked in the door, sat down, turned on the tv and they said it made a right turn at Punta Gorda and people in Sebring had better be battening down the hatches.

It was cool, we stood out on the front porch and watched the storm go overhead.

Immie

"Hammered". LOL.

I'm in Atlanta. The ground is literally saturated from the storms and flooding in September and we've had rainfall from Ida for the past 24+ hours at rates of 1" per hour and more in the Atlanta area. Theres NO place for the water to go.

We've got flooding here again -- just like we had in September (when we lost our house and most of the stuff in it).

I'm SO glad we're in an apartment. This time its not my problem. It's management's.

Our apartment flooded from Ida--but only minorly. The living room and two of the three bedrooms now need new carpet and pad and to be waterproofed/sealed up. But that's no big deal. SO GLAD we're not in our old house.....its in the same shape as last September. :(

Atlanta....THAT is "hammered" by Ida.... :eusa_naughty:

SE Virginia here and we have coastal flood warning, flood watch, and wind advisory. They weathermen are calling anywhere from 4 to 6 inches or more they say of rain. It's been a steady rain since early morning and the ground has reached saturation point. Not worried about flooding in my area but am concerned about trees coming down. http://www.weather.com/weather/aler...ificance=W&areaid=VAZ084&office=KAKQ&etn=0002

Overout

I'm in Va. Beach.

Where are you, Chesapeake?

SE Virginia here and we have coastal flood warning, flood watch, and wind advisory. They weathermen are calling anywhere from 4 to 6 inches or more they say of rain. It's been a steady rain since early morning and the ground has reached saturation point. Not worried about flooding in my area but am concerned about trees coming down.

Overout

I'm in Va. Beach.

Where are you, Chesapeake?
Gloucester, no and not from here, transplanted when hub retired from AF

Last edited:
Well the wind can bring all the leaves off the trees so I can do a fall clean up in one swoop. I doubt it will happen because that would just be too much luck for me.

I just don't want to trees to fall down on my house while we are in it. Now if we all leave the house then yeah go ahead TREES. LOL

Well the wind can bring all the leaves off the trees so I can do a fall clean up in one swoop. I doubt it will happen because that would just be too much luck for me.

I just don't want to trees to fall down on my house while we are in it. Now if we all leave the house then yeah go ahead TREES. LOL

Yep, the tree leaves are getting "hammered". :lol:

Forum List

Back