We are all related....

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Celebs' DNA reveals world's tight genes - PBS reconnects far-flung family called humanity

By Matea Gold

""I wanted to pick someone who is Jewish and someone who is Muslim and pray we get the same result in their DNA," he said.

Sure enough, genetic testing revealed that director Mike Nichols, of Eastern European Jewish heritage, and surgeon and television host Mehmet Oz, the son of Turkish Muslim immigrants, had a common paternal ancestor thousands of years ago.

"That is like affirming the story of Abraham," Gates said delightedly.

The finding is one of the discoveries featured in "Faces of America," a four-part series on PBS. A spinoff of Gates' series "African American Lives," the program seeks to tell the story of American immigration by unearthing the heritage of the likes of comedian Stephen Colbert, writer Louise Erdrich, actress Meryl Streep and figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi."

'Faces of America' links celebs' ancestry - chicagotribune.com

Celebs' DNA reveals world's tight genes - PBS reconnects far-flung family called humanity

By Matea Gold

""I wanted to pick someone who is Jewish and someone who is Muslim and pray we get the same result in their DNA," he said.

Sure enough, genetic testing revealed that director Mike Nichols, of Eastern European Jewish heritage, and surgeon and television host Mehmet Oz, the son of Turkish Muslim immigrants, had a common paternal ancestor thousands of years ago.

"That is like affirming the story of Abraham," Gates said delightedly.

The finding is one of the discoveries featured in "Faces of America," a four-part series on PBS. A spinoff of Gates' series "African American Lives," the program seeks to tell the story of American immigration by unearthing the heritage of the likes of comedian Stephen Colbert, writer Louise Erdrich, actress Meryl Streep and figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi."

'Faces of America' links celebs' ancestry - chicagotribune.com

Does that mean if you annoy me enough, I can smack the piss out of you, and it will be looked on as nothing more than simple sibling rivalry? :eusa_whistle:

Does that mean if you annoy me enough, I can smack the piss out of you, and it will be looked on as nothing more than simple sibling rivalry?

If I am ever annoying, sure thing.

Forum List

Back