We are Broke

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Cavuto: We Are Broke - Fox News Video - Fox News

So I'm hearing the president from Hawaii, no less, say we have to spend a billion bucks on health care jobs... That it's a good strategic investment.

Then Republicans on that Super Committee bemoaning "any" defense cuts... Because they're a good strategic investment.

Then Democrats on that same committee ripping so much as curbing a single dollar in entitlement spending because they're long-term strategic investments.

And I’m thinking to myself, what part of "broke" don't any of these guys understand?

You can't be strategic with your money when you have no money.

And you can't invest in the future when you're flat broke now.

Yet they all merrily make these commitments with cash we don't have, but in the face of enormous bills from which we now can't run.

Because here's the thing about being out of money... You're also out of options.

Yet they're all so cocky... With our cash.

...ripping a credit agency for dare downgrading our debt.

The line I loved the most at the time was from a congressman who told me with a straight face that S & P was stupid to cut our triple-A rating, when it knew we could always keep printing money to pay our bills!!

Talk about stupid.

These guys gotta wake up and see where we are. Not where they "think" we are.

We... Are broke.

We... Are poor.

We couldn't strategically invest spit right now.

Read more: Cavuto: We Are Broke - Common Sense - Your World with Cavuto - Fox News

Sad but true.

So I'm hearing the president from Hawaii, no less, say we have to spend a billion bucks on health care jobs... That it's a good strategic investment.

Then Republicans on that Super Committee bemoaning "any" defense cuts... Because they're a good strategic investment.

Then Democrats on that same committee ripping so much as curbing a single dollar in entitlement spending because they're long-term strategic investments.

And I’m thinking to myself, what part of "broke" don't any of these guys understand?

Yet they all merrily make these commitments with cash we don't have, but in the face of enormous bills from which we now can't run.

Because here's the thing about being out of money... You're also out of options.

The line I loved the most at the time was from a congressman who told me with a straight face that S & P was stupid to cut our triple-A rating, when it knew we could always keep printing money to pay our bills!!

Talk about stupid.

We... Are broke.

We... Are poor.

Read more: Cavuto: We Are Broke - Common Sense - Your World with Cavuto - Fox News

Sad but true.

Cavuto is such a moron. The day after S&P "downgraded" U.S. Debt, treasuries prices went UP - that's basically the market saying "Hey guess what S&P, you're full of shit!"

Talk about stupid.

We... Are broke.

We... Are poor.

Sad but true.

Cavuto is such a moron. The day after S&P "downgraded" U.S. Debt, treasuries prices went UP - that's basically the market saying "Hey guess what S&P, you're full of shit!"
Guess what, lib.......Your boy broke us, fucked up our credit rating, and doesn't have a clue as to what the fuck he is doing, PERIOD!

The "MORONS" are those who contiue to shill for that inept son of a bitch, and CHOOSE to live with their heads firmly planted up their boney lil' asses.

WTFU!:evil:

Talk about stupid.

We... Are broke.

We... Are poor.

Sad but true.

I heard the other day that our exports are actually up too.

The USA is a going concern.

We are in debt, but obviously not yet BROKE.

If we were broke, the flight of capital wouldn't be landing on US debt instruments.

Cavuto is an hysterical fear mongering tool.

If we were broke, the flight of capital wouldn't be landing on US debt instruments.

He also completely discounts all the assets owned directly by the USA.

Talk about stupid.

We... Are broke.

We... Are poor.

Sad but true.

Yeah, I figured that out back in 1997 when I was wet under my ears....

The voyage for the truth began :lol:

The Fed has it rigged so it looks like foreigners are buying US debt even when they are buying it.

I am no longer on the debt train. I own a lot of gold & property. As for the rest of you without gold, you cross into 100% of Debt to GDP ratio in 5 days.

BTW - Democracy Ends When Your Country Goes Bankrupt FDR was a dictator.

I heard the other day that our exports are actually up too.

Don't know what happened but define "broke" i.e. is there something different from a state where there are more debts then assets?
If so then "who is broke"? THE USA??
Check out this site based on 2008 statistics which is probably now 20% less!
BUT
Total GDP of USA for next 75 years... $797 trillion
US Debt, Social security,Medicare for next 75 years: $70 trillion.

HMM nearly 10 times value of GDP versus obligations..

The National Balance Sheet of the United States | Newsburglar

Attachments

• $USAassets.png
    $USAassets.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 111
Social Security, Medicare, Prescription Drugs = $116 Trillion in Unfunded Liabilities.

It is not just the Federal Government that is broke in this country. States, Counties & Cities are also Broke.

Jefferson County, Alabama declares Biggest Municipal Bankruptcy in U.S. History

OK... OK.. I'll conceded $116 trillion in unfunded..
SO EVEN if we discount the future value of the USA gross domestic product by 20% over the next 75 years..
GDP projected size over next 75 years $797 Trillion but let decrease by 20%
GDP over 75 years: $637 Trillion!
Unfunded SS/Medicare/etc. over 75 years: $116 trillion

Still 5 times the amount of GDP to liabilities!

Again.. WHAT is the problem???

DEAL with FACTS not hysteria!!!

The National Balance Sheet of the United States | Newsburglar

Guess what, lib.......Your boy broke us, fucked up our credit rating, and doesn't have a clue as to what the fuck he is doing, PERIOD!

That's disingenuous. More debt was run up by the Republicans than the Democrats, although Obama is on track to break that record. He is just the straw that finally broke the camel's back. Bush 43 and Reagan are just as responsible for this debt mess.

We are not broke, There is another thread on this board having a fit that pentagon spending may take some substantial cuts. Over there we have plenty of money to spend on worthless junk and dead-end projects.

The Fed has it rigged so it looks like foreigners are buying US debt even when they are buying it.

How do they do that, exactly? Serious question.

I am no longer on the debt train. I own a lot of gold & property. As for the rest of you without gold, you cross into 100% of Debt to GDP ratio in 5 days.

I understand taking that position. If, as I think you fear, hyperinflation rears its ugly head, that is a good position to be in.

Right now, however, it seems to me that inflation isn't the problem we're really dealing with.

We are not broke, There is another thread on this board having a fit that pentagon spending may take some substantial cuts. Over there we have plenty of money to spend on worthless junk and dead-end projects.

40% of the money the federal government is spending is borrowed. If that's not the definition of broke then I don't know what is. You folks deny the truth because you don't want to deal with the reality that we can't afford all of your freebies.

That's disingenuous. More debt was run up by the Republicans than the Democrats, although Obama is on track to break that record. He is just the straw that finally broke the camel's back. Bush 43 and Reagan are just as responsible for this debt mess.

THAT IS A BIG F... LIE!" More debt was run up by the Republicans than the Democrats,"

GET your FACTS straight before you stupidly make a DUMB comment like that!

FACT FROM THE GOVT bureau of Economic Analysis!!!

LOOK IT UP!!!
U.S. Department of Commerce. Bureau of Economic Analysis

Total Expenditures 2001 to 2008: $33.618 trillion.

Total INCOME: 2001 to 2008 $28.320 trillion REVENUE

Total more paid out then came in: $5.298.

Average per year over 8 years: $662.25 billion

BUT 2009 through 2010:

Total expenditures from 2009 to 2010 $7,666.5 trillion

Total Income from 2009 to 2010 $10,261.5 trillion

Total more paid out then came in $2,595 Trillion

Average per year over 2 years: $1,297.5 Trillion!

IDIOT!!!! Which is 200% bigger
$1,297 Trillion or
$662 billion???

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

Also idiot.. WHO creates the budgets and approves the budgets?
THE HOUSE!
Who controlled the House from 2006 to 2010??? DEMOCRATS@!

Don't know what happened but define "broke" i.e. is there something different from a state where there are more debts then assets?
If so then "who is broke"? THE USA??
Check out this site based on 2008 statistics which is probably now 20% less!
BUT
Total GDP of USA for next 75 years... $797 trillion
US Debt, Social security,Medicare for next 75 years: $70 trillion.

Medicare and Social Security are not "debt."

But even if it were, last time I checked $797 trillion was more than ten times $70 trillion. As I'm sure we're not in THAT great shape, especially with you cooking the books by adding things on the debt side that don't belong there, obviously you screwed up on your figures.

Last edited:
40% of the money the federal government is spending is borrowed. If that's not the definition of broke then I don't know what is.

You don't know what is.

The U.S. debt/spending ratio was a good deal higher in 1945 than it is now, and the country was hardly "broke" then.

Everyday people sound more and more like Ron Paul... Btw Paul is the only person on the left or right running for President that offers cuts to get deficit spending under control. Paul is the only one willing to cut from everywhere rather than only from one source, like Reps wanting welfare cut (as they make more welfare programs) or Democrats that want military cuts (as they start more wars and expand old wars).

Forum List

Back