We are below 400,000 new unemployment claims. Yahoo!

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
The advance number of actual initial claims under state programs, unadjusted, totaled 392,842 in the week ending June 5, a decrease of 22,287 from the previous week. There were 581,092 initial claims in the comparable week in 2009.

We need not jump up and down that much, as we need to see if this number can be sustained for more than just one week.

We are working towards that MAGICAL 300,000 number. When we get close to it, we will probably be creating as many jobs as we are losing. Since the Federal Survey is so corrupt, we have no other means of knowing if the employment situation is improving.

The advance number of actual initial claims under state programs, unadjusted, totaled 392,842 in the week ending June 5, a decrease of 22,287 from the previous week. There were 581,092 initial claims in the comparable week in 2009.

We need not jump up and down that much, as we need to see if this number can be sustained for more than just one week.

We are working towards that MAGICAL 300,000 number. When we get close to it, we will probably be creating as many jobs as we are losing. Since the Federal Survey is so corrupt, we have no other means of knowing if the employment situation is improving.

I don't know where the folks that published the above numbers received their information.

The DOL reports on weekly unemployment insurance claims shows for the week ending June 5, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 456,000, a decrease of 3,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 459,000. The 4-week moving average was 463,000, an increase of 2,500 from the previous week's revised average of 460,500.

My money says the Economy is very weak with no Recovery in sight.

That term "INITIAL claims" is the kicker. Because people are getting extensions, and second extensions, and so on and so forth.

We've been told that even when applicants for state services are showing a zero balance for unemployment we are to assume they will receive an extension and count that income. Unemployment has turned into welfare. I wonder how long that can keep going if everyone is out of work?

I don't know where the folks that published the above numbers received their information.

The DOL reports on weekly unemployment insurance claims shows for the week ending June 5, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 456,000, a decrease of 3,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 459,000. The 4-week moving average was 463,000, an increase of 2,500 from the previous week's revised average of 460,500.

My money says the Economy is very weak with no Recovery in sight.

Pepe, my numbers come from the same Department of Labor report. The numbers I post are the actual numbers as they come in from the state. The numbers you posted are the imaginary numbers that the DOL makes up so they can keep people bamboozled. Supposedly, they are just averaging things out. What they are really doing is hiding the depths of the economic collapse. In January in one week, we had over 800,000 new applicants for unemployment insurance. That was almost one million in one week. That would average out to four million in one month. The DOL cut that back in their adulterated bamboozled report to the 400,000 range to keep the Sheeple placated.

I just go with the straight numbers as the states report them and leave it at that so the politics of this administration does not influence me.

The sub 400,000 number for last week was a valid number. It shows that we are getting close to normal. We are not there yet, but getting closer. It gives me a little bit of hope for the future.

That term "INITIAL claims" is the kicker. Because people are getting extensions, and second extensions, and so on and so forth.

We've been told that even when applicants for state services are showing a zero balance for unemployment we are to assume they will receive an extension and count that income. Unemployment has turned into welfare. I wonder how long that can keep going if everyone is out of work?

Baba, Those extension have run out for millions of Americans. They reached their maximum number of weeks (depending upon which state they were in) and have now run out of benefits. The DOL has dropped most of them from the Labor Force supposedly after they disappeared from the fictitious household survey that they claim they run. We have about fifteen to sixteen million people that the DOL says are not in the Labor Force who would work if there were any jobs that they were qualified for. There are an additional fifteen million who actively look for work but do not have jobs All told, we have over Thirty Million Americans who are out of work who wish they could work but have no prospect right now of getting a job because the jobs for them are not available.

It is about as bad as the Great Depression.

Last edited:

I know that my teenager is having a bitch of a time finding employment. And that twenty nurses who work in my facility are being laid off. Might not sound like many, but this is the third round of lay-offs in two years.

I know that my teenager is having a bitch of a time finding employment. And that twenty nurses who work in my facility are being laid off. Might not sound like many, but this is the third round of lay-offs in two years.

I guess close enough is no solace for those nurses. I feel sorry for them. After my middle daughter finished four years of college, she decided to sign up for a three year RN nursing program that cost umpteen thousands of dollars to complete. I did not have much hope for her landing a job as a beginning nurse, but she landed the very first one she applied for. As a teenager she had been a missionary to Romania and Papua New Guinea and felt led to work with the "less privileged" people of the Earth, so when she initially applied for a job, she applied to work with the native people in Alaska, where she is making $65,000 a year to fly to remote villages. On top of that they are paying off her student loans to the tune of Fifty Thousand a year as long as she keep working for them.

She is pure of heart, and sometimes things just work out for girls like her.

Forum List

Back