We Are ‘Apes,‘

Personally I think both stories dovetail beautifully. I think of the ape as the template for mankind but without a missing link and proof of the moment we made that transition from animal to a higher species it makes me wonder if man was imbued with a soul at the moment of transition by the creator Himself. I also wonder more and more if we didn't have help from somewhere else, you know, an evolutionary push we weren't doing on our own.
Yes, I know. Considering the possibility of Ancient Aliens helping along our evolution will get a lot of people mad but it is a possibility in my estimation and one I like to keep in the mix as my search for answers continues.

I believe men were men, even if at one time they were single celled amoebas. That would mean that the first "man" propagated by fission and Eve came from his side, which makes the Bible quite correct.

It has never been shown that humans and apes have a common primate ancestor. DNA sequencing is so sophisticated that canine DNA can be traced back to a common ancestor and all dogs are descended from wolves. There is a common canine ancestor. Not so with humans. With humans the best they can come up with is an ancestor that was ape-LIKE. A female wolf can, today, give birth to pups with a chihuahua father. There can be no human/ape offspring.

The very best that evolution can come up with is that mankind evolved from what it looked like at one time to what mankind looks like today but has never proven that mankind was one species and then evolved into another species.

Reminds me the Human Genome Project where Mitochodrial Eve was found, dating back some 6000 years. It's as if the Scientists were scratching up the side of this mountain only to reach the top and finding the Theologians who'd been there all along.:D

I believe men were men, even if at one time they were single celled amoebas. That would mean that the first "man" propagated by fission and Eve came from his side, which makes the Bible quite correct.

And yet, again there is no scientific evidence to support that idea (and it's a good one, by the way) and we are still left with a blank spot where that moment of transition occured.

Dawkins is going to have a rude awakening when he meets God.

You should probably realize that to an atheist, this sort of threat is equivalent to someone telling you that Captain Hook is going to torture you after you die if you like Peter Pan more than you like him.

God gives a desciription of what atheist will be doing when he comes.

Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed like a scroll when it is rolled together. And every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains.
Rev 6:16 And they said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him sitting on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;
Rev 6:17 for the great day of His wrath has come, and who will be able to stand?

like I said a rude awakening.lol

Believing in evolution, or even being an atheist, does not require any anti-religious bigotry. Dawkins is just whoring himself out for attention.

If you read the bible as your source for God, macroevolution most certainly is at odds with God.

Just as a literal rendering of the bible is at odds with the fact of an ancient earth and universe.

W.H Auden says 'thou shalt not read the Bible for it's prose.':D

Last edited:
You should probably realize that to an atheist, this sort of threat is equivalent to someone telling you that Captain Hook is going to torture you after you die if you like Peter Pan more than you like him.

Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed like a scroll when it is rolled together. And every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains.
Rev 6:16 And they said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him sitting on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;
Rev 6:17 for the great day of His wrath has come, and who will be able to stand?

The Bible was written by several different people (not God Himself) and like all stories the telling varies from person to person. These were primitive people whose only point of reference was fire and brimstone and horrible punishments for straying from the 'true' religion. The revelation was a MAN'S idea, and it's written the way HUMANS think, not the way an all seeing all loving God would think.

And if God is really like that I don't want to have anything to do with HIM because he's a psychopath.
MY God doesn't work like that.

"You'll get yours". A universally sustaining benediction for crackpots who use their religion like a bloody truncheon.

Yes and the atheists are some of the biggest fundies around professing with fervor their doctrine of evolution and nothingness, spewing it in classrooms and ramming it down everyones throat because they believe it's the only true way. Heaven forbid you disagree with their prophet Darwin and give possible alternate explainations and explore other possibilities. Higher beings, even though we ourselves are higher beings to other organisms, are fairy tales. When we die we enter into nothingness even though their own preachers of science say that energy can't be destroyed and of course we evolved from some primate even though it's based on is a theory. They mock everyone else even though their concept is just as unproven as Judaism,Christianity,Hindi,Buddism etc. Yup they will get theirs.

"You'll get yours". A universally sustaining benediction for crackpots who use their religion like a bloody truncheon.

Yes and the atheists are some of the biggest fundies around professing with fervor their doctrine of evolution and nothingness, spewing it in classrooms and ramming it down everyones throat because they believe it's the only true way. Heaven forbid you disagree with their prophet Darwin and give possible alternate explainations and explore other possibilities. Higher beings, even though we ourselves are higher beings to other organisms, are fairy tales. When we die we enter into nothingness even though their own preachers of science say that energy can't be destroyed and of course we evolved from some primate even though it's based on is a theory. They mock everyone else even though their concept is just as unproven as Judaism,Christianity,Hindi,Buddism etc. Yup they will get theirs.

I am always suspicious of people that only seem to report on the 'punishment' parts of the Bible. It says to me 'Believe like me or you'll be sorry'. That is the way HUMANS think, not a loving God.
Some folks really do want to punish you if you don't think like they do and that is sad.

Last edited:

I have never received any message from my Lord except one of comfort. Never once have I been so arrogant as to ask Him to punish my enemies but rather I pray for them. And it really works. Because it may not help THEM any but it takes the vengefulness out of me and restores me to a peace in my own heart.

Your 'obey me or die' phlosophy sounds more like the work of some evil entity, not from someone as forgiving and understanding as Jesus. I wonder if maybe you need to reexamine who exactly, or WHAT it is you are worshipping.

Last edited:
Humans.
Yes we are an animal.
We are not divine, we are just at the top of the chain.
You cannot accept that you are an animal?

Even if you believe in God we are as or less than a dog or cat to him.

Did God tell you that you dizzy broad...

blonde.gif

Sorry if I hurt yo feeling, I didn't mean for you to run away all wee weed up...:tongue:

You talkin to me?

that chick seems to be watching the Republican Convention.

The Bible was written by several different people (not God Himself) and like all stories the telling varies from person to person. These were primitive people whose only point of reference was fire and brimstone and horrible punishments for straying from the 'true' religion. The revelation was a MAN'S idea, and it's written the way HUMANS think, not the way an all seeing all loving God would think.

And if God is really like that I don't want to have anything to do with HIM because he's a psychopath.

And strangely enough none seemed to be written while Christ was alive.

And strangely enough none seemed to be written while Christ was alive.

Agreed. The whole Bible seems to be at least a second hand, in many cases a third and forth hand account not an eye-witness account of the happenings. I know how quickly a story changes as it gets passed around, sometimes over centuries, and how it can take on Mythic proportions.

Yep just change the menu at a wedding and presto chango you have a miracle. He turned the water into wine!

We only use a small percentage of our brains. I think Jesus may have been a man who used his entire brain. In that case you could probably walk on water too. Whoever he was, he was a great man and Id sure like to meet him someday. I have no doubt he lived, his impact was too great to be all myth and made up stories.

Yep just change the menu at a wedding and presto chango you have a miracle. He turned the water into wine!

We only use a small percentage of our brains. I think Jesus may have been a man who used his entire brain. In that case you could probably walk on water too. Whoever he was, he was a great man and Id sure like to meet him someday. I have no doubt he lived, his impact was too great to be all myth and made up stories.

Got any proof? Anything?

What do you mean by "on par" with apes? It's a scientific fact that we are apes, deal with it.
Apes are classified as "Homo Sapiens" now? :confused:

No, Homo Sapiens are classified as Apes. Humans are apes, kind of like English is a germanic language, if that analogy helps.
I dun studied Englash fer the seven years I spent in skewl and all be gotdam if I can understand a likka Germin and I damn shur aint no homo.:mad:
Fuck Germin. We bommed they asses so we aint never gotta speak that shit !:eusa_clap::eusa_shifty:
MMMMMMMM. Mommaza puttin bananer in my FrootLoopz.:eek:

Got any proof? Anything?

Of course even an idiot knows the answer to that one. Looks like a lotta people believe the same thing though, doesn't it? I like to hope for the best and that would be that such a man lived and walked amoung us and taught the simplest of lessons, that love really doesn't need any 'proof'.

Forum List

Back