"We Are Anonymous"

Delia

Truly, Madly, Deeply
Dec 31, 2012
Phfft
Has anybody read this book? A great deal of how they came to be has to do with Wikileaks, due to their cyber attack on Paypal regarding their nonsupportive stance toward Assange.

Oh shoot. I tried to link the book, as well as the wiki on "Operation Payback, but I haven't posted enough.

It was very interesting, IMO.

I think it will just continue to morph as needed. It's not any one person. As the book pointed out, five-six of them were taken down by the law, and there are probably 100 to replace each of them. There is no leader.

Everybody can join them and submit to attack anyone/thing. Its an internet comunity, which just overcharge servers using tools everybody can load in the internet.

Explains how they came to be, and what they've done. It was made in 2012.

Is there a list of who the have attacked so far?

With Westbiro and all I support them. Don't think they've murdered anyone or the like.

Nope, they're all harmless on the murder front. Places like 4chan though, where a lot of Anonymous got started; they destroy people in other ways.

I don't know if there's a list. I do know that they mostly go after corporations, rather than individuals.

Anonymous has dipped into the Steubenville rape case. If there is corruption protecting some of the football team then Anonymous will be able to dig it out:

The Strange Conflict Between Steubenville and Anonymous

I hope the Ohio State Attorney charges the adults who hosted the parties and supplied the alcohol. Anonymous could be useful in identifying those persons if the state investigators cannot.

Regards from Rosie

The possibility exists that they will use their abilities for 'good.' That's the direction this current group appears to be taking, anyway.

Are they the ones who claimed they had Romney's tax returns last year?

No good came of Wikileaks sharing names and addresses of America's Afghanistan's collaborators. They killed them and their extended families in many cases, and a number of same-name people who had no pony in the race. That's why we had to stay longer than planned and can't leave now until that is dealt with.

Wikileaks extended the Afghanistan war. It's evil to betray a nation providing protection for women who used to get murdered under the umbrella of Sharia law. It's been used too many times to murder innocent women whose only crime was not being as pretty as the next wife who wished her ill.

Has anybody read this book? A great deal of how they came to be has to do with Wikileaks, due to their cyber attack on Paypal regarding their nonsupportive stance toward Assange.

Oh shoot. I tried to link the book, as well as the wiki on "Operation Payback, but I haven't posted enough.

Anonymous predates wikileaks by a number of years.

No good came of Wikileaks sharing names and addresses of America's Afghanistan's collaborators. They killed them and their extended families in many cases, and a number of same-name people who had no pony in the race. That's why we had to stay longer than planned and can't leave now until that is dealt with.

Wikileaks extended the Afghanistan war. It's evil to betray a nation providing protection for women who used to get murdered under the umbrella of Sharia law. It's been used too many times to murder innocent women whose only crime was not being as pretty as the next wife who wished her ill.

Any links to your absurd pro war mongering claims?

Anonymous predates wikileaks by a number of years.

Yes, I know. But how they came to be hacktivists rather than whatever they were before is part of how things unfold in the book.

Anonymous was around well before the Julian Assange case. Maybe not as publicly. They're just 4-channers, some of whom are very talented with computers, while most are just filler to beef up the numbers.

Anonymous vs Scientology is my favorite cause of theirs.

Any links to your absurd pro war mongering claims?
Here are some articles related to those claims: Wikileaks Afghanistan: Taliban 'hunting down informants' - Telegraph
| details worth the risk -The Australian

Last edited:

Anonymous was around well before the Julian Assange case. Maybe not as publicly. They're just 4-channers, some of whom are very talented with computers, while most are just filler to beef up the numbers.

I misstated - I was trying to say "how they came to be (who they are now)" - not that that's when they came into existence.

Oh how did I miss this?

Actually you have it backwards. It was thanks to Anonymous that Wikileaks became as big as it did. Who do you it was that got Julian all those dox?

I thin that Anonymous was a good idea, but it became a violent group attacking everybody.

Not everyone. Only the people that truly deserve it. People like Hal Turner, Chris Forcand, and the like.

I think it will just continue to morph as needed. It's not any one person. As the book pointed out, five-six of them were taken down by the law, and there are probably 100 to replace each of them. There is no leader.

"We are Legion." Remember that. Anon is far bigger than anyone thinks.

Everybody can join them and submit to attack anyone/thing. Its an internet comunity, which just overcharge servers using tools everybody can load in the internet.

Wrong again. You can't just post a website/facebook page/whatever and say "Attack this guy." Anonymous is not your own personal army.

Nope, they're all harmless on the murder front. Places like 4chan though, where a lot of Anonymous got started; they destroy people in other ways.

I don't know if there's a list. I do know that they mostly go after corporations, rather than individuals.

Yeah... 4chan is a special place.
When I was with them, our biggest mission was Operation Chanology. I "left" sometime after that (right after Rubico hacked Palin's email), as college became more important than activism.

The possibility exists that they will use their abilities for 'good.' That's the direction this current group appears to be taking, anyway.

Are they the ones who claimed they had Romney's tax returns last year?

The thing you have to understand about Anonymous is that they're neither good nor evil. They do what they want.

Actually, most Anons do serve a purpose of some sort. Like any group of people, not everyone is good at everything. There were the hackers, yes, but (at least during Chanology), you had the guys (like me) actively protesting, and you had the organizers, then ones keeping track of everyone, and so on.

But that was a long time ago. I'm out of touch with Anon now. I'm sure that they are watching this website, by the way, so hi Anon. I hope they don't mind me talking about them since it's not in any negative light. I'm just speaking from experience from back then.

Forum List

Back