We Are At The Peak of TV Summer Doldrums --

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
-- and it's getting worse.

No good series on HBO or any other major cable entertainment source. Just a lot of re-runs of mediocre or third-rate junk movies and garbage programming from as far back as the sixties (e.g., Gunsmoke). As for the news channels, ABC, MSNBC and Fox, nothing but Trump, Trump, Trump, Clinton, Trump, Clinton, Trump, Trump, Trump -- 24 hours a day.

Turn the damn thing off!

Yup, just like the lousiest potatoes come just before harvest season. Good time for PBS.

Our affiliate is re-running Last Tango in Halifax, which is a hoot.

if you have netflix i suggest watching the first season of Aquarius... about charles manson & california during that time w/ david duchovny. season 2 was put on hold cause of the olympics & they are now playing catch up. great series on NBC sat nights new episodes for me!!! the second season will play in june/july on netflix next year.

$250 a month, and a million channels and damn near every one is Tom and Taniqa, Life with Mary and Bob, Kardasshington, Monique and Monica. Make it stop. I don't give a shit what those people will be doing tomorrow.
Clinton,Trump ad nauseam, and buy me channels. :eusa_doh:

The Trump-Clinton debates should change all that soon.
I am as interested in watching or hearing those debates as I would be in watching caged monkey throw shit at each other. Regardless which of those two is elected it's going to be bad for this Nation.

Bad.

Mike I really liked a couple of Netflix series, Really cool conspiracy type show ' Person of Interest '. Also Blue Bloods a NYPD cop series. Netflix cost us 8.99 a month.

We haven't had a tv channels or cable etc, in almost 22 years now. Don't miss a one of those 200 channels with nothing to watch.

Playtime, will have to check out Aquarius but I've sen all kinds of movies and documentaries on Manson, and the Laurel Vally Canyon where lots of the evil ones Mason hung out with lived. And is really a hug nest of murder and misery.

$250 a month, and a million channels and damn near every one is Tom and Taniqa, Life with Mary and Bob, Kardasshington, Monique and Monica. Make it stop. I don't give a shit what those people will be doing tomorrow.

Dumped my cable a few years ago.

1 put a $40 antenna in the attic
2. Hooked an old laptop up to the TV
3. Netflix, Amazon Prime and Sling TV through a Roku

Total of $40 a month and not missing cable a bit.

No good series on HBO or any other major cable entertainment source. Just a lot of re-runs of mediocre or third-rate junk movies and garbage programming from as far back as the sixties (e.g., Gunsmoke). As for the news channels, ABC, MSNBC and Fox, nothing but Trump, Trump, Trump, Clinton, Trump, Clinton, Trump, Trump, Trump -- 24 hours a day.

Turn the damn thing off!
Check out Mr. Robot. Best show on at the moment.

Turn the damn thing off!
Check out Mr. Robot. Best show on at the moment.

We agree on one thing! Best show I've watched in years. Stranger Things and Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell are right up there as well

Mike I really liked a couple of Netflix series, Really cool conspiracy type show ' Person of Interest '. Also Blue Bloods a NYPD cop series. Netflix cost us 8.99 a month.

We haven't had a tv channels or cable etc, in almost 22 years now. Don't miss a one of those 200 channels with nothing to watch.

Playtime, will have to check out Aquarius but I've sen all kinds of movies and documentaries on Manson, and the Laurel Vally Canyon where lots of the evil ones Mason hung out with lived. And is really a hug nest of murder and misery.

mad men
weeds
bloodline
frankie & grace
house of cards
walking dead
american horror story

all on netflix. we've never had cable or paid that bill. but we do have an enclosed antennae. i'm from CT & we can get in boston , providence & new york as well as the reg networks. we have netflix & movie on demand whenever we want that. & we have a roku that has youtube & other stuff plus FREE SPEECH TV. which = live progressive radio.

Blue Bloods,

Nice that 4 generations of this cop family still have dinner together, very unusual for today.

Thank you!

Dumped my cable a few years ago.

1 put a $40 antenna in the attic
2. Hooked an old laptop up to the TV
3. Netflix, Amazon Prime and Sling TV through a Roku

Total of $40 a month and not missing cable a bit.
How do you get the local weather forecast?

There are a few (very few) decent shows, but they're scarce.

CBS - Braindead. Spoof about alien bugs infecting politicians while Trump and Hillary campaign.
TNT - The Last Ship - the USA and the rest of the world have been decimated by a man-made disease. I think season finale is tonight.
TNT - Murder in the First - another crime drame and interracial undertones.
USA - Suits - one of my favorites
Syfy - Dark Matter - season finale on 9/9
Syfy - Killjoys - season over.

And, while a lot of my favorites return later this month, some of the trailers of new shows aren't that thrilling.

Forum List

Back